Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 192

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.6.12 5/23/12 see first post)  (Read 864523 times)

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.6.7 11/30/10 see first post)
« Reply #300 on: December 30, 2010, 04:05:18 pm »

It seems that DT reports 20 immigrants in the third and fourth waves, yet only several appear. Any ideas why?
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

pineapple

• Bay Watcher
  • I shouldn't trust that bird...
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: December 30, 2010, 08:30:24 pm »

How are people downloading the latest DT Linux version? I can't get dwarftherapist.com to resolve in the browser or as a repository.  It just 404s.

bremarv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: December 30, 2010, 09:48:07 pm »

How are people downloading the latest DT Linux version? I can't get dwarftherapist.com to resolve in the browser or as a repository.  It just 404s.

I download the source and compile it myself from the googlecode repository
the future isn't the present on steroids. The future is a mutated bacteria that you never saw coming. - Annalee Newitz
there are certain rooms that should not have lava moats. Namely danger room, and daycare rooms.
I prefer dwarves for some things. Like not laying eggs.

FuzzyDoom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: December 30, 2010, 10:28:22 pm »

Trying to get back into DF and haven't tried it with my new Linux...any RPM version of DT?
Also bear in mind that dwarves have their heads at a perfect height for a good face-kicking.
That's the great thing about this forum. We can derail any discussion into any other topic.

pineapple

• Bay Watcher
  • I shouldn't trust that bird...
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: December 31, 2010, 10:11:03 am »

Succesfully checked out the source with mercurial, did qmake, make, like it says on the wiki.  It seems to have run succesfully but I can't locate the output anywhere?  Supposedly there should be a dwarftherapist-build-desktop folder now but there isn't.

Edit: nevermind I rebuilt it with QtCreator.  Now it immediately exits saying it could not open a log file because one doesn't exist.  I'd manually make one if I knew where it wanted one.

Edit 2: ok, log file sorted out.  since ptrace is disabled in maverick it has to be run with sudo, so I have to launch DF with sudo too or it won't see it.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2011, 01:53:15 am by pineapple »

The_Countess

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: January 01, 2011, 02:56:24 pm »

I don't see an option for swimming skill anywhere. Is it not tracked, or am I just missing something?

you can see swimming skills by right clicking a dwarfs name en hitting show details.
swimming skills (if any) will be listed there.

Nagidal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My gaming channel
« Reply #306 on: January 03, 2011, 09:31:46 am »

It seems to me that the dedicated DT forum is no longer maintained or active as it once was -- it's still announcing the version 0.5.7. Therefore I'll just repost a suggestion I posted in there a moment ago:

I generally like to assign tasks to my dwarves according to their personal thoughts and preferences, especially to what is written in the green/red paragraph of them. That means I don't make a miner of a dwarf who is weak and easily tired. Thoughts and preferences can be accessed when you "view crew" a dwarf in the units list, and then by pressing Enter you display them.

While I can carefully select the skill and task profile for each of my 7 starting dwarves, this procedure gets more complicated with the dwarves coming with the immigration waves. (You know, look their names up, search for them in the units list, view crew, view thoughts ...). I would very much prefer to lookup the thoughts and preferences of each individual Dwarf in Dwarf Therapist.

I know that in the current version you can see "Traits" of each dwarf when you mouse over him, but this does not say anything about his physical and mental abilities which you can read in the green/red section of the thoughts and preferences description. Nor can anything like that be seen in the Dwarf Details Dock windows of Dwarf Therapist.

That's why I would like you to implement the possibility of displaying thoughts and preferences of a dwarf do Dwarf Therapist. The sooner the better.
I stream most of my DF sessions: gaming.youtube/nagidal146, they are archived on my youtube channel. (Dwarf Fortress Tutorials)

ikkonoishi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: January 03, 2011, 12:45:40 pm »

I have a couple of small requests.
When you hover over a skill in the grid view it pops up a window showing just that skill and its levels.
Could you switch that to showing the full list of the Dwarf's skills with the hovered over skill bolded after a couple of seconds?

Also it would be nice if you could flip the grid view so that the skills are on the left, and the dwarves names are across the top. That would be more useful I would think. I find that I read the skill names more than the Dwarf names.
Our Dwarven instincts compel us to run blindly towards disaster in case there may be a ☼<☼giant cave spider silk sock☼>☼ lying around.

FuzzyDoom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: January 08, 2011, 04:41:02 pm »

So any idea on how to get DT working on non-Ubuntu Linux? Would be VERY helpful. Linux noob here so try not to sound too guru-ish if you can.  ;D
Also bear in mind that dwarves have their heads at a perfect height for a good face-kicking.
That's the great thing about this forum. We can derail any discussion into any other topic.

bremarv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: January 08, 2011, 08:01:44 pm »

So any idea on how to get DT working on non-Ubuntu Linux? Would be VERY helpful. Linux noob here so try not to sound too guru-ish if you can.  ;D

You always have the option of compiling it yourself. If you click on the linux link in the first post there is also a link to 0.6.4 in the old section which should include memory_layouts up to 31.16, and if you use 31.18 you can just add it yourself.

You might also have some luck searching for 'dwarf therapist <distro>' and find that someone have made a package. At least on Arch Linux some users have made a gaming repository containing df and dt.
the future isn't the present on steroids. The future is a mutated bacteria that you never saw coming. - Annalee Newitz
there are certain rooms that should not have lava moats. Namely danger room, and daycare rooms.
I prefer dwarves for some things. Like not laying eggs.

GrimmBean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: January 09, 2011, 09:49:35 am »

I am very new to Linux.

I am running Debian 5.0.7
while trying to build DT I ran all of these commands per instructions:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
and this is what I get when I run make:

I know you don't have to have Dwarf The Rapist to play......
Any help is appreciated

Forumite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: January 09, 2011, 11:42:15 am »

Any idea when another version will come out for the Mac?

I´m still running DF 0.31.12 because that´s the only one with a working Mac verison of Dwarf Therapist.
"The ability to quote is a serviceable substitute for wit." - W. Somerset Maugham

zibjio

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: January 11, 2011, 09:39:21 pm »

I am very new to Linux.

I am running Debian 5.0.7
while trying to build DT I ran all of these commands per instructions:
and this is what I get when I run make:

I know you don't have to have Dwarf The Rapist to play......
Any help is appreciated

Hey man, I had the same issue. The problem is debian has qt 4.4. Download the newest version from the qt website, and try compiling again. After that, I got this error when I tried to run it:

Could not open logfile for writing! "No such file or directory"

So I did:

mkdir log; touch log/run.log

And that solved that. Now it's crashing with this, in that same log file:

2011-Jan-12 02:30:39.429 DEBUG   core   attempting connection to running DF game [src/mainwindow.cpp:224] (connect_to_df)
2011-Jan-12 02:30:39.438 ERROR   core   No valid memory layouts found in the following directories... () [src/dfinstance.cpp:98] (DFInstance)
2011-Jan-12 02:30:39.497 DEBUG   core   base_addr: 134531376 HEX 804c930 [src/dfinstancelinux.cpp:324] (find_running_copy)
2011-Jan-12 02:30:40.152 DEBUG   core   DF's checksum is "0x884f794d" [src/dfinstancelinux.cpp:328] (find_running_copy)
2011-Jan-12 02:30:40.152 DEBUG   core   DF's checksum is: "0x884f794d" [src/dfinstance.cpp:636] (get_memory_layout)
2011-Jan-12 02:30:40.308 ERROR   core   "unable to identify version from checksum:" "0x884f794d" [src/dfinstance.cpp:672] (get_memory_layout)

So I guess I'll try to solve that now...

Edit: should have read the build info page on the wiki on the project's page. Just needed to copy the etc folder to the folder the binary was in.

dwarftherapist/bin/release$ cp -r ../../etc/ .
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 09:47:27 pm by zibjio »

Darkdwarf14

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: January 12, 2011, 01:07:41 am »

Hey I'm using DFusion to have other races from deon's genesis mod in my fort and was wondering if there was a way to have DT work with other races not just Dwarfs. Any advice? and thanks in advance.

ke1evra

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: January 13, 2011, 04:56:48 pm »

Here is how I made it work on Ubuntu 10.10 with DF Phoebus v.0.31.18 and DT 0.6.7 from scratch
I got a dv4-2145dx
First I got Ubuntu from here: http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/releases/10.10/release/ubuntu-10.10-dvd-amd64.iso.torrent
Then I got DF Phoebus v.0.31.18 from here: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=2944
I unpacked it, doubleclicked on DF icon and nothing happened at all :)
Then I found out from README that it needs some libraries:
Code: [Select]
GTK+ 2+ 
SDL 1.2+     
SDL_image
And some OpenGL implementation:
libgl
libglu
Also by running DF through terminal, I've fund out there were some missing x32 libraries. I got them all from Synaptic Package Manager and that was it for DF to make it work. As it turned out it was an easy part  :D
I experienced hard time hustling for DT 0.6.7 or at least 0.6.6 for Linux version. Adding featured repositories resulted these errors:
Failed to fetch http://dwarftherapist.com/apt/dists/maverick/universe/source/Sources.gz 404 Not Found
Failed to fetch http://dwarftherapist.com/apt/dists/maverick/universe/binary-amd64/Packages.gz 404 Not Found Some index files failed to download, they have been ignored, or old ones used instead.

Well it turned out that i have to compile DT by my self, i got instructions from here: http://code.google.com/p/dwarftherapist/wiki/BuildingDwarfTherapist
Shortly, I did install Mercurial and Qt SDK, then, get following packages by typing in terminal:
sudo apt-get install build-essential libglib2.0-dev libSM-dev libxrender-dev libfontconfig1-dev libxext-devand comppile:
$ sudo apt-get install qt4-qmake qt4-dev-tools

$ hg clone https://dwarftherapist.googlecode.com/hg/ dwarftherapist

$ cd dwarftherapist

$ qmake

$ make

After that, make a log directory in the same folder as the binary (bin/release), then copy the dwarftherapist/etc folder in there too.
I haven't done this yet, it gives error message but still works for me (only works if launched from terminal).
Then it finally launched by typing (or just doubleclick it i assume):
./bin/release/DwarfTherapist
Well it connected to the game, BUT it didn't read my dwarfs! It gave me such error message:
Unable to talk to Dwarf Fortress: Dwarf Fortress has either stopped running, or your unloaded your game. Please re-connect when a fort is loadedFinally i googled up this page: http://udpviper.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=18106&p=290189&hilit=ubuntu#p290189
To make it work type this (only works until reboot):
echo 0 | sudo tee /proc/sys/kernel/yama/ptrace_scopeTo make this setting permanent, first run the "echo" command above, then edit the /etc/sysctl.d/10-ptrace.conf file. (You'll need to have super-user permissions to save your changes). Look for the line:
kernel.yama.ptrace_scope = 1at the bottom of the file, and change it to:
kernel.yama.ptrace_scope = 0Finally I got Windows-like experience running DF+DT on Linux, hope it helps someone.
Also here's history of installed stuff from Synaptic Package Manager since OS installation through hustling, you won't need all of that though:
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 192