Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 192

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.6.12 5/23/12 see first post)  (Read 864521 times)

DDR

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Frogatto
Re: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.6.7 11/30/10 see first post)
« Reply #285 on: December 17, 2010, 05:22:45 pm »

Where are filter scripts stored in Windows XP? ???
Answer: C:\Documents and Settings\David\Application Data\UDP Software
« Last Edit: December 17, 2010, 05:58:02 pm by DDR »
Il Palazzo: "Urist, quick, grab your ax! There's a troll rampaging through the decimal conversion chambers!"
melomel: DF is like OCD candy, isn't it? existent: No, DF is like the stranger in the trench coat offering the candy.

madciol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: December 18, 2010, 07:10:59 am »

I would like very much to have different icon for "On break" than for "Idle". My OCD screams "no lazy bum freeloaders idlers!". Thankyouverymuch.

DDR

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Frogatto
« Reply #287 on: December 19, 2010, 01:21:08 am »

That actually relates to my new question: How do you filter on current job? I'd like to remove any resting people from my worklist, as I already have with people who can't work (like children). Resters rarely get better, I don't know why. All those really horrific injuries, maybe? :)
I've got a lot of them, and they're gumming up my production.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2010, 01:22:41 am by DDR »
Il Palazzo: "Urist, quick, grab your ax! There's a troll rampaging through the decimal conversion chambers!"
melomel: DF is like OCD candy, isn't it? existent: No, DF is like the stranger in the trench coat offering the candy.

Jorshamo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: December 19, 2010, 04:43:26 pm »

I don't see an option for swimming skill anywhere. Is it not tracked, or am I just missing something?

pineapple

• Bay Watcher
  • I shouldn't trust that bird...
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: December 19, 2010, 11:13:46 pm »

Is there an alternate dowload link for the linux version? dwarftherapist.com seems to be down and that's what the google code page links to.

Samohan25

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: December 20, 2010, 02:53:09 am »

I would like very much to have different icon for "On break" than for "Idle". My OCD screams "no lazy bum freeloaders idlers!". Thankyouverymuch.

I agree, we need a way to filter on job and some diffrenciation between 'On break' and 'Idle', currently not only do they use the same icons but they both come up as 'No job' when you hover over it to show the job.

Kc_spot

• Bay Watcher
  • RAW RAW OUT THINK THA POWAH!!!
    • View Profile
    • DFnoob
Re: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.6.6 11/16/10 see first post)
« Reply #291 on: December 23, 2010, 06:57:08 pm »

Why oh why is the following being ignored?

I would love ANY kind of answer to this
Yours is the fort that will pierce the hells!

Oh look, A DF blog.

This is a goblin skull loo. all craftdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encrusted with troll teeth.

Trouserman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.6.6 11/16/10 see first post)
« Reply #292 on: December 23, 2010, 07:49:05 pm »

Why oh why is the following being ignored?

For Urist's sake, it's not being ignored.  DwarfEngineer made a very clear and reasonable response the very same day.

ThisIsVictor

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: December 24, 2010, 02:52:47 am »

Hey all! My first post, woo hoo!

I'm trying to install Dwarf Therapist on Ubuntu 10.04. I'm new to both DF and Ubuntu, so it's not going so well. Here are my problems:

I tried to install via apt-get. I added the source, typed out the command and got:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
  dwarftherapist: Depends: libqtcore4 (>= 4:4.7.0~beta1) but 4:4.6.2-0ubuntu5.1 is to be installed
E: Broken packages

Ubuntu is telling me that version is exactly the one I already have installed, so I'm not sure what's going on there.

I also tried running an alpha version I found previously in this thread. That was DwarfTherapist_LINUX_ALPHA_R444.5. When I run that a terminal pops up, shows an error message too fast for me to see and closes.

Any advice would be awesome!
--Victor

bremarv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: December 24, 2010, 07:58:12 pm »

I tried to install via apt-get. I added the source, typed out the command and got:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
  dwarftherapist: Depends: libqtcore4 (>= 4:4.7.0~beta1) but 4:4.6.2-0ubuntu5.1 is to be installed
E: Broken packages

Ubuntu is telling me that version is exactly the one I already have installed, so I'm not sure what's going on there.
I think what it's saying is that Dwarf Therapist requires version 4.7.0 of libqtcore, while the one in the ubuntu 10.04 repos are only 4.6.2. If this is right DwarfEngineer is probably using Ubuntu 10.10. Not sure what you can do about this. My first reaction is to compile DT myself.

I also tried running an alpha version I found previously in this thread. That was DwarfTherapist_LINUX_ALPHA_R444.5. When I run that a terminal pops up, shows an error message too fast for me to see and closes.
Try running it from a terminal and you should probably see the error messages there.
the future isn't the present on steroids. The future is a mutated bacteria that you never saw coming. - Annalee Newitz
there are certain rooms that should not have lava moats. Namely danger room, and daycare rooms.
I prefer dwarves for some things. Like not laying eggs.

ThisIsVictor

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: December 25, 2010, 03:58:35 am »

I went ahead and upgraded to Ubuntu 10.0. I've been meaning to do it, this is just the excuse I need.

I got DT installed and I can run it from the terminal. It pops up for a moment and then closes. I get the following messages in the terminal:

Code: [Select]
Could not open logfile for writing! "No such file or directory"
ptrace attach: Operation not permitted

(<unknown>:3142): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: invalid uninstantiatable type `(null)' in cast to `GObject'

(<unknown>:3142): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_object_get_data: assertion `G_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed
victor@victor-laptop:~$ DwarfTherapist

(<unknown>:3178): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: invalid uninstantiatable type `(null)' in cast to `GObject'

(<unknown>:3178): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_object_get_data: assertion `G_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed

I have no idea what that means and google wasn't very helpful.

Thanks for the help!!
--Victor

mrbaggins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: December 27, 2010, 03:15:07 am »

Hey. First thanks for a great tool

Now,  the problem.

I keep getting "??" as parts of different things in the program. For example, my miner might be "Competent (4) Miner" but under that will be "Novice (1) ??"

There is no consistency within it, in that case it was masonry.

I also get the same thing on current jobs "Crafting ?? crafts"

The last 3 pages made no mention of this...

I'm using Phoebus 31.18v2 and Therapist 0.6.7.

bremarv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: December 28, 2010, 02:11:36 pm »

Code: [Select]

sounds like a problem with the permissions on the dwarf therapist folder. giving write permissions to all should help.[/code]
« Last Edit: December 28, 2010, 09:49:21 pm by bremarv »
the future isn't the present on steroids. The future is a mutated bacteria that you never saw coming. - Annalee Newitz
there are certain rooms that should not have lava moats. Namely danger room, and daycare rooms.
I prefer dwarves for some things. Like not laying eggs.

kiffer.geo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: December 28, 2010, 09:05:18 pm »

Just got Dwarf Therapist working on Ubuntu 10.10 with DF 31.18
This is not in and of itself the interesting or fun part...
The fun part is that I'm using it over ssh X11 forwarding to control a fortress that I otherwise control with DFTERM2 :-)

For future reference, should anyone else want to forward DT over some kind of crazy ssh/X11 tunnel there is one snag I ran into...
I tried to just use sudo to run DT but still got ptrace errors, so I used 'sudo su' to become root but then I got x11 forwarding errors because I wasn't the same user anymore which was fixed with the following few commands
Whilst regular user;
echo $DISPLAY (to find out which display X11 was using)
xauth list (which returned several entries that looked like this SERVERNAME/unix:13  MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1  a1d52694834b20ad521e46db9caf33a8)

then after 'sudo su' ie whilst root
xauth add SERVERNAME/unix:13  MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1  a1d52694834b20ad521e46db9caf33a8

Now... this is pretty laggy but it works... I can now control my small 50 Dwarf Fortress, which is running on a spare machine in my house from my laptop anywhere in the world AND I can still use DwarfTherapist to manage it!

Anyway the most important part of my post:Thank you, Dwarf Engineer, for your excellent application!

EDIT: actually... now I'm getting an error... "Unidentified Game Version"... I got it once before and then it went away... now it's back... most odd.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2010, 09:19:02 pm by kiffer.geo »

ThisIsVictor

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: December 29, 2010, 09:23:40 pm »

Got it working! I don't use it much because running DF and DT at the same time slows my netbook down a lot.

Thanks for all the help!
--Victor
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 192