Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 192

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.6.12 5/23/12 see first post)  (Read 864555 times)

alpha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.6.6 11/16/10 see first post)
« Reply #255 on: November 28, 2010, 09:41:44 pm »

./bin/DwarfTherapist: symbol lookup error: ./bin/DwarfTherapist: undefined symbol: _ZN9QHashData14detach_helper2EPFvPNS_4NodeEPvEPFvS1_Eii

I have qt core libs v.4.6.3 installed.

Any help to fix this, please?

EDIT:

Got it working by manually compiling the source. Alas, another error appears:

Code: [Select]
"unable to identify version from checksum:" "0x884f794d" [src/dfinstance.cpp:672] (get_memory_layout)
Any help?
« Last Edit: November 28, 2010, 10:35:26 pm by alpha »

MiniMacker

• Bay Watcher
  • Side-effects include nausia, tantrum and insanity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: November 29, 2010, 06:20:11 am »

The number of dwarves I have is changing randomly. Sometimes I have the full 19, sometimes I lose two dwarves to 17.

Using 0.6.6, but I'll try downloading the test version 0.6.7
It isn't a new Dwarf Fortress version until we're made to fear some kind of regular creature.  Carp, Elephants, Unicorns, Badgers, and now Mosquitos.  I've got 5 dorfBucks on the next one being plagues of groundhogs.

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: November 29, 2010, 10:25:30 am »

The number of dwarves I have is changing randomly. Sometimes I have the full 19, sometimes I lose two dwarves to 17.

Same issue with 0.6.7 tho it's more accurate with less dorfs. Swinging heavily 39-44 dwarves here. Never recognize full 45.
Intensifying Mod v0.23 for 0.31.25. Paper tigers are white.
Prepacked Dwarf Fortress with Intensifying mod v.0.23, Phoebus graphics set, DFhack, Dwarf Therapist, Runesmith and a specialized custom worldgen param.

schussel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: November 29, 2010, 10:53:22 am »

this is the issue with ghostie flag or so .. if i read that correct .. it makes  dwarfes on break dissappear ...

a workaround for it was written some pages ago

alpha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: November 29, 2010, 10:14:25 pm »

I'm sorry but I don't know how to talk to this version of Dwarf Fortress! (checksum:0x884f794d)
... anyone?

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: November 30, 2010, 12:09:08 am »

I'm sorry but I don't know how to talk to this version of Dwarf Fortress! (checksum:0x884f794d)
... anyone?
Sorry, I also do not know how to speak Dee-ef-ian.
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

Dai-rasa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: November 30, 2010, 09:58:22 am »

... anyone?

You forgot to copy the memory location file. In short, DT is missing an ini file that tells it where is what.
Check the 'etc' directory within the DT source directory. You should be able to find the proper .ini file there.

alpha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: November 30, 2010, 11:32:04 am »

... anyone?

You forgot to copy the memory location file. In short, DT is missing an ini file that tells it where is what.
Check the 'etc' directory within the DT source directory. You should be able to find the proper .ini file there.

Copied the "etc" directory from source and it worked.

You sir are noble gentledwarf and a scholar.

Kilowatt

• Bay Watcher
  • I wonder what this does...
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.6.7 11/30/10 see first post)
« Reply #263 on: December 02, 2010, 08:52:21 pm »

Hrm. I can't seem to download the file for Linux. I apparently don't have permission to access the directory, and then there's a 404 when ErrorDocument handles the request.

calrogman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: December 03, 2010, 03:29:40 pm »

Hrm. I can't seem to download the file for Linux. I apparently don't have permission to access the directory, and then there's a 404 when ErrorDocument handles the request.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=66525.msg1730487#msg1730487

Kilowatt

• Bay Watcher
  • I wonder what this does...
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: December 03, 2010, 05:45:52 pm »

Thanks. Works flawlessly!

Axecleaver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: December 06, 2010, 01:23:59 pm »

First of all, I must thank chmod, DwarfEngineer, and the other contributors for the wonderful tool that is Dwarf Therapist. I think profit put it aptly when he said,
It makes Dwarf fortress playable.  It's that good.

However...
As a lot of other users have already asked about the following issue and have not elicited so much as a PEEP in response, I can only surmise that:
THEY DID NOT SPEAK LOUD ENOUGH.

Just wanted to start off with props to chmod and DwarfEngineer. I really love this utility and I find the game nearly unplayable without it since I discovered it. Just one question and sorry if it has been asked before. In the future will it be able to properly show castes? Or at least be able to properly show the gender of races with multiple castes? I play with Deon's Genesis and it just seems to pick a random gender. Caste would be nice but gender is important since I only allow males in my military and it would be nice to tell who is what at a glance.

Quick Question:  Does DwarfTherapist work with this mod? I can't imagine why it wouldn't but I think I heard it once.
It does, it just doesn't show gender properly. The displayed gender is seemingly random due to castes.

Dwarf Therapist is missing crucial functionality!

It can read a dwarf's traits, but only the ones that are useless! Agility, strength, endurance, recuperation, toughness, kinesthetic sense, spatial sense, willpower, etc. are not listed

Makes my OCD sad.

Try posting about it in the Dwarf Therapist thread or even the Dwarf Therapist forums.

On a side note I agree.

this may just be me but i use dwarf therapist with dwarf fortress and it cant read ure genders right ive never had tbhis issue before and ive played  vanilla and civilization mod and it was always right before but now it says i got 1 man and 6 women and in game when i check ive got 3 men and 4 women ive tried a fresh instal of dwarf therapist and tried restarting it and reloading it a few times as well any ideas and yes im not stupud i know this isnt the dwarf therapist forum.....
That's a problem with how Dwarf Therapist responds to castes. I've brought this up on the DT thread an was thoroughly ignored but you could try as well.

erm hello so ive been using this mod for a few months now loved it and DF is unplayable with out it ive used it on vanilla and civilization mod and its perfect but just today i wanted somthing different so i tried the genesis mod and while playing dwarf fortress told me i had 1 guy and 6 women and when i checked in game i had 3 men and 4 women and the person it said was male was a women. so was wondering if there is any way to fix this? or a work around for this or a planned update to fix this or if thats even possible? sry for the run on

I'm just saying...
These folks have already brought up this issue in the Genesis Mod thread (where nothing can be done about it), in this Dwarf Therapist thread, and RadPanda even started a new thread about this. And... no response...?

No offense, but is DwarfEngineer or anyone who is in a position to address this aware of this? I do realize that Dwarf Therapist is a very popular tool and this thread gets frequent posts from users with issues and concerns. So, it's not surprising when a message or two gets buried under new posts. But, IMO, it would help immensely if it was acknowledged with something like, "we are aware of the problem" or even "sorry, but I'm afraid this can not be fixed."

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: December 06, 2010, 01:37:11 pm »

It's been brought up in Stonesense... The XML offsets for certain parts of the data (creatures, stats, etc.) have changed and nobody has updated them.  (at least, that's the consensus.)

It's not enough to set the initial XML offset in these cases because the extra data that was being collected before has moved in memory and the numbers need to be updated.  In some cases, the programs need to be updated to handle this change.  It's just that nobody has done it.

Gem windows aren't showing up for me correctly.

I got stonesense working by replacing the memory XML in the old stonesense with the one from DFhack, would that be the issue? They just look like empty frames.

I know creatures don't show up via memory XML replacement, but I wasn't sure about windows.

generally, unless it's stated otherwise, just assume that the xml isn't complete yet.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2010, 01:39:48 pm by Andir »
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

SurfinShroom

• Bay Watcher
  • Why so cereal?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: December 06, 2010, 02:11:36 pm »

Installed, it pops up with a graphics error of some sort? Is this because i'm using a tileset?
Forgotten Beasts seem to be akin to Toady playing Russian Roulette with your fortress, as they can be anything from harmless giant worms made of mud to necrotic-gas spewing nigh-invunerable iron hydras of doom.

calrogman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: December 06, 2010, 04:20:10 pm »

Installed, it pops up with a graphics error of some sort? Is this because i'm using a tileset?
No, using a tileset won't change how Dwarf Fortress uses its memory.  Please be more specific about the error.  Copy and paste what pops up or provide a core dump if you know how.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 192