Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 192

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.6.12 5/23/12 see first post)  (Read 864622 times)

calrogman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.6.4 10/4/10 see first post)
« Reply #135 on: October 26, 2010, 12:02:51 pm »

Are there any plans for a package in the Debian repositories?

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: November 10, 2010, 06:36:52 am »

does this version support the old 40d18? which is the more recent that support that df build?

SandehBear

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 10, 2010, 02:07:15 pm »

Is it possible to group by two or more things at once? For instance, I really want to know who has the lowest overall levels in my newest migration wave so I can put them into the military. Grouping by lowest level would let me do it much more quickly.

DwarfEngineer

• Bay Watcher
  • Grumble Grumble...
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.6.5 11/11/10 see first post)
« Reply #138 on: November 11, 2010, 07:21:23 pm »

New version 0.6.5 available for download with 0.31.17 support for windows. 

Linux offsets are here for now.  Experimenting with creating a debian package.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 09:30:11 pm by DwarfEngineer »
Current Dwarf Therapist Maintainer - Tips

DwarfEngineer

• Bay Watcher
  • Grumble Grumble...
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: November 11, 2010, 07:23:13 pm »

does this version support the old 40d18? which is the more recent that support that df build?

See the supported versions wiki page.  Should be 0.4.2.

DwarfEngineer

• Bay Watcher
  • Grumble Grumble...
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: November 13, 2010, 02:26:33 am »

Testers wanted for the Ubuntu package repository.  The linux SDL version 0.31.17 of Dwarf Fortress is supported with these packages for Ubuntu.
I will do an official wiki page when a few people let me know that these work for them.

Add the appropriate line to your sources.list. See the Ubuntu Help Page if you need help.
Ubuntu 10.04 (Lucid) - deb http://dwarftherapist.com/apt lucid universe
Ubuntu 10.10 (Maverick) - deb http://dwarftherapist.com/apt maverick universe

Note: Because of the updated kernel, DwarfTherpist will prompt you if it needs root permissions in order to attach to Dwarf Fortress.  If you are uncomfortable doing running DwarfTherapist as root, see the workaround above.

Rebirthocool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: November 13, 2010, 07:23:47 pm »

I can confirm the 10.04 repository works with DF 0.31.17

DwarfEngineer

• Bay Watcher
  • Grumble Grumble...
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: November 13, 2010, 10:59:29 pm »

If your dwarf therapist session is being haunted by ghosts (which is awesome) you can modify the invalid_flags_1 section of your memory layout file as follows:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The next version will include this fix.

nordak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: November 14, 2010, 11:59:40 pm »

Since you all have the know how, any way to get a Military Therapist utility?  I'm looking for something that manages all of the aspects setting up squads.  From individual equipment layout to quick alert setup.
Exerpt from townbrush.txt by Internet Kraken:

"Nobody wants to live in Townbrush, and for good reason. Almost everyone that has come to Townbrush has been eaten, stabbed, crushed, drowned, hacked, incinerated, or beaten to death with an octopre skin backpack. When we're not under siege, we're being attacked by Forgotten Beasts. And when we're not being attacked by Forgotten Beasts, there's probably a zombie whale crushing someone to death in the dining room."

DwarfEngineer

• Bay Watcher
  • Grumble Grumble...
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: November 15, 2010, 12:53:02 am »

Since you all have the know how, any way to get a Military Therapist utility?  I'm looking for something that manages all of the aspects setting up squads.  From individual equipment layout to quick alert setup.

I would like to add at least a certain amount of military aspects to DT.  I've been working on reading squads tonight and have been able to find the squad vector, names, ids, and members.  So hopefully we'll at least be able to group by squad for the next release of DT.  Once I get a better handle on it, editing may become a possibility.  Though I think it will be limited to moving dwarves between squads (recruiting and unrecruiting) for quite a while.  The uniforms stuff seems fairly complex.

Viken

• Bay Watcher
  • "Fight, or Die. Easy."
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: November 15, 2010, 02:36:57 am »

The military aspect of DF is one of the most complex (and for me, the hardest) aspect to get into.  I can build gaint monuments, mine straight into Hell; I can even create a Dwarf Monument built of ice in the coldest northern reaches; but for the love of me I cannot set up even a simple military and choose their equipment and uniforms.  I cannot tell you have many games I've been killed on because I couldn't get a squard organized and put together to defend a single (OVER-FORTIFIED) entrance into my entire complex.

Traps help, but it cannot stop a mass of goblins (or elves, for that matter) from coming over the horizon to butcher me.  :'(  So I'd be VERY VERY VERY bloody happy to see Dwarf Therapist make strides toward being able to offer a simple UI solution to the complexities of the DF Military.  And I'm sure several of us would agree.  ;D  So here's my pre-plot THANK YOU!!!  8) 8) 8)
"It takes being a nerd to be a dorf, and I'm more than happy to compensate."

Imxset21

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: November 15, 2010, 03:12:55 am »

I can confirm that the deb repositories work for Ubuntu 10.10 and DF 0.31.17

I luv you :3

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: November 15, 2010, 03:25:15 am »

I don't have trouble understanding the military interface, but it could sure as hell be made a lot less burdensome.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

MaXMC

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: November 15, 2010, 03:38:33 am »

Ok, I know this is only in my mind, but it's been bugging me for a really long time now...  :-\

Every time I see the headline "Dwarf therapist" I read, "Dwarf The Rapist"... shouldn't the name be Dwarven therapist, that way it's grammatically wrong to say "dwarven the rapist"...

KingOfBudgies

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: November 15, 2010, 05:51:52 am »

I just added the Lucid Dwarf Therapist repository to my source list, but nothing shows up when I refresh the Update Manager.  Has anyone else had this problem?
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 192