Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 192

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.6.12 5/23/12 see first post)  (Read 864528 times)

DwarfEngineer

• Bay Watcher
  • Grumble Grumble...
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.6.4 10/4/10 see first post)
« Reply #105 on: October 04, 2010, 10:06:15 pm »

Random request: Can you put the version of DF supported in either the thread title or the first post?  Would make it simpler to see if whatever version of DF is supported. :)
Will do.
Current Dwarf Therapist Maintainer - Tips

gralcio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 06, 2010, 06:45:18 am »

Version 0.6.4 shows "pikeman" skill for dwarves with lasher skill.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #107 on: October 06, 2010, 01:06:48 pm »

Version 0.6.4 shows "pikeman" skill for dwarves with lasher skill.

Sounds like this bug; presumably, it was fixed for the next 0.5.x release but never made it into 0.6.x.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

DwarfEngineer

• Bay Watcher
  • Grumble Grumble...
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 06, 2010, 01:17:57 pm »

I do believe that it is.  If you could post a save with a lasher dwarf, that would make my life easier :)

Burning_Iceman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 06, 2010, 01:38:14 pm »

If it helps you any, it shows the correct skills in the tooltip but marks the wrong columns. Definately for Lasher, Bowman and Pikeman. Dunno about Bowyer or Thrower.

chmod

• Bay Watcher
  • I get by with a little help from my friends
    • View Profile
    • UDP Viper
« Reply #110 on: October 06, 2010, 02:09:47 pm »

If it helps you any, it shows the correct skills in the tooltip but marks the wrong columns. Definately for Lasher, Bowman and Pikeman. Dunno about Bowyer or Thrower.
Uh oh. That means the gridview that ships is broken. It won't be enough to just fix the game data ini file.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #111 on: October 06, 2010, 02:26:57 pm »

Uh oh. That means the gridview that ships is broken. It won't be enough to just fix the game data ini file.

Yes, I even noted as much in the bug report - "The columns in the "Military" view for Pikeman, Lasher, Bowman, and Blowgunner are likewise listing experience values for the wrong skills, and there is no "Thrower" column."
I ended up making a custom view for Military to fix the problem.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Masau

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 07, 2010, 09:02:49 pm »

Few things. First, I'm new to the game (and obviously therapist), and I'd like to say thanks to DwarfEngineer and chmod for maintaining this project (past and present). It's incredibly helpful.

Second, I saw on the first page that the picture included some attributes (str, agil, toughness) under "happiness" in the dwarf details section, but they don't appear in mine, and I can't seem to find a setting to enable them. Is there something I have to do before I can view them with therapist?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 07, 2010, 09:05:52 pm »

those three are the old attribute trio from 40D. .31 has a bunch more, they aren't mapped fully yet, I think.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Masau

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 07, 2010, 09:06:35 pm »

Alright, thank you :)

guale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 08, 2010, 01:27:23 am »

Just wanted to start off with props to chmod and DwarfEngineer. I really love this utility and I find the game nearly unplayable without it since I discovered it. Just one question and sorry if it has been asked before. In the future will it be able to properly show castes? Or at least be able to properly show the gender of races with multiple castes? I play with Deon's Genesis and it just seems to pick a random gender. Caste would be nice but gender is important since I only allow males in my military and it would be nice to tell who is what at a glance.

DwarfEngineer

• Bay Watcher
  • Grumble Grumble...
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 08, 2010, 05:58:32 pm »

Just a heads up, I'll be on vacation until Oct 18th.  Hopefully Toady doesn't switch to the .NET framework or something while I'm gone :)

Alekiel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 10, 2010, 04:41:03 pm »

I'm having some weird annoying behavior with Therapist. It seems that whenever I use it, I get something corrupted and the game crashes after a while. If I save, it will crash during the saving process, so the save also gets corrupted. I'm trying to find out what exactly causes the crash right now. I think it has something to do with editing the "crafts" section, but I might be wrong.

I'll keep looking into it and report. Running on Linux 31.16, Therapist 0.6.4.

FuzzyDoom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 10, 2010, 06:04:05 pm »

I'm having some weird annoying behavior with Therapist. It seems that whenever I use it, I get something corrupted and the game crashes after a while. If I save, it will crash during the saving process, so the save also gets corrupted. I'm trying to find out what exactly causes the crash right now. I think it has something to do with editing the "crafts" section, but I might be wrong.

I'll keep looking into it and report. Running on Linux 31.16, Therapist 0.6.4.

The save one is a known bug. Try it without Therapist and see what happens.
Also bear in mind that dwarves have their heads at a perfect height for a good face-kicking.
That's the great thing about this forum. We can derail any discussion into any other topic.

adouglas

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 10, 2010, 06:12:24 pm »

Minor Issue.  When exporting custom professions, the default file extension is .dtp but when importing them it is .dt
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 192