Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 192

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.6.12 5/23/12 see first post)  (Read 864243 times)

Subtext

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.6.10 3/15/11 see first post)
« Reply #885 on: February 15, 2012, 11:58:17 am »

I don't think OP realizes that THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE ARE RELYING ON HIM TO HURRY THE HECK UP to allow them to play this.

"I don't have much time" without stating a reason is just rude. Adventure mode is still too dull for me and Dwarf Mode is virtually unplayable without this mods help. :|

Maybe someone ought to give DE Weaselcake's IP...just do block him from downloading DT for another week or so.

Thanks to everyone who is working on this!

Starhero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: February 15, 2012, 12:03:11 pm »

We are derailing but why not.

Minecraft is still a fun game, I actually wish that DF2MC was working better then it does now, though I am sure it is surely broken even after DFHack is updated to the latest version of DF.

Personally I dislike vanilla MC. I like the mods that are for MC.

Namely:

Industrial craft
Build-craft (with other addons including logistics pipes)
RedPower
Computer craft (yes there is a LUA based computer in Minecraft now and it works very well for what it was designed for and suprizingly well for what it wasn't designed for)

Is MC a watered down version of DF? Hell yes...but both games are good.

My comment was on the fact that when there is a new release for MC, EVERYONE AND THEIR MOTHER is DEMANDING for these mods to update...and yet these men are making the game for free (tho they use ad.fly for making SOME cash, hardly anything to live off of tho)

I remember in oct. one of my friends was talking about "I am pumping oil into some tanks, this is COOL!" I had no idea what he was using for mods then (found out later it was buildcraft) because I just had the comment of saying "I am getting slaves to mine out things for me in DF, and killing them if they don't :P

Both games have an extreme about of fun in them.

For those that love complex games, try some of the major mods...most I stated.

Mods are a bit weird to install tho, I will state that, but most of you are programmers or technically inclined so it should be nothing.

Industrial craft adds in machinery to macerate ore, and double production...and also a power net with solar panels and eventually you will get to the level of nuclear power.

Build-craft allows you to pipe said machinery and that of other mods and V items so you can automate things.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 12:04:43 pm by Starhero »
Dwarf Fortress, a great game with an even better community!

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: February 15, 2012, 12:05:23 pm »

We are derailing but why not.

totally wrong attitude.

Aavak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Bohemian Shenanigans
« Reply #888 on: February 15, 2012, 12:06:28 pm »

Please allow me to express my deepest gratitude to DE for their work on this project. While it may become a chore, with so many stating that they are wholly dependant on your work to enjoy the game, with such a weight of expectation you must feel rushed, but please take your time. I'm sure that you do this work because you enjoy it (or at least I imagine that was part of your reason to begin with!) so don't jeopardise that enjoyment, and risk being burnt out over the clamour of those who urge you to get DT updated as soon as possible.

Kipi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: February 15, 2012, 12:10:27 pm »

First of all, thanks to everybody who are working towards getting DT compatible with the new version of DF!

I don't think OP realizes that THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE ARE RELYING ON HIM TO HURRY THE HECK UP to allow them to play this.

"I don't have much time" without stating a reason is just rude. Adventure mode is still too dull for me and Dwarf Mode is virtually unplayable without this mods help. :|
*Implying that OP is still working on this.* (Heck, thought this was the really old thread...  oh well.)
*Implying that it is someone's full time job to work on this, even on Valentine's Day.*
*Implying that it is rude for the current maintainer of DT to not elaborate why he can't work on it as much as you'd like.*
*Implying that the current maintainer does not know how many players are reliant on DT to play.*
*Implying that you can make demands of someone who volunteers their free time to do this, for you, without compensation.*

Suck it up, another week or two won't kill you.

I totally agree with you Zangi, just want to add few points:

*The current "main" developer of DT is surely aware of how valued and needed this is. Heck, I think he even took the responsibility from chmod to keep the project alive in the first place!

* As long as you don't pay you have no right to demand the manager of community project to explain his/her schedule, even if it means less time spent updating the project. And even if you paid I see no right to do so, not all of us can change their schedules (work, study, relations) in a few moments of notice just because Toady suddenly released new version of DF.

* There is already a way the rest of the community can support and help in the update process. Instead of whining and demanding you could take part in the offsets finding.

Now, I admit of being dependent on Therapist before. But guess what? I'm currently playing the new version without the tool. Sure it was pain at first, but after I got the method of using excel spreadsheet it hasn't been too difficult. Perhaps not as quick as using DT but in some cases even more effective. For example, the name search is somewhat buggy in DT. Using excel, no problems. And now that I have to manually check all the skills inside the game I notice potential soldiers and nobles more easily. When I used DT I usually just skipped the military and social tabs.

I do anxiously wait for the updated offsets but I think nobody should rush with the work. So keep up with the good work folks!
Room Values - !!SCIENCE!!

Quote from: zanchito
You know, they could teach maths like this at school. "There are 105 dwarves in a settlement. A goblin invasion appears and 67 die. Then a migrant wave..."

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: February 15, 2012, 12:11:15 pm »

Needs a non-paypal method of donation.  Paypal hates my credit cards for some reason.  :(
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

SquidgyB

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: February 15, 2012, 12:18:08 pm »

That's a pretty disgusting attitude to something that is given for free to the community, and takes a serious amount of time and effort to bring around. I hope you feel ashamed now that every second post after yours is pretty much condemning your attitude.

Remembering some of the reasons that Chmod decided to hand over the reins of Therapist - thank you DwarfEngineer for all your hard work.

Myr0ku

• Bay Watcher
  • D for Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: February 15, 2012, 12:18:51 pm »

Or your credit card hates paypal for the 8% preleved every transaction...

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: February 15, 2012, 12:20:48 pm »

That's a pretty disgusting attitude to something that is given for free to the community, and takes a serious amount of time and effort to bring around. I hope you feel ashamed now that every second post after yours is pretty much condemning your attitude.

Remembering some of the reasons that Chmod decided to hand over the reins of Therapist - thank you DwarfEngineer for all your hard work.

Mind if I jump on the condemnation train?

Thanks a bunch, DwarfEngineer, for all of your efforts.

Molay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: February 15, 2012, 12:32:50 pm »

Its not his job, nor his responsibility to provide you with a free thing that helps you. He does it out of the goodness of his heart, and you should be grateful instead of whining like a child who didn't get everything they wanted on Christmas.

This. Thanks for pointing that out, so I don't have to bother with this disgraceful attitude.
The best alternative to having a functional steel industry is to have a really, really, really good hospital. And a lot of coffins.

kudakeru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: February 15, 2012, 12:44:50 pm »

For the OS X users:

If you right-click the app and click "Show Package Contents", you can click through to Contents\Resources\etc.  The ini files for the offsets live there.  Unfortunately I'm in the middle of a sprint at work, so I probably won't have time to test offsets on the OS X side until after work tonight.

vemiermark4

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: February 15, 2012, 12:50:33 pm »

So.... I'd like to help with finding these offsets and whatnot, but where does one even begin? I'd like to be of some use, but I think my lack of C++ knowledge might edge me out of that ability. Any chance of a step-by-step?

sergisaf

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: February 15, 2012, 12:56:36 pm »

Luckly I have been able to run it with the basic (and thankfully the most useful) functionalities such as add/remove professions and list the dwarves.

But somehow from time to time it freezes during the Loading Dwarfs state (about 6%, 9% and at first at 33%). I don't know what could cause that, but it's annoying.

Anyhow, all of my thanks and support to DwarfEngineer!

Myr0ku

• Bay Watcher
  • D for Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: February 15, 2012, 12:58:10 pm »

Luckly I have been able to run it with the basic (and thankfully the most useful) functionalities such as add/remove professions and list the dwarves.

But somehow from time to time it freezes during the Loading Dwarfs state (about 6%, 9% and at first at 33%). I don't know what could cause that, but it's annoying.

What do you mean ?
You're testing last version of DT ?

schismatise

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: February 15, 2012, 01:06:44 pm »

Guys i think the horse is dead ;)

Back on topic though,

Code: [Select]
[info]
checksum=0x4f391a33
version_name=v0.34.01 (graphics)

[addresses]
translation_vector=0x017e3638
language_vector=0x017e3618
creature_vector=0x0179f728
dwarf_race_index=0x015cbe9c
squad_vector=0x0

[offsets]
word_table=0x0000003c
string_buffer_offset=0x0000

[word_offsets]
base=0x0000
noun_singular=0x001C
noun_plural=0x0038
adjective=0x0054
verb=0x008C
present_simple_verb=0x00A8
past_simple_verb=0x00C4
past_participle_verb=0x00E0
present_participle_verb=0x00FC

[dwarf_offsets]
first_name=0x0000
nick_name=0x001C
last_name=0x0038
custom_profession=0x006C
profession=0x0088
race=0x008C
flags1=0x00E0
flags2=0x00E4
sex=0x00F8
id=0x00FC
recheck_equipment=0x01BC
birth_year=0x0224
current_job=0x030C
physical_attrs=0x3DC
states=0x0644
souls=0x0768
likes=0x07A0
labors=0x078C
happiness=0x082C
squad_ref_id=0x790

[soul_details]
skills=0x01F0
traits=0x0214

[job_details]
id=0x0008
on_break_flag=0x0011
sub_job_id=0x0040

[squad_offsets]
id=0x0000
name=0x003C
members=0x0088

[position_offsets]
token=0x0000
flags=0x0020
general_name_singular=0x00E8
general_name_plural=0x0104
male_name_singular=0x0158
male_name_plural=0x0174
female_name_singluar=0x0120
female_name_plural=0x013C
custom_color_red=0x0382
custom_color_green=0x0380

[valid_flags_1]
size=1
1\name=Not from around these parts
1\value=0x80000000

[valid_flags_2]
size=1
1\name=Dead. Deceased. An Undwarf!
1\value=0x02000000

[invalid_flags_1]
size=7
1\name=a zombie
1\value=0x00001000
2\name=a skeleton
2\value=0x00002000
3\name=a merchant or diplomat
3\value=0x00000040
4\name=outpost liason
4\value=0x00000800
5\name=an invader or hostile
5\value=0x00020000
6\name=an invader or hostile
6\value=0x00080000
7\name=an invader or hostile
7\value=0x000C0000

[invalid_flags_2]
size=2
1\name="dead, Jim."
1\value=0x00000080
2\name=from the Underworld. SPOOKY!
2\value=0x00040000

Excellent work my friend, sounds like it's actually not that far off usable.

What do you mean ?
You're testing last version of DT ?

I assume he's using exactly what i just quoted above (or he's done something similar himself) - i suggest you check stevedore's recent posts.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 01:08:35 pm by schismatise »
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 192