Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 192

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.6.12 5/23/12 see first post)  (Read 864256 times)

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.6.10 3/15/11 see first post)
« Reply #870 on: February 15, 2012, 09:49:35 am »

I'm here.  Nothing but appreciative.  Willing to be as patient as needed.  I have a family to support and tons of crap going on in my life, too.  I don't do anything nearly this cool that thousands of people enjoy completely for free.  So thanks DwarfEngineer.  Most of us understand your generosity.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

DeadlyDodo

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: February 15, 2012, 09:54:39 am »

Are there donation for DT (and possibly other DF projects)?

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: February 15, 2012, 09:56:17 am »

yes. (I did once; don't know where money ended but the intent was there :P )

DwarfEngineer

• Bay Watcher
  • Grumble Grumble...
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: February 15, 2012, 09:57:17 am »

Are there donation for DT (and possibly other DF projects)?
I was thinking of putting up a tip jar with the intention of funding a mac mini to start adding OSX support. I won't do it until after the first release for DF2012 however.

Edit:
I think the original author might still have a donate button up somewhere as well - so if you've seen a donate button for DT up to this point, that money doesn't go to me :)
Current Dwarf Therapist Maintainer - Tips

RaidSoft

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: February 15, 2012, 10:02:17 am »

Yes please ignore people like that, DwarfEngineer, it's unfortunate but there will always be people like that but remember for each of those you have thousands of people that truly appreciate your work and are in the background calmly and patiently waiting/hoping for it to get released. Obviously it's unreasonable to want you to drop everything and just get it done right away but some people can't see that and thus you get people like that, they just can't realize that it's another person on the other side of the text that has their own life to live...

It's funny and sad because those kinds of people go "omg get this done already!" but they won't lift a finger them self to help out...

DeadlyDodo

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: February 15, 2012, 10:04:26 am »

There's a donate button on the google code site for DT.

I'd contribute to a tip-jar (or tip.jar) just to show appreciation (I don't have any fruit, too much vit-c).

Starhero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: February 15, 2012, 10:05:49 am »

I don't think OP realizes that THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE ARE RELYING ON HIM TO HURRY THE HECK UP to allow them to play this.

"I don't have much time" without stating a reason is just rude. Adventure mode is still too dull for me and Dwarf Mode is virtually unplayable without this mods help. :|

Go back to minecraft, they seem to respond better to demands. If this has worked will for you before to get something out of someone, where the hell do you live and who the fuck do you think you are?

Back on topic: I appreciate all that are working on this, nothing but kind inspiration coming from me. Anyone that posts like him should just be ignored, DE you have more patient and considerate followers then assholes backing you up. Take your time! I believe I speak for everyone that isn't demanding that we patiently await your update, even if it was a month away.
Dwarf Fortress, a great game with an even better community!

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: February 15, 2012, 10:18:18 am »

I don't think OP realizes that THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE ARE RELYING ON HIM TO HURRY THE HECK UP to allow them to play this.

"I don't have much time" without stating a reason is just rude. Adventure mode is still too dull for me and Dwarf Mode is virtually unplayable without this mods help. :|
*Implying that OP is still working on this.* (Heck, thought this was the really old thread...  oh well.)
*Implying that it is someone's full time job to work on this, even on Valentine's Day.*
*Implying that it is rude for the current maintainer of DT to not elaborate why he can't work on it as much as you'd like.*
*Implying that the current maintainer does not know how many players are reliant on DT to play.*
*Implying that you can make demands of someone who volunteers their free time to do this, for you, without compensation.*

Suck it up, another week or two won't kill you.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 10:26:53 am by Zangi »
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: February 15, 2012, 10:20:47 am »

lol at people who have become dependent on dwarf therapist to play dwarf mode and who rant about that fact.

Useful ? Very. Time-saving ? Yup. Necessary to play dwarf mode ? Hardly.

I will wait for it, and I won't hurry OP about making it, that is all.

Also, this is a stupid flamewar.

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok Cultist - Calligrapher
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: February 15, 2012, 10:22:07 am »

Go back to minecraft, they seem to respond better to demands. If this has worked will for you before to get something out of someone, where the hell do you live and who the fuck do you think you are?

Back on topic: I appreciate all that are working on this, nothing but kind inspiration coming from me. Anyone that posts like him should just be ignored, DE you have more patient and considerate followers then assholes backing you up. Take your time! I believe I speak for everyone that isn't demanding that we patiently await your update, even if it was a month away.
No shit.
Minecraft was originally going to be a Survival Game. Now its Lego with Monsters.

Keep up the Good Work, DwarfEngineer!
Your Work is Important, but perhaps more pertinently, much appreciated. And Im sure I can say that not only for Myself, but for plenty of folks :)
I Like To Think Of Myself As An Artist - I Create Masterpieces With My Tools Of Trade.

Myr0ku

• Bay Watcher
  • D for Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: February 15, 2012, 10:42:43 am »

No shit.
Minecraft was originally going to be a Survival Game. Now its Lego with Monsters.

Your Work is Important, but perhaps more pertinently, much appreciated. And Im sure I can say that not only for Myself, but for plenty of folks :)
Minecraft is just a distilled version of DF.

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok Cultist - Calligrapher
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: February 15, 2012, 10:47:16 am »

No shit.

Minecraft is just a distilled version of DF.
Why, because You can Dig?
Is Red Faction akin to DF as well?

Minecraft was originally heading in that direction. It abruptly changed direction.
I Like To Think Of Myself As An Artist - I Create Masterpieces With My Tools Of Trade.

Thar

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: February 15, 2012, 11:42:28 am »

Too bad, I can not play without Therapist. Every time new migrants come I feel like killing myself. The DF interface is to take up arms xD

Good thing we have champions like Dwarfengineer who fight for us. What would we do without it?

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: February 15, 2012, 11:44:21 am »

think of it's as a challenge! instead of a totalitarian fort where the overseer controls every labourer, its super happy self determination libertarian time!

Thar

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: February 15, 2012, 11:50:14 am »

Yeah you're right. The truth is that it gives more realism. Perhaps we have become accustomed to the Therapist.
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 192