Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 153 154 [155] 156 157 ... 192

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.6.12 5/23/12 see first post)  (Read 863894 times)

Tierre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.6.12 5/23/12 see first post)
« Reply #2310 on: June 22, 2012, 05:50:18 am »

Thanks Splinterz:) Actually funny thing - this is a Jdwarf bug:) It should heal, but can resurrect ercently deceased too (author didn't intended that to be i think). Masterwork mod has interactions on resurrecting dwarfes - will DT see those too? I think it is really interesting to see how DT reacts to resurrection by any means, not only Jdwarf:) But that's really not urgent;)

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #2311 on: June 22, 2012, 06:01:30 am »

Thanks Splinterz:) Actually funny thing - this is a Jdwarf bug:) It should heal, but can resurrect ercently deceased too (author didn't intended that to be i think). Masterwork mod has interactions on resurrecting dwarfes - will DT see those too? I think it is really interesting to see how DT reacts to resurrection by any means, not only Jdwarf:) But that's really not urgent;)

yeah i took a quick look and he's setting the dead flag, but DT also checks a killed flag which may cause it them to not show. you can test whether or not it's this specific flag by editing the layout file for the version you're running in the memory layout folder, and changing the [invalid_flags_2] section to this:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Edit: actually Tierre, it would be easier just to edit JDwarf.lua and add this line:
unit.flags2.killed=false
after
unit.flags1.dead=false
« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 09:38:20 am by splinterz »

Tierre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2312 on: June 22, 2012, 07:14:48 am »

I will try that at home in another 5 hours or so (they don't really like me playing at work heh). Thanks a lot in advance.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2313 on: June 22, 2012, 07:51:26 am »

@thistleknot: i'm unable to reproduce this with or without filter scripts running. are you sure this isn't related to the extra stuff you've in?

Aww damn, no I'm not.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2314 on: June 22, 2012, 08:46:17 am »

I have a nice feature request.

A number next to a labor to show how many of that labor is assigned (in the current view grid).

It's actually so when I find I need to unassign some labors', I can start from the highest count first.

Xen0n

• Bay Watcher
  • Took joy in ‼SCIENCE‼ lately.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2315 on: June 22, 2012, 09:46:12 am »

@Argelle: thanks for the report, i'll have a fix up for the squad assignment asap

@Xen0n: i don't currently have a fort with a monarch to test with, so if you wouldn't mind uploading your save i'll get to the bottom of the highlighting issue. otherwise it might be a while  ;)

Here's the save, using the latest version of Splinterz DT.  I have a few Mods installed (Modest Mod, Higher Learning, Seasonal Crops) and one or two tweaks (I want me some war wolves).

I also noticed that same, "page goes blank" when assigning dwarves to squads, but like Intrinsic says, doing another Read or switching tabs refreshes the page.

Thanks again!

Bifidus

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2316 on: June 22, 2012, 01:06:16 pm »

Glad to see there's a place to report bugs for splinterz version of DT (i should have searched here first ^^) - but use of the google code site web feature to track bugs would be better, imo.

So, here is my problem : the last version of splinterz DT do not sort columns, most of the time. It's a new problem, previous version was ok. I use no other mod, i play under windows (any chance to have a linux version of DT - for ubuntu users, the kind who absolutely don't understand anything to things like "compile" "make" and other nighmares... ?).

Good luck !

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #2317 on: June 22, 2012, 02:34:46 pm »

Glad to see there's a place to report bugs for splinterz version of DT (i should have searched here first ^^) - but use of the google code site web feature to track bugs would be better, imo.

So, here is my problem : the last version of splinterz DT do not sort columns, most of the time. It's a new problem, previous version was ok. I use no other mod, i play under windows (any chance to have a linux version of DT - for ubuntu users, the kind who absolutely don't understand anything to things like "compile" "make" and other nighmares... ?).

Good luck !

as far as i'm aware google code doesn't support issue tracking on project clones, hence the lack of issue tracking. can you elaborate more on exactly how to reproduce the problem? what columns (labor, skills, roles, all?) is this happening on windows an ubuntu?

Bifidus

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2318 on: June 22, 2012, 03:27:56 pm »

I can use it on Ubuntu ?  :o
Without Wine ? How ?

And i just discover my problem isn't really one... when a job is inactivate, DT seem to prefer sorting by attribute than by level of the job. It's not a bug, it's a feature ? ;) It could make sense but... can we have that behaviour as an option ?

Thank you again for the good job (having theses "Dwarven Guidance Counselor" features again are so cool, and far better directly in DT).

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #2319 on: June 22, 2012, 03:37:06 pm »

I can use it on Ubuntu ?  :o
Without Wine ? How ?

And i just discover my problem isn't really one... when a job is inactivate, DT seem to prefer sorting by attribute than by level of the job. It's not a bug, it's a feature ? ;) It could make sense but... can we have that behaviour as an option ?

Thank you again for the good job (having theses "Dwarven Guidance Counselor" features again are so cool, and far better directly in DT).

there are some instructions here that should work. i think i know what you mean about the sorting. it will sort labor columns by 'labor enabled' and then by role rating. skill columns are sorted by 'has any experience at all' and then by role rating. you can turn off both these features under options->roles.

thanks for the kind words :)

khearn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2320 on: June 22, 2012, 03:38:24 pm »

Bifidus: Ok, I wave my magic wand and it's now an option! In fact, my magic is so powerful, you don't even need to download a new version! Just open the options screen, go to the Roles tab and uncheck "Show role information in labor columns" (or maybe "Show role information in skill columns", depending on what kind of column you're having the problem with). Voila! now the columns sort like they used to.

Don't thank me, just send some money to splinterz. :)

(darn, ninja'd by splinterz)
Have them killed. Nothing solves a problem quite as effectively as simply having it killed.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2321 on: June 22, 2012, 06:39:25 pm »

I know it's in the ini file, but can I have a checkbox that allows me to assign incompatible labors?  Such as mining, woodcutting, and ambushing?

I know the reason they are in place, but it's throwing me of from my optimal labor assignments with low populations.  At such low populations I'll accept the risk.

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #2322 on: June 23, 2012, 11:18:08 am »

v15 Released!

• all nobles (including lords/ladies) should be identified properly now
  • fixed the issue with the views going blank after assigning/removing from squads
  • added tooltips to labor column headers showing how many dwarves currently have the labor enabled
  • added an additional option to show the enabled labor count on the column header text (ie. 5 Mining, 17 Woodcutting..)
  • added an option to ignore exclusive labors
  • adjusted stuffs on the dwarf details pane gui
  • updated/added a few icons
  • about dialog shows branch version

Project Home // Download

thanks again for all the feedback! it was a bit of a rush (but i really wanted to fix that cursed squad issue) so please let me know if i broke anything else in the process! :D

Xen0n

• Bay Watcher
  • Took joy in ‼SCIENCE‼ lately.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2323 on: June 23, 2012, 12:09:52 pm »

Thanks again!  Especially for:

• added tooltips to labor column headers showing how many dwarves currently have the labor enabled
  • added an additional option to show the enabled labor count on the column header text (ie. 5 Mining, 17 Woodcutting..)

I'm always having to switch back to the "Nothing" sort list to find out how many leatherworkers I currently have etc., this will help a lot!

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #2324 on: June 23, 2012, 12:13:17 pm »

Thanks again!  Especially for:

I'm always having to switch back to the "Nothing" sort list to find out how many leatherworkers I currently have etc., this will help a lot!

yeah i know what you mean :)  by the way, thanks for that save (bonus points for the alliteration) it helped out a ton with the noble stuff and adjusting the details pane for those dwarves with massive nicknames
Pages: 1 ... 153 154 [155] 156 157 ... 192