Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 192

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.6.12 5/23/12 see first post)  (Read 863750 times)

robertheinrich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.6.12 2/28/12 see first post)
« Reply #1230 on: February 29, 2012, 08:48:46 am »

Still looking for a fortress 34.03 or 34.04 with confirmed vampires.

I have a 34.04 with a female vampire for you. Well, not 100% confirmed but she shows the "usual" signs. Extremely long history, 16 kids, shows up with different name in DwarfTherapist, havenīt seen her eat or drink. I made her my bookkeeper and locked her away at z level 109 before it came to any incidents.

Itīs a savegame with a world created with 34.02 which I moved to 34.04 so Iīm not sure if it will help you. Itīs the Windows version of 34.04 including DFHack and the Pheobus gfx pack. I uploaded the whole DF folder here: http://www.mediafire.com/?u46c4b3dud9o4ru

ag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.6.12 2/28/12 see first post)
« Reply #1231 on: February 29, 2012, 09:11:11 am »

Still looking for a fortress 34.03 or 34.04 with confirmed vampires.

Here is a fun one from a bug with a vampire ghost drinking blood :D
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=5623

It's from 34.02, but it's compatible.

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
Re: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.6.12 2/29/12 see first post)
« Reply #1232 on: February 29, 2012, 09:25:53 am »

i've fixed the attribute offsets in my branch and added the *.ini files for 34.03 and 34.04.

download
source

the current_year offset for 34.03 and 34.04 (i think?) is 0xfcc1f0

in regards to the current_year offset i've been trying to find a consistent way to locate it as well (i've been checking dfhack's xml symbols files), and i've found that it seems to always be offset a static length from the world address, specifically 0x7B9AF8 before the world address.

edit: i posted in the dfhack thread with an issue and asked about the cur_year they find:
on a side note, tell me your secret to finding the cur_year offset! :D
That one's actually quite easy: find the vtable for history_event_collectionst and check the 2nd-last method in it (the last one is the destructor) - it sets one field to the current year and another field to the current time.

« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 10:44:45 am by splinterz »

Jerg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: February 29, 2012, 02:23:16 pm »

i've fixed the attribute offsets in my branch and added the *.ini files for 34.03 and 34.04.

download
source

the current_year offset for 34.03 and 34.04 (i think?) is 0xfcc1f0

in regards to the current_year offset i've been trying to find a consistent way to locate it as well (i've been checking dfhack's xml symbols files), and i've found that it seems to always be offset a static length from the world address, specifically 0x7B9AF8 before the world address.

edit: i posted in the dfhack thread with an issue and asked about the cur_year they find:
on a side note, tell me your secret to finding the cur_year offset! :D
That one's actually quite easy: find the vtable for history_event_collectionst and check the 2nd-last method in it (the last one is the destructor) - it sets one field to the current year and another field to the current time.

:o
Awesome, been waiting for traits to return to DT for a while now. Hoping you and DwarfEngineer could work something out in the future and have this as part of the official build too!

crossmr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Jeonsa
« Reply #1234 on: February 29, 2012, 07:54:16 pm »

I just noticed, that all the stats in the new version are 888 rather than the specific stats they had before (I was using that combined version someone uploaded)

DwarfEngineer

• Bay Watcher
  • Grumble Grumble...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: February 29, 2012, 10:33:57 pm »

I just noticed, that all the stats in the new version are 888 rather than the specific stats they had before (I was using that combined version someone uploaded)
You'll have to download the updated ini files for your version of dwarf therapist then since the layouts are not currently supported in the official verison. I believe the new ini file was posted somewhere in this thread.
Current Dwarf Therapist Maintainer - Tips

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: March 01, 2012, 04:30:13 pm »

I'm using the 34.03 / 34.04 version in splinterz's post with 34.04, and while the actual numbers are being displayed correctly the descriptions and the numbers (or glyphs) in the main view are off. I'm getting a range of range of odd numbers from 1 to 13 and a dwarf with 1033 agility being described as clumsy. This happens with both a save copied from 34.03 and a fortress with a 34.04-generated world.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: March 01, 2012, 04:58:47 pm »

Did ya check that Savefile I posted with the Husks and such appearing as Citizens of the Fort despite not being part of the fort???
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #1238 on: March 01, 2012, 05:55:03 pm »

I'm using the 34.03 / 34.04 version in splinterz's post with 34.04, and while the actual numbers are being displayed correctly the descriptions and the numbers (or glyphs) in the main view are off. I'm getting a range of range of odd numbers from 1 to 13 and a dwarf with 1033 agility being described as clumsy. This happens with both a save copied from 34.03 and a fortress with a 34.04-generated world.

it would appear there's a gap in the ranges in some (all?) of the attributes. with agility, for example, it jumps from 401-650 to 1150-1399. 1033 falls right in that gap where there's no description. i just noticed there are similar gaps in some of the others so i'll have to add in another description there i guess. thanks for pointing it out. i used odd numbers rather than a sequence because i found it was too hard to see a difference graphically between the lower-mid levels.

Did ya check that Savefile I posted with the Husks and such appearing as Citizens of the Fort despite not being part of the fort???

i'm checking it now. i think i've got the flags sorted for things that are actually dead, or ghostly etc..

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: March 01, 2012, 07:01:06 pm »

Yeah, pretty much every attribute with a seven-number range doesn't have description text for the middle one. The strangest thing is that it's been working fine in DT up until this version.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #1240 on: March 01, 2012, 07:15:29 pm »

Yeah, pretty much every attribute with a seven-number range doesn't have description text for the middle one. The strangest thing is that it's been working fine in DT up until this version.
yes i removed the 'average' descriptions i had put in previously when i remapped the groupings for the attributes because they were misaligned slightly. i'll have them added back soon enough though with the proper ranges, huzzah!

i've briefly looked into this and unfortunately dwarf husk people don't seem to have any of the usual flags checked to not include them. we'll have to find another way to identify dwarves that aren't really dwarves. :-\  but the good news is all the strangeness with ghosts and vampire ghosts and people who appear to be able to see but have eye problems (don't ask) not appearing/appearing in dt seems to be working ok. anyway, sleeps for me.

DwarfEngineer

• Bay Watcher
  • Grumble Grumble...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: March 01, 2012, 11:38:27 pm »

Been focused on the OSX port. I can attach, read the checksum, and scan memory. However there is a random crash that I'm chasing down that's eating up a lot of time :(
Once I get further with the OSX version I'll continue on bugs for the windows version.
Current Dwarf Therapist Maintainer - Tips

telamon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: March 02, 2012, 12:46:40 am »

quick question: is there a way to identify vampirism in therapist? (ie with 100% certainty) to the best of my knowledge, there is not, but I'd like to be sure since I've got migrants wandering onto my map and it's time to get all dunking rooms and witch trials on this fortress.
Playing DF on Windows 98 since.... ?
At 55 frames per minute.

orius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: March 02, 2012, 01:03:08 am »

There's the fake name bit, vampires will come to your fort with a fake name, but Therapist displays the real name.  I caught a vampire last night this way.
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
That is an insane and dangerous plan.  I approve wholeheartedly. 

Fortressdeath

Jerg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: March 02, 2012, 04:05:53 am »

There's the fake name bit, vampires will come to your fort with a fake name, but Therapist displays the real name.  I caught a vampire last night this way.

That's arguably cheating though, defeats the whole purpose of vampires being able to have fake identities, and all the guesswork involved in identifying one.
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 192