Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 192

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.6.12 5/23/12 see first post)  (Read 863905 times)

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
Re: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.6.12 2/18/12 see first post)
« Reply #1155 on: February 22, 2012, 01:02:43 pm »

edit:
Looked at what you did just now and diffed the sources, mostly cosmetic differences.
- updated the default views to include all attributes on the military tab
I changed the view to show all six at first too, but man it clutters it up so that it's a lot harder to read, in my opinion, I changed it back in a hurry.  Endurance, healing, and disease resistance are best left in the details pane I think, from a readability and usability standpoint.

I just did a quick diff myself after you posted the new source file, the few differences are indeed cosmetic. The columns didn't bother me though, I've already got a billion of them on the labour tab so 3 more on the military tab didn't phase me. :P Ah well to each their own.

ruetisiv

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: February 22, 2012, 04:16:28 pm »

Hi everyone... I have trouble installing DT on linux, I run Ubuntu 64bits.
Here is what I did :
hg clone https://code.google.com/p/dwarftherapist/
It creates a dwarftherapist folder with the source, memory files..;
cd dwarftherapist
qmake
make (it compile without error)
create the v0.34.02.ini in his folder
cd bin/release
./DwarfTherapist to run it
It run and closes instantly, I can see the window for maybe half of a second
How to install it correctly ?
Thanks in advance.
There are instructions for building in linux here if you have not seen them already.
You did not install the .ini correctly for one thing.
First you need to copy the etc directory to bin/release and then put the v0.34.02.ini in bin/release/etc/memory_layouts/linux.
Also you need to make a directory "log" in bin/release or it will crash at startup if you want to read logs if something goes wrong.
You may need to run using
sudo ./DwarfTherapist
to get around a security feature (to prevent memory hacking) in Ubuntu as well.
It is working for me in Ubuntu 11.04 64bit, what version of Ubuntu are you using?

Thanks a lot, it works now ! Moving the etc/ folder did the trick.

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: February 22, 2012, 04:35:57 pm »

edit:
Looked at what you did just now and diffed the sources, mostly cosmetic differences.
- updated the default views to include all attributes on the military tab
I changed the view to show all six at first too, but man it clutters it up so that it's a lot harder to read, in my opinion, I changed it back in a hurry.  Endurance, healing, and disease resistance are best left in the details pane I think, from a readability and usability standpoint.

I just did a quick diff myself after you posted the new source file, the few differences are indeed cosmetic. The columns didn't bother me though, I've already got a billion of them on the labour tab so 3 more on the military tab didn't phase me. :P Ah well to each their own.
I like the columns better myself, it makes it easier to pick the strongest dwarfs and put them in the military without having to read the dwarf details for hundreds of dwarfs in a mature fortress.
Your version builds and runs fine on Ubuntu 11.04, now I just need the offsets for the new stuff.

I got the physical attributes for v0.34.02 Linux
Code: [Select]
strength=0x328
agility=0x344
toughness=0x360
endurance=0x37C
recuperation=0x398
disease_resistance=0x3B4

Thanks a lot, it works now ! Moving the etc/ folder did the trick.
Your welcome.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 05:31:51 pm by arclance »
I think that might be one of the most dwarfen contraptions I've ever seen the blueprints of.
The Bloodwinery v1.3.1 | Dwarven Lamination v1.5 | Tileset Resizer v2.5 - Mac Beta Tester Needed
Sigtext

DwarfEngineer

• Bay Watcher
  • Grumble Grumble...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: February 22, 2012, 08:55:19 pm »

Mac Mini is in. Trying to get it setup in headless mode so I can remote VNC instead of having it hooked up all the time. I'm out of town this weekend, but OSX support is a top priority.
Current Dwarf Therapist Maintainer - Tips

Pyriklos

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: February 22, 2012, 11:03:09 pm »

Hi everyone... I have trouble installing DT on linux, I run Ubuntu 64bits.
Here is what I did :
hg clone https://code.google.com/p/dwarftherapist/
It creates a dwarftherapist folder with the source, memory files..;
cd dwarftherapist
qmake
make (it compile without error)
create the v0.34.02.ini in his folder
cd bin/release
./DwarfTherapist to run it
It run and closes instantly, I can see the window for maybe half of a second
How to install it correctly ?
Thanks in advance.
There are instructions for building in linux here if you have not seen them already.
You did not install the .ini correctly for one thing.
First you need to copy the etc directory to bin/release and then put the v0.34.02.ini in bin/release/etc/memory_layouts/linux.
Also you need to make a directory "log" in bin/release or it will crash at startup if you want to read logs if something goes wrong.
You may need to run using
sudo ./DwarfTherapist
to get around a security feature (to prevent memory hacking) in Ubuntu as well.
It is working for me in Ubuntu 11.04 64bit, what version of Ubuntu are you using?

I just created a forum account to say how truly grateful I am for you advise. I've been trying to compile from source and make it work since the DF v0.34.02 came out with no luck. Yesterday gave up and went back to using notes. Now just by moving the "etc" to the right place it all works without a hitch. This was my first ever trying to compile anything from source too :)
Thank you so much!!!

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: February 23, 2012, 01:47:50 am »

Suggestion: Allow renaming multiple dwarves at once.  When I get a migrant wave, I find the useful ones, shuffle labor a little, and have a lot of haulers left over.  I name them all to "Blank" so I can easily find any Blank to fill a new job.  Trouble is running through each useless migrant and renaming them.  If I could select multiple dwarves and give them all a nickname at once, this would make things entirely easier, and honestly I'm not sure why this isn't allowed anyways.

schismatise

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: February 23, 2012, 02:09:49 am »

Suggestion: Allow renaming multiple dwarves at once.  When I get a migrant wave, I find the useful ones, shuffle labor a little, and have a lot of haulers left over.  I name them all to "Blank" so I can easily find any Blank to fill a new job.  Trouble is running through each useless migrant and renaming them.  If I could select multiple dwarves and give them all a nickname at once, this would make things entirely easier, and honestly I'm not sure why this isn't allowed anyways.

I'm not sure about nicknames, but you can click-and-drag to select multiple dwarves, and then right-click to assign a custom profession, which then shows up in game. I actually didn't know this until quite recently, heh. Makes assigning new migrant waves as haulers much easier.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: February 23, 2012, 02:23:56 am »

I know about that, but I usually work off nickname.  When you try to assign multiple dwarves a nickname, it says something like "Whoa there cowboy, slow down!  You can only do that one at a time!"

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: February 23, 2012, 02:34:20 am »

So anyone actual know how to fix the Therapist from trying to tell you you still have Dwarves to play with even though they are now Husks or such.
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Yaotzin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: February 23, 2012, 06:17:19 am »

If you manage to include all the dorf attributes and traits, AND something like the guidance counselor, that would be awesome. Or perhaps a menu of professions, which highlights the stats that matter for that job. Something like that.

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
  • Next account: Bulwersator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: February 23, 2012, 06:27:40 am »

Btw, when changing nicknames, it is necessary to update all three of the unit, soul, and the historical figure entry like the game does (plus of course the assumed identity now); otherwise it is inconsistent, and the most likely cause of the long known quirk of military members losing their DT nicknames from time to time.
Please, please fix this bug
The worst bug - 34.11 poll
Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: February 23, 2012, 06:47:21 am »

I can't get the new version to run, it gives me some "the application configuration is incorrect" error,
however Therapist 0.6.9 with the new memory layout added seems to work OK, I'll see if it's buggy.
Edit: Firstly the Migration wave order is off, but not a bug deal really., my starting 7 seem to be wave 6.
Edit: CHildren show up as Pressers, so i'll have no problem sorting my dwarves, i'll just leave it on sort by profession and look at the pressers closer, when they arrive their labours are all off anyway.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 07:53:39 am by MarcAFK »
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #1167 on: February 23, 2012, 07:51:13 am »

I know about that, but I usually work off nickname.  When you try to assign multiple dwarves a nickname, it says something like "Whoa there cowboy, slow down!  You can only do that one at a time!"

It seems like this should be possible. I did a quick hack this morning to allow it to loop through and set the specified nickname to all selected dwarves and I haven't noticed any issues with it yet. I didn't see any comments in the code as to why it was only allowing one at a time. Give it a try if you'd like.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1168 on: February 23, 2012, 09:50:18 am »

Hi,

Genesis used a patch that detects the caste system, by adding another sorting option, which uses the castes. It was really easy to use and mod, and I made my own version for my mod. Of course it does not work with the new Therapist, so I wanted to ask if anyone knows how to do this ?

I had a file called caste_default.txt in DwarfTherapist/etc folder.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: February 23, 2012, 10:49:03 am »

How do I view dwarf details in the merged version? It displays the 1-7 number in the attributes column, but I can't access a dwarf's exact stats. I've tried right-clicking on the dwarf's name and selecting Show Details, and I've tried double-clicking the dwarf's name.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 192