Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 192

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.6.12 5/23/12 see first post)  (Read 863936 times)

ChudDwarf

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.6.12 2/18/12 see first post)
« Reply #1110 on: February 18, 2012, 10:03:47 pm »

Dwarf therapist shows all dwarves in the migration wave before they show up on the map.

It's not just that, though; it stays out of sync well beyond the period of time just before and after a wave arrives. And currently, Dwarf Therapist is missing one; DF claims 52 dwarves (in both z-menu summary and unit list), and DT lists only 51. (I do have it set to show children abd babies, so those aren' the missing ones.)

Ripolix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: February 19, 2012, 12:25:46 am »

Dwarf therapist shows all dwarves in the migration wave before they show up on the map.

It's not just that, though; it stays out of sync well beyond the period of time just before and after a wave arrives. And currently, Dwarf Therapist is missing one; DF claims 52 dwarves (in both z-menu summary and unit list), and DT lists only 51. (I do have it set to show children abd babies, so those aren' the missing ones.)

I believe that DT doesn't show vampires. You probably have one.

Intrinsic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: February 19, 2012, 02:13:34 am »

Just a FYI with DF 31.25 and DT 0.6.12 i can give babies and children jobs ;p plus waves are not working anymore. With 6.10 they worked fairly well, except for babies also counted as a wave, now i have 53 waves in the latest version. Maybe provide a separate link just for 31.25?
Start Duelyst with a bonus 100gold, use referral code: Buttfungus
Enter during signup or ingame under Settings.

orius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: February 19, 2012, 03:13:28 am »

Cool, it looks like it's working.  Now that I've managed to get a skeleton version of the LNP up and running with DT and SoundSense with the latest version, it's time to dig into Dwarf mode.

DT even found the custom settings I'd set back in 31.25.  Don' know how that happened, but I don't care, I won't have to do all that stuff over.
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
That is an insane and dangerous plan.  I approve wholeheartedly. 

Fortressdeath

Darmarius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: February 19, 2012, 09:59:39 am »

@Intrinsic:
How DT handles migration wave changed in the most recent version; there's a new turn_count offset in the memory layout. My guess is that the 0.31.25.ini file wasn't updated with the turn_count offset. I don't have the time right now to check for it, so maybe somebody else can.

Also, for the child issue: the game_data.ini file changed. This file maps numerical id to actual jobs description and this is how DT knows what id is a child and not to assign job to him. This mapping changed in the most recent version of DF so DT had to update it; it's no longer valid for earlier version of DF.

My opinion is to stick with the 0.6.10 version for 0.31.25 for now, maybe DE can add more compatibility in the future. However, I'd consider DT 0.6.11 and up only compatible with 0.34.xx and perhaps even making the current DT version as 0.7.

Intrinsic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: February 19, 2012, 11:11:03 am »

Oh yeah i wasn't wanting 0.6.11+ made to be compatible with 31.25, just asking to include a link to 0.6.10 and specify to use it with 31.25.
Start Duelyst with a bonus 100gold, use referral code: Buttfungus
Enter during signup or ingame under Settings.

Dienes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: February 19, 2012, 12:02:23 pm »

Many thanks for getting this updated quickly. I can't stand to play a large for with just the default ui for managing dwarves.

Zantan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: February 19, 2012, 01:07:14 pm »

DT is refusing to refusing to edit the labors of one of my dwarves.  His name and another's are both bolded in DT, but I can edit the other bolded dwarf's labors.

ag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: February 19, 2012, 01:15:23 pm »

Regarding vampire nicknames, I've found where their false identities are kept. Here is a commit that adds it among other things to dfhack xmls. The cur_identity field pointed to by the link definitely determines which identity is used for the unit (confirmed by changing it). Unfortunately, it is buried deep inside the historical figure structure, which up to now has never been accessed by DT.

https://github.com/angavrilov/df-structures/commit/52f3ececbcb5d520563edc11f0a23241427a6e8d#L1R158

Btw, when changing nicknames, it is necessary to update all three of the unit, soul, and the historical figure entry like the game does (plus of course the assumed identity now); otherwise it is inconsistent, and the most likely cause of the long known quirk of military members losing their DT nicknames from time to time.

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #1119 on: February 19, 2012, 01:32:04 pm »

Btw, feel free to join us on IRC: #dfhack on freenode. There's also the #dwarftherapist channel that has some idling people in it.

oldmansutton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: February 19, 2012, 09:26:19 pm »

...you should have a linux dt that has the unofficial support for linux DF 0.34.02.

Kionmaru, you are amazing!  I got most of this myself, then came here hoping someone else would have figured out the rest.  Thank you for your work, you saved me a few more hours of struggle!  ^_^
I suggest using kilokittens. As cats are 10X the volume of kittens. That way, 50 cats would be .5 kilokittens.

100 cats would be 1 kilokitten.

chrisadams3997

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: February 19, 2012, 11:32:39 pm »

Hi all, kinda new here.  I've done a lot of C++ code modding Civ4, in particular working on the DuneWars mod, so I've done some compiling before, but I'm not having any luck with the DT source code right now.  I've cloned the repository to my computer using Hg and loaded the dwarftherapist.pro file in Qt (which this is my first time using, I've always worked in visual studios before), but upon trying to compile it (with no changes made) I get the following errors:

Is there something in Qt I'm missing or maybe an operating system issue (I'm running 64-bit windows 7 home premium)?  Just grasping at straws right now.  I'm wanting to get it compiling however to try to merge in the work shishimar did displaying physical attributes.  I've already tracked down the offsets for the physical attributes*:

Code: [Select]
physical_attrs=0x3E4
strength=0x3E4
toughness=0x41C
endurance=0x438
agility=0x400
recuperation=0x454
disease_resistance=0x470

...So the rest should be a pretty straight forward merge.  Personally I'd love to see this worked into the official version, it's so incredibly useful when picking out dwarves for the military.

*the official DT version only has the 'physical_attrs' tag, the others are only in the Shishimar version.  Changing the 'physical_attrs' to the correct value in 6.12 didn't have any effect when enabling the three physical attributes available for a grid view to show, they all just show '-1', so I'm assuming that they are disabled in the code as of now.

Kami

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: February 20, 2012, 03:52:26 am »

@ DwarfEngineer: Thx for the new version!
Btw, I've seen how you solved the migration wave problem. Simple and effective. ;-)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: February 20, 2012, 05:32:06 am »

Btw, I've seen how you solved the migration wave problem. Simple and effective. ;-)

Magma?

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

DwarfEngineer

• Bay Watcher
  • Grumble Grumble...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: February 20, 2012, 09:08:24 am »

Hi everybody. Just dropping in to post an update on the Mac situation - Thanks to everyones support I was able to order the Mac Mini this morning, and thanks to Amazon Prime it should arrive on Wed. My goal is to get OS X support going, as well as using this machine to host dedicated a dedicated VM for Ubuntu. I would like to get back to doing linux releases at roughly the same time as windows & OSX once everything starts to stabilize again.

As far as new features go, I'm starting the process of triaging and prioritizing requests, as long as there are no major issues with DT, I'll plan on a new release in the next month or so that will hopefully be adding OSX support, fixing linux support, and adding a few features. I'm aware that 0.6.12 is not backward compatible with 31.2x - I probably should have bumped the major version, I'll do that with the next release. game_data.ini has all of the profession & skill values - I would like to adjust it so that it isn't quite so version specific (or at least there can be multiple versions).

Hi all, kinda new here.  I've done a lot of C++ code modding Civ4, in particular working on the DuneWars mod, so I've done some compiling before, but I'm not having any luck with the DT source code right now.  I've cloned the repository to my computer using Hg and loaded the dwarftherapist.pro file in Qt (which this is my first time using, I've always worked in visual studios before), but upon trying to compile it (with no changes made) I get the following errors:

Is there something in Qt I'm missing or maybe an operating system issue (I'm running 64-bit windows 7 home premium)?  Just grasping at straws right now.  I'm wanting to get it compiling however to try to merge in the work shishimar did displaying physical attributes.  I've already tracked down the offsets for the physical attributes*:

Code: [Select]
physical_attrs=0x3E4
strength=0x3E4
toughness=0x41C
endurance=0x438
agility=0x400
recuperation=0x454
disease_resistance=0x470

...So the rest should be a pretty straight forward merge.  Personally I'd love to see this worked into the official version, it's so incredibly useful when picking out dwarves for the military.

*the official DT version only has the 'physical_attrs' tag, the others are only in the Shishimar version.  Changing the 'physical_attrs' to the correct value in 6.12 didn't have any effect when enabling the three physical attributes available for a grid view to show, they all just show '-1', so I'm assuming that they are disabled in the code as of now.
I'll take a look at the Shishimar version and see how difficult it will be to merge. As for building, there are issues with Qt 4.8.0 that I didn't want to get into right at the moment, so I would recommend installing the 4.7.4 version of Qt (Direct Link) for now. You'll have to go into the project settings and switch the platform to Qt 4.7.4 (PM me if you have issues with this - it can be tricky to find)

Thanks, I do wish that I had arrived at this approach earlier, I spent way too long looking for history entries that probably weren't there (I now think that DF is just using the "turn count" for each dwarf to generate the "She arrived at Blarglefast on 21st Malachite, 251" statements)

Again, thanks everyone for the support. More updates to follow.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 10:49:54 am by DwarfEngineer »
Current Dwarf Therapist Maintainer - Tips
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 192