Poll

Internment

Intern the Italians
- 8 (53.3%)
Leave the Italians free
- 7 (46.7%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: Let's play Hearts of Iron Doomsday; Update Twelve  (Read 14885 times)

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
Re: Let's play Hearts of Iron Doomsday; Update Ten
« Reply #90 on: October 22, 2010, 09:37:01 pm »

Why are you using Gamelin to research a tech?  Even if he has every specialty for the tech, he'll still be slower then a level 3 tech team with no specialties.

Also, strategic redeployment is useful for avoiding year long marches of death through high attrition deserts.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Yaddy1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 22, 2010, 09:55:05 pm »

Why are you using Gamelin to research a tech?  Even if he has every specialty for the tech, he'll still be slower then a level 3 tech team with no specialties.

Also, strategic redeployment is useful for avoiding year long marches of death through high attrition deserts.

He's 27 cents. How could I resist? Also I don't think I can strategically redeploy as it's actually a Gabonese army. I just have control over it. Also soon we'll have Motorized Divisions. Yay!

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 23, 2010, 12:06:00 am »

Just how many "Update Nine"s are there? Two, I've seen.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Yaddy1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 23, 2010, 08:08:39 am »

Just how many "Update Nine"s are there? Two, I've seen.

Oops...why did I write nine? Fixed update numbering.

Yaddy1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 23, 2010, 11:38:11 am »

Election Times! Left, Right or Keep Same Government? I actually hate keep same government so not that one. C'mon...if no one speaks up soon I'm just gonna pick one myself...
« Last Edit: October 23, 2010, 12:00:32 pm by Yaddy1 »

Eugenitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Let's play Hearts of Iron Doomsday; Update Ten; First post gets election
« Reply #95 on: October 23, 2010, 12:07:13 pm »

Go all the way to the political left. Turn France communist and formally ally with the Soviet Union, preventing Hitler from making a non-aggression pact with them. Also see what you can do about allying with Belgium and keeping a large army at the Belgian/German border. Squeeze Hitler like a zit.

Yaddy1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 23, 2010, 12:12:43 pm »

Go all the way to the political left. Turn France communist and formally ally with the Soviet Union, preventing Hitler from making a non-aggression pact with them. Also see what you can do about allying with Belgium and keeping a large army at the Belgian/German border. Squeeze Hitler like a zit.

Don't know about allying with the Soviets but Political Left it is. Also allying with Belgium is impossible because of their Isolationism. It'll only be possible once war is declared with Germany and then it'll be too late. However I will put up a poll for the Soviet thing next update.

Eugenitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 23, 2010, 12:32:48 pm »

Well, then, fortify the Belgian border. I suspect that the Germans might try to come in that way. Just a hunch.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 23, 2010, 01:38:04 pm »

An alliance with the soviets is a no go.  They are already part of a major alliance (commitern) and they are max authoritarian, meaning they won't want to make an alliance with you.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"

Yaddy1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 23, 2010, 02:54:42 pm »

An alliance with the soviets is a no go.  They are already part of a major alliance (commitern) and they are max authoritarian, meaning they won't want to make an alliance with you.

I think he meant join the comintern. However I agree that that would go quite badly as they are geographically far away and unable to help us in case of war. I'm currently working towards an alliance with Turkey.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 23, 2010, 03:15:53 pm »

It's not about having an ally to fight against the USSR, it is to prevent the USSR from selling Europe out via the Moltov Pact. If we have this alliance, Germany would be unable to acquire Poland and could become distracted with an early "Eastern Front" war.

An alliance with Turkey is nice, but an alliance with the USSR is vital for hemming in Germany, and quite potentially, stopping WW2 from even occuring in the first place.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 23, 2010, 09:40:11 pm »

I didn't see the election.  Vote liberally for the left wing candidate!
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

Yaddy1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 24, 2010, 07:51:27 pm »

It's not about having an ally to fight against the USSR, it is to prevent the USSR from selling Europe out via the Moltov Pact. If we have this alliance, Germany would be unable to acquire Poland and could become distracted with an early "Eastern Front" war.

An alliance with Turkey is nice, but an alliance with the USSR is vital for hemming in Germany, and quite potentially, stopping WW2 from even occuring in the first place.

We can't ally with the Soviets without leaving our alliance with Republican Spain. And even then it'd be hard.

I didn't see the election.  Vote liberally for the left wing candidate!

I've already picked left wing. Imma gonna go change the title now.

« Last Edit: October 28, 2010, 08:51:03 am by Yaddy1 »

Yaddy1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Let's play Hearts of Iron Doomsday; Update Eleven
« Reply #103 on: October 28, 2010, 09:46:53 am »

Update Eleven; Just another update

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It crashed a lot so their may be inconsistencies between screenshots. Also the internment vote is merely for flavor. 

Eugenitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Let's play Hearts of Iron Doomsday; Update Eleven
« Reply #104 on: October 29, 2010, 02:32:12 am »

I've downloaded, played twice, and since uninstalled this. Let me spoil the ending for you.

Germany is going to come across the Belgian border in mid-1940 with more divisions than you could possibly have, higher tech than you could possibly research, and better commanders than you can possibly get, after a year-long bombing campaign in 1939. Hope you like having a capital in Algeria.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8