Poll

Internment

Intern the Italians
- 8 (53.3%)
Leave the Italians free
- 7 (46.7%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Author Topic: Let's play Hearts of Iron Doomsday; Update Twelve  (Read 14882 times)

Yaddy1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Let's play Hearts of Iron Doomsday; Second Update, free Madagascar?
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2010, 08:30:23 pm »

If the numbers on the right side of the screen are what I think they are, dump Madagascar.

You mean the left side of the screen?

Both.

The numbers in the crummy looking white box are the selected territory's stats.

EDIT: Also no update tomorrow.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2010, 09:16:18 pm by Yaddy1 »

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2010, 11:04:14 pm »

Freeing territories will give you dissent unless you are entirely isolationist.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Yaddy1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2010, 11:39:28 am »

Freeing territories will give you dissent unless you are entirely isolationist.

We're pretty isolationist. I can't guarantee independence and I'm making a fair bit of consumer goods if I do get dissent it'll go down quick. However it's true that there's very little benefit to freeing Madagascar.

Yaddy1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2010, 06:09:04 pm »

Update Three; Another One

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Well that went well. There won't be another update for a while but this one was huge (about half a year) so, yeah. Also it started to crash so I switched to playing windowed. It doesn't crash anymore but there may be slight irregularities.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 27, 2010, 08:05:35 pm »

So is the orange in Spain the Nationalists?

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 27, 2010, 09:50:58 pm »

Orange is the republicans, i.e. the government established by the leftist coalition that narrowly won the 1936 elections.  Yellow is the nationalists, i.e. the rightist group that claimed the government was illegitimate because it wouldn't establish law and order and which in the OTL took over the country and made it fascist under Franco.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 27, 2010, 09:58:11 pm »

I hope the Spanish Republicans beat down those Nationalist Fascists.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 28, 2010, 12:06:18 am »

Based on the map, I'd say it looks like a pretty good chance of that happening.  The republicans have taken two of the nationalists starting territories while the nationalists have only taken 1 mainland territory in return (Bilbao) and that is ungarrisoned.  I'd guesstimate that most of the army sided with the republicans.

France should seek to make an alliance with the brave republican forces of Spain.  French intervention will guarantee republican victory and will give you another ally when the war with the Germans comes.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

Yaddy1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 28, 2010, 10:00:39 am »

Unfortunately that wasn't an option. It just gave me the option of sending materials and volunteers. However if there is a possibility of allegiance than I'll definitely take it. I don't really know how to raise relations with a foreign nation besides giving them blueprints and through events.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 28, 2010, 02:38:09 pm »

Unfortunately that wasn't an option. It just gave me the option of sending materials and volunteers. However if there is a possibility of allegiance than I'll definitely take it. I don't really know how to raise relations with a foreign nation besides giving them blueprints and through events.

By acting nicely and giving them good deals on junk?

Yaddy1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 28, 2010, 03:26:28 pm »

Update Four; This is the Paris Report

Alright I lied. Here's an update. Before when I said one'd be. However no update tomorrow. Also I'm putting up a poll to vote on what government changes you want.

Edit: Made the poll include every possibility as well as have explanations.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2010, 08:52:06 pm by Yaddy1 »

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 28, 2010, 09:40:01 pm »

If you have about 115 money to spare after research, you can go the diplomacy menu for republican spain and select "Increase Relations."  This will give you a bit of boost to relations and can be repeated until they are very friendly with you, at which point you can start offering them an alliance.  Also, if you have trade with them, it will give a very slow increase to relations.  The amount of trade doesn't matter.  Just giving them .1 coal for free would be sufficient.

You should increase consumer goods production to get rid of that dissent.  It's a big drag on your economy.  You will also get money through this strategy which can be used to butter up spain or trade for blueprints with england.  It's alright to slow the growth of the army in the short term for this goal.  The French military should be based on elan, not numbers!
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

Yaddy1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 29, 2010, 02:23:34 pm »

If you have about 115 money to spare after research, you can go the diplomacy menu for republican spain and select "Increase Relations."  This will give you a bit of boost to relations and can be repeated until they are very friendly with you, at which point you can start offering them an alliance.  Also, if you have trade with them, it will give a very slow increase to relations.  The amount of trade doesn't matter.  Just giving them .1 coal for free would be sufficient.

You should increase consumer goods production to get rid of that dissent.  It's a big drag on your economy.  You will also get money through this strategy which can be used to butter up spain or trade for blueprints with england.  It's alright to slow the growth of the army in the short term for this goal.  The French military should be based on elan, not numbers!

That's a good plan, dissent sucks.

Yaddy1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 30, 2010, 04:19:05 pm »

Update Five; C'mon you can do it Spain!

Yeah so that's it. Another update. I just figured out that you can name armies, fleets and air wings as well as divisions, boats and air companies. If anyone wants one named something, just ask. If it's not a stupid name then I'll put it in. We have 2 tank divisions, a couple cavalry divisions, lots of 1936 infantry, a couple 1918 infantry (most started as these), an HQ on the Maginot Line, an HQ in Africa, some mountaineers, some bombers, some interceptors, some subs, some transports and a crap load of outdated cruisers/battleships/random combat boats. Oh and below is a picture of our policy meters. Their in the bottom right.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Let's play Hearts of Iron Doomsday; Update Five
« Reply #44 on: September 30, 2010, 05:24:44 pm »

Invade and annex Denmark. They sent a spy into your country, it's only fair you blow them up.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8