Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18

Author Topic: Warhammer 40k. Dark Heresy.  (Read 20141 times)

Sneevil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer 40k. Dark Heresy.
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2010, 12:58:21 pm »

oh and remember how the population of armageddon fought bravely besides the imperial guard and the grey knights. heck of a reward

HonkyPunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2010, 01:01:31 pm »

What i'm planning has to do with a derelict vessel in a decaying orbit around an agriculture planet, perhaps a feral one. I guess the idea is that the ship is full of "innocent" people and that it's up to the inquisitors to kill off the creatures in the depths of the ship, and fix the engine. Some how. (This way I could operate with a much more familiar "Dungeon" type set up as far as the map goes, and get away with it.) Maybe it could be crashing into a hive world? Save a couple million lives? I dunno.
Another thought was to have the players start on a low-tech muskets and gun-powder world that has been (somehow) effectively cut off from the imperium for a few hundred years, and forgotten the stuff even exists, maybe with a few references to "the old gods" and their "Artifacts" (Las-guns and the like) and the players would work for a local monarch, perhaps attempting to quell a rebellion?
(This could possibly be followed by being captured by some kind of invading force from space?)
nobody of great interest

i have a crap tumblr page. i usually post art but my scanner is down. http://www.tumblr.com/blog/heygofuckadog

Sneevil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2010, 01:05:20 pm »

well tbh half of the weapons the IMPERIUM of man uses they don't even know how the make.
and the other half will only be made if the adeptus mechanicus agrees to and they are picky about it.
also the choice you make with the monsters inside the ship will also have something to do with the invasion so better read up a bit about the different races.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2010, 01:09:23 pm »

Dark eldar raiders are popular enough, though with a cut-off world, it could be anyone.
I like the second idea better, anyhow.

Also, about Armageddon; I wonder why they didn't just go around and shoot everyone. I guess it was easier to control them with sterilization and concentration camps.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Sneevil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2010, 01:28:03 pm »

it think it was something to the likes of not wasting their overkill ammo. and if you just started shooting maybe someone could get away and he could have been a heritic in disguise and summon forth the legions of chaos. Why not just tell they are going on a little trip to a safe new planet.

HonkyPunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2010, 01:43:58 pm »

Well, if we're gonna play, I recommend finding the Warhammer module for VASSAL.
Well if you guys want to play this over the internet, how would we go about doing that?
More importantly, who would be the GM?
I don't think I could do it without participating as a player first, for two reasons.
1. I have never played any tabletop roleplaying games that are not based on the d20 system, nor have I ever played Warhammer, Warhamemr 40k, Dark Heresy, or anything related. I would love to, however.
2. I have never participated in an online roleplaying game of this sort (I've played MMO's and MUDS, but i've never actually played a tabletop game on a forum.)
Still, i think it'd be fun.
nobody of great interest

i have a crap tumblr page. i usually post art but my scanner is down. http://www.tumblr.com/blog/heygofuckadog

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2010, 02:31:43 pm »

I've played Dark Heresy before, over MSN with a few guys I know. It was a hell of a lot of fun, and only stopped because the GM decided he wanted to play Rogue Trader instead.

I'd be happy to try GMing a game on Vassal or something. I find the chat in vassal to be a bit clunky, maybe we could talk over MSN or something like that?
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

HonkyPunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2010, 02:36:18 pm »

Perhaps. If you know how to do it, or at least have a basic grasp of the rules I'd be down for it. We'll need a few other players, obviously.
I call assassin though :D
nobody of great interest

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2010, 02:47:24 pm »

Perhaps. If you know how to do it, or at least have a basic grasp of the rules I'd be down for it. We'll need a few other players, obviously.
Assasin? Warhammer? Pah, you know nothing.

EDIT-I wouldn't mind attempting to GM, but I know nothing of Dark Heresy.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

HonkyPunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2010, 02:51:05 pm »

Assasin? Warhammer? Pah, you know nothing.

EDIT-I wouldn't mind attempting to GM, but I know nothing of Dark Heresy.
Tch, it's in the Dark Heresy book :O
I just figured everyone would snatch up the beefy machine gun shooting builds right away anyways.
nobody of great interest

Sneevil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2010, 02:52:59 pm »

uhm which assassin are you talking about *grin* the insane drugged one?

perpetual

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2010, 02:56:47 pm »

Maptools is great if your looking for a feature-rich playing enviornment.

If you want advanced Dark Heresy/Rogue Trader specific functions and automation you should check out wolph's framework

http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=12137

I played a game with it a while back and it was much quicker and easier than without

HonkyPunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2010, 02:57:11 pm »

uhm which assassin are you talking about *grin* the insane drugged one?
I don't know, there's just an "ASSASSIN" career.
"Assassins are skilled killers, adept at getting close to a target and ending their days. Some are cold-blooded executioners that revel in bloodshed, while others are consummate professionals who take great pride in their art. Whatever their motivations, they represent some of the most dangerous men and women of the Inquisition, each one a finely honed tool of murder."
from the book.
nobody of great interest

Sneevil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2010, 03:03:59 pm »

well there are a lot of assassin cults the one i was talking about where the eversor assassins who get trained, bio-engineered and drugged into a mindless killing spree they spend most of their time in cyro. because they are so dependant of the drugs they die without them they don't even care how long they stayed in it. The only thing that matters for them is the mission.

HonkyPunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2010, 03:05:27 pm »

well there are a lot of assassin cults the one i was talking about where the eversor assassins who get trained, bio-engineered and drugged into a mindless killing spree they spend most of their time in cyro. because they are so dependant of the drugs they die without them they don't even care how long they stayed in it. The only thing that matters for them is the mission.
Ah, I don't think a character like that would operate too terribly well in some campaigns. I.E. drawn out ones without access to the drugs they would need.

nobody of great interest

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18