Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Cant get dwarves to use archery range.  (Read 5540 times)

Rinkanu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cant get dwarves to use archery range.
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2010, 01:35:08 am »

I have a similar problem, I can't seem to understand how the military works.
I just lost like 30 dwarves against 2 goblins:
- built a goblin blender, the kind with two pressure plates and 2 hatches and a bunch of weapon traps in the middle
- two goblins get on the two pressure plates at the same time, meaning that they won't move anymore but get stuck
- I had the iron bolts forbidden so that they won't use them for training, I unforbid them and assigned them to combat use on the military menu via the ammo button
- had my archery squad, which has the archery set of uniform, station in the archery range, which is also fortified so that they can shoot at the goblin blender
- they stay there  and do nothing
- I clearly recall forging bolts, buying them, and making quivers
Still, nothing happens no matter what I do, they won't shoot, and the 2 goblins are stuck behind pits so no melee. They also seem to have infinite ammo and shoot at anybody.
Abandoning is the only solution?

Just out of curiosity , what version are you using? , i had 31.03 or something and no matter what i did the dwarves refused to do anything.

Have you ever seen them shoot in the archery range at the targets?

Try the "kill" order it might jumpstart their brains.

clem131

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cant get dwarves to use archery range.
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2010, 02:07:53 am »

The Kill order made them rush to the goblin, which was on a plate opening a hatch so he was not reachable. Him, on the other hand, had like infinite bolts, so I had a lot of Fun :D
The problem is definitely they don't pick up the bolts, don't know why
Pages: 1 [2]