Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: stop eating my seeds  (Read 7061 times)

lolghurt

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:failures]
    • View Profile
stop eating my seeds
« on: September 20, 2010, 04:18:01 am »

how hard is it to make it so that plump helmet spawn/dimple cup spawn cannot be cooked into food. I keep losing forts to this stupidity.
Quote from: acetech09 date=1343968486
It's probably made from baby bone, with a handle of baby leather. Probably uses the leg bones wound together for the handle, the pelvis for the handle/pick joint, and the pick is the spine.

But that's all in theory, of course. Not like I've made a pick out of my own 5 month old baby before.

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
  • It's my greatest creation yet!
    • View Profile
Re: stop eating my seeds
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2010, 04:30:26 am »

Pressing 'z', access the 'Kitchen' screen. This lists all the items that can be cooked and brewed, including extracts, fish, powders, meats, plants, and seeds.
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

Kilumanjaro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2010, 07:20:49 pm »

Or you can remove the tag [EDIBLE_COOKED] from the seed material of the plant desired.
I do this to prevent me from using a 2 seed stew when meat runs low.  Meat fort FTW.

lolghurt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2010, 02:17:54 am »

Pressing 'z', access the 'Kitchen' screen. This lists all the items that can be cooked and brewed, including extracts, fish, powders, meats, plants, and seeds.
stupid cooking plump helmets destroying the seeds.
It's probably made from baby bone, with a handle of baby leather. Probably uses the leg bones wound together for the handle, the pelvis for the handle/pick joint, and the pick is the spine.

But that's all in theory, of course. Not like I've made a pick out of my own 5 month old baby before.

Gearheart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2010, 09:15:38 am »

Er... Cook less then, I suppose?

lolghurt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2010, 10:32:16 am »

Er... Cook less then, I suppose?
I have something like 800 pieces of meat and the dwarfs cook the last of the plump helmets first.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2010, 10:43:53 am »

stupid cooking plump helmets destroying the seeds.

I never cook anything brewable. Or threadable. Or whatever that word is.

Or seeds. Make sure you disable seed cooking.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Brandon816

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2010, 01:24:18 pm »

To disable cooking plump helmets in the kitchen menu:

z, right, enter. Then scroll down to plump helmets and press c.