Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 17

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XVI [Done]  (Read 30651 times)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XVI [Day One]
« Reply #165 on: September 29, 2010, 01:40:18 pm »

Shit. I did it, and then unlocked it to put in the Night End time.
Thanks.

And you probably shouldn't have mentioned it.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XVI [Night One]
« Reply #166 on: September 29, 2010, 07:35:29 pm »

Everyone wakes up the next day to find TheBroodyMoods missing. They go to his house, and find him in his room. All through it. Oh well, guess he got- Wait. Is that a first aid kit?

Damnit!

TheBroodyMoods was killed.
TheBroodyMoods was a Townie Doctor

Day Two Begins today, and ends at 10:00am Monday.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XVI [Day Two]
« Reply #167 on: September 29, 2010, 08:00:33 pm »

Also, USEC_OFFICER is inactive, and will need to be replaced.

TheBroodyMoods

• Bay Watcher
  • Slayer of men; Slayer of /hench/ men
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XVI [Day Two] [Replacement Needed.]
« Reply #168 on: September 29, 2010, 08:46:29 pm »

Spoiler: death scene (click to show/hide)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: September 29, 2010, 08:48:51 pm »

Spoiler: death scene (click to show/hide)

Pfffffffthahahahhahaha
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: September 29, 2010, 09:57:40 pm »

Replacement you say? Seems I've died elsewhere, so I may have a chance for this, assuming it's okay. I'll probably be busy until Friday though. Well, mostly busy.

TheBroodyMoods

• Bay Watcher
  • Slayer of men; Slayer of /hench/ men
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: September 29, 2010, 10:04:56 pm »

Replacement you say? Seems I've died elsewhere, so I may have a chance for this, assuming it's okay. I'll probably be busy until Friday though. Well, mostly busy.

Whenever I hear you want to join a beginner's mafia I get this strange image in my head of a 40 year old John Travolta standing in the middle of the kiddy's pool, punching children as they get too close during a game of Marko-Polo.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: September 29, 2010, 10:14:39 pm »

Really? I imagine it more of the veteran in the zombie horror movies. You know, the guy who suicides to save the hero/ine in a cool and spectacular way?

Or like the guy with a gun at a sword fight.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: September 29, 2010, 10:21:26 pm »

I imagine it more like Godzilla vs a herd of Pikmin.

Except Gozilla can laugh. And does. Often.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: September 29, 2010, 10:24:44 pm »

Town Only
No Nights
Final Destination?

Scatterbrain

• Bay Watcher
  • 'Oh PLEASE be my prisoner!'
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: September 30, 2010, 03:52:51 am »

well dang. broody was just too chill for this cruel world :( and now USEC is probably gona. oh well. XIV represent!

My vote, for now, remains on SirBayer, and I eagerly await what he has to say.

Spade: have your suspicions of USEC changed in his absence? How do you feel about the loss of a doctor?
kilikan: the way you restrict yourself to making only reactive posts is, quite frankly, terrifying. Are you piecing together a sprawling jigsaw of deduction in your head of who the mafia must logically be? When are you gonna come out, come good and be a help to the town? Because right now, it's like you're hiding away and keeping self to yourself, and people that like to look after number 1 often have ulterior motives.
Azure: I know you intend to answer my FoS - in addition to this, are you surprised the deceased of yesterday/yesternight flipping town?

and to answer the late broody -

What have you learned from the last time you played? Did you enjoy being scum, in the BM we played together?

I learned loads from being scum. You get to know what they fear (just about everything), what they are inclined/tempted to do and therefore what sort of behaviours are scummy. There's also a certain something that you can pick up on after playing scum for yourself - for me, at least, catching scum isn't just analytical anymore; there's now a more intuitive side to it too. I also found out that scum, if they're anything like me, play the game whilst screaming "AAAAAAAHHHHH". Scum are terrified, all the time, and it takes commitment for a scumplayer not to break or to slip up; but cracks will show if you do it right, because they are in a state of perpetual pant-shitment.

That said, because of the rewarding moments after day after day of defending (srsly, webadict. srsly.) I massively enjoyed playing scum in XIV. Massively :3

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: September 30, 2010, 01:58:20 pm »

Town Only
No Nights
Final Destination?

You tourney-whore.

So busy. UGH. Anyway, this isn't going to be as long as I intended it to be. More at some indeterminate point in the future, hopefully.

The most striking thing I've noticed so far is from sirbayer; the guy with a reuptation (a self-acknowledged one) one aggression and brutality with his scumhunting declares this:

...you broke JetSquirrel, and it looks to me like he broke town.

this after, what, 4 lines worth of reply from Jetsquirrel - a reply that I found far from convincing. That SirTerminator could declare that the accused 'broke town' (which is a major milestone that puts the individual beyond all suspicion) after such a light session of questioning, and with making barely a shadow of an attempt to chase him down even further, as is usually his wont, is highly suspicious and out of character. Especially so given that this came just after a period where SB was coming under some heat for his aggression; he takes the first opportunity to show everyone how nice he is by turning the gas down. Don't like it. What do you have to say for yourself, SirBayer?

I have to say read the scumhunting manual. The entire point of my insane aggression is to prompt reactions like the one I got out of JetSquirrel. It's hard to describe what it is, but when a town player breaks, you should be able to recognize it, or else every bit of all your scumhunting is completely wasted.

JetSquirrel broke town. I stopped voting him. Then he got lynched and he was town. Gee, wonder why I stopped voting him?

If my explanation isn't sufficient for you, I'm sorry. I can't honestly point to anything specific that told me "town." It was just... there.

Kilikan, what is this? What on earth is this?
That would be me at 4:00AM misinterpreting what you said, do you mean that you now believe he is town, or that he is scum?  Either way, are we replacing USEC too, due to him being gone for a number of days?  I am rather annoyed by this, my internet cuts out for two days and there's only 4 new posts, come on people talk a bit.  Un-vote USEC until some more people talk and whether or not we replace him too.

I suspect JetSquirrel is town. Suspect being the key word - sounded like he broke. I may reconsider that in the future.

My problem is that it appeared to be an almost exact quote from my post, interspersed with some of your own words. You weren't even really participating in the thing, and yet you were gladly willing to unvote when it seemed like the pressure was off JetSquirrel, Kilikan. Admitting to active lurking? Excuses... acceptable, and yet nonetheless suspicious.

Who's your new scumpick?

Extension, we don't need the day ending just yet.
At that point in time I had believed that some of the scummy-ness was off of Jetsquirrel, though now that he has shown interest in day ending now that he no-longer has my vote on him, I find extremely suspicious and scummy.  I would rather like to know when I admitted to active lurking, and it wasn't an excuse when I said that I had no internet for a few days, it was a point that I'm gone for 2 days and low and behold, only 5 new posts, it was simply a comment on how slow this game is.  Would that red be a vote for me or a question? Anyways my current scum-pick has become Jetsquirrel again, a townie wouldn't be afraid to get lynched yet he seemed far to relieved when the vote was removed from him and too eager to have the day end.

You're really nervous, aren't you, Kilikan? Repetitiveness, justification of all actions, and - hey, look at this? You never even put your vote down. What do you think you're doing?
Dude, you don't want to be messing around with imperial assloads.  The conversion rate to horseloads is atrocious.
Rules are for suckers.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: September 30, 2010, 03:00:07 pm »

It's hard to describe what it is, but when a town player breaks, you should be able to recognize it, or else every bit of all your scumhunting is completely wasted.

*cough*PYS*cough*
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: September 30, 2010, 03:50:59 pm »

Sooooo... Am I in?

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: September 30, 2010, 05:42:19 pm »

It's hard to describe what it is, but when a town player breaks, you should be able to recognize it, or else every bit of all your scumhunting is completely wasted.

*cough*PYS*cough*

HEY, I ALREADY ATE THAT HAT
Dude, you don't want to be messing around with imperial assloads.  The conversion rate to horseloads is atrocious.
Rules are for suckers.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 17