Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 17

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XVI [Done]  (Read 30646 times)

TheBroodyMoods

• Bay Watcher
  • Slayer of men; Slayer of /hench/ men
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XVI [Day One]
« Reply #150 on: September 28, 2010, 12:19:29 am »

I'll not be back for a little while, likely not until after the day is over.

First,
Kilakan, deciding to take the heat off jetsquirrel seemed rather odd- particularly because you didn't have much of a good reason- well not one that SirBayer hadn't already said.

Second,
Jetsquirrel last game I played we had a dude that acted like you whose first language was not English (mysteriousbluepuppet). He turned out to be a serial killer. Despite SirBayer's star studded review of you, I still suspect you- just because your first language is not English doesn't mean you make some of the mistakes you did, which if you were town, means you were ignorant. I don't think you're ignorant, I just think your a bad liar (a compliment in a round about way). My vote stays on you because I suspect you, still.

Third,
Scatterbrain, I find your first statement overtly ambitious- way to give us a base line on your first post (thanks!), which makes me feel like you maybe town this time.... Maybe. What have you learned from the last time you played? Did you enjoy being scum, in the BM we played together?

Fourth,
Akigagak- you waited that long just to defend yourself from SirBayer(it's what you are doing). Please, submit to the Mafia game something a little more relevant. What is your read of current events- if you still suspect SirBayer as scum, whose your second? SirBayer was not the only one that posted through out those pages- some initial reactions/thoughts would be nice.

Fifth,
USEC, show up: please prod USEC, Tack.

I apologize for how woefully short that was, but it is late and I've got work in a couple hours (12 hours is a couple of couples, in fact).

Have a good lynching everybody.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: September 28, 2010, 05:49:20 am »

Yeah. It's completely allowed to 'claim' I told you that you were town- as long as you don't quote the PM telling you that you are town.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: September 28, 2010, 07:55:29 am »

Votebord plz and when will night 1 begin?

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XVI [Day One][Replacement Needed]
« Reply #153 on: September 28, 2010, 01:39:22 pm »

Kilikan, what is this? What on earth is this?
That would be me at 4:00AM misinterpreting what you said, do you mean that you now believe he is town, or that he is scum?  Either way, are we replacing USEC too, due to him being gone for a number of days?  I am rather annoyed by this, my internet cuts out for two days and there's only 4 new posts, come on people talk a bit.  Un-vote USEC until some more people talk and whether or not we replace him too.

I suspect JetSquirrel is town. Suspect being the key word - sounded like he broke. I may reconsider that in the future.

My problem is that it appeared to be an almost exact quote from my post, interspersed with some of your own words. You weren't even really participating in the thing, and yet you were gladly willing to unvote when it seemed like the pressure was off JetSquirrel, Kilikan. Admitting to active lurking? Excuses... acceptable, and yet nonetheless suspicious.

Who's your new scumpick?

Extension, we don't need the day ending just yet.

so just found out that i'm actually a townie - managed a readthrough, will bring the words + serious stuff tomorrow. shoutout to BM14 guys (i c u thar zakko!). much love etc.

Yaay, you're a townie.

More you talk about it, less I believe you.

First,
Kilakan, deciding to take the heat off jetsquirrel seemed rather odd- particularly because you didn't have much of a good reason- well not one that SirBayer hadn't already said.

I hate realizing I've been ninja'd. Days in advance. Really gotta read posts before responding to earlier ones. D:

Quote from: TheBroodyMoods
Second,
Jetsquirrel last game I played we had a dude that acted like you whose first language was not English (mysteriousbluepuppet). He turned out to be a serial killer. Despite SirBayer's star studded review of you, I still suspect you- just because your first language is not English doesn't mean you make some of the mistakes you did, which if you were town, means you were ignorant. I don't think you're ignorant, I just think your a bad liar (a compliment in a round about way). My vote stays on you because I suspect you, still.

Don't spread WIFOM, and don't forget there aren't SKs here.

DO remember that I am convinced for the moment. Things change.
Dude, you don't want to be messing around with imperial assloads.  The conversion rate to horseloads is atrocious.
Rules are for suckers.

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: September 28, 2010, 01:40:00 pm »

One last thought - a little over-eager to start the night, hmm? Don't want to have to deal with answering any more questions?
Dude, you don't want to be messing around with imperial assloads.  The conversion rate to horseloads is atrocious.
Rules are for suckers.

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: September 28, 2010, 03:08:02 pm »

One last thought - a little over-eager to start the night, hmm? Don't want to have to deal with answering any more questions?

No , i can answer some questions but i thought the extension deadline ended a day ago i think...

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XVI [Day One][Replacement Needed]
« Reply #156 on: September 28, 2010, 04:08:26 pm »

Kilikan, what is this? What on earth is this?
That would be me at 4:00AM misinterpreting what you said, do you mean that you now believe he is town, or that he is scum?  Either way, are we replacing USEC too, due to him being gone for a number of days?  I am rather annoyed by this, my internet cuts out for two days and there's only 4 new posts, come on people talk a bit.  Un-vote USEC until some more people talk and whether or not we replace him too.

I suspect JetSquirrel is town. Suspect being the key word - sounded like he broke. I may reconsider that in the future.

My problem is that it appeared to be an almost exact quote from my post, interspersed with some of your own words. You weren't even really participating in the thing, and yet you were gladly willing to unvote when it seemed like the pressure was off JetSquirrel, Kilikan. Admitting to active lurking? Excuses... acceptable, and yet nonetheless suspicious.

Who's your new scumpick?

Extension, we don't need the day ending just yet.
At that point in time I had believed that some of the scummy-ness was off of Jetsquirrel, though now that he has shown interest in day ending now that he no-longer has my vote on him, I find extremely suspicious and scummy.  I would rather like to know when I admitted to active lurking, and it wasn't an excuse when I said that I had no internet for a few days, it was a point that I'm gone for 2 days and low and behold, only 5 new posts, it was simply a comment on how slow this game is.  Would that red be a vote for me or a question? Anyways my current scum-pick has become Jetsquirrel again, a townie wouldn't be afraid to get lynched yet he seemed far to relieved when the vote was removed from him and too eager to have the day end.

SirBayer-What are your thoughts on all the players currently? Who do you consider scummy and why?
Nom nom nom

Scatterbrain

• Bay Watcher
  • 'Oh PLEASE be my prisoner!'
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: September 28, 2010, 04:16:11 pm »

So busy. UGH. Anyway, this isn't going to be as long as I intended it to be. More at some indeterminate point in the future, hopefully.

The most striking thing I've noticed so far is from sirbayer; the guy with a reuptation (a self-acknowledged one) one aggression and brutality with his scumhunting declares this:

...you broke JetSquirrel, and it looks to me like he broke town.

this after, what, 4 lines worth of reply from Jetsquirrel - a reply that I found far from convincing. That SirTerminator could declare that the accused 'broke town' (which is a major milestone that puts the individual beyond all suspicion) after such a light session of questioning, and with making barely a shadow of an attempt to chase him down even further, as is usually his wont, is highly suspicious and out of character. Especially so given that this came just after a period where SB was coming under some heat for his aggression; he takes the first opportunity to show everyone how nice he is by turning the gas down. Don't like it. What do you have to say for yourself, SirBayer?

Then there's the USEC vs AzureSepulchre war. I won't go too in depth on this right now cos I'm tight for time, but basically, I see it like this - USEC's statement of intent was to try and become a better scumhunter this game. Here, this story checks out and makes sense. Azure's, on the other hand, doesn't. I can't really put my finger on it, but the defensive/aggressive balance of his replies don't sit well with me. That, and his focus and intent on making replies in the first place, reminds me of... well, me, when I was scum in BM14 trying to defend from webadict. For that, Azure gets a middling FoS, but I need to do more digging here.

Lastly tonight - Jetsquirrel: scum noob or town noob? A vote candidate, even? Well, the jury's still out. Goodnight folks.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: September 28, 2010, 08:32:08 pm »

No. It ends in four hours, I believe.

Unless we get two more votes for an extension.
I'll start on a vote count now.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Azure Sepulchre

• Bay Watcher
  • Y'all have knocked her up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: September 28, 2010, 08:33:53 pm »

...I apologize for not posting an adequate reply to your FOS, Scatter. I had a fairly large response to this mostly typed up and almost ready for submission, when my damned flatmate decides to use this tab to go on her bloody Facebook of all things when I'm not in the room. =/

Eh, but enough of my angst-filled digression. I'll get her back somehow, then I'll put up a proper post tomorrow when I'm not so tired and annoyed. My apologies. However, I can offer one quick thing:

That SirTerminator could declare that the accused 'broke town' (which is a major milestone that puts the individual beyond all suspicion) after such a light session of questioning, and with making barely a shadow of an attempt to chase him down even further, as is usually his wont, is highly suspicious and out of character. Especially so given that this came just after a period where SB was coming under some heat for his aggression; he takes the first opportunity to show everyone how nice he is by turning the gas down. Don't like it. What do you have to say for yourself, SirBayer?

... *ahem*

Bayer: How does Jetsquirrel come across as town to you? A town newbie, I think, would vociferously deny any allegations put towards him until the bitter end (or at least that's what I did when I was a brand new), whereas Jetsquirrel appears passive. I mean, hell, he was presented with evidence that he was scum, and he just said 'nothing I can answer to'! He's trying even less to defend himself than USEC did!

Smells like broken scum that's given up on fighting back to me.

Yeah. Please actually respond to the question this time, Bayer. (inb4imahypocrite)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: September 28, 2010, 09:06:18 pm »

Alright. It wasn't four hours after all...

Day End Vote count.
Scatterbrain
Azure Sepulchre - USEC-OFFICER (1)
Jetsquirrel - Azure Sepulchure, TheBroodyMoods (1)
Akagigak
USEC_OFFICER - Jetsquirrel, Spade (1)
Spade
SirBayer - Scatterbrain, Akigigak (1)
TheBroodyMoods
kilakan -Sirbayer

Not voting: Kilakan.

The votes are tied. Because this is a beginner's mafia, I'll give you guys a little while before I end the day, so you don't have a no-lynch.

Spade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: September 28, 2010, 09:24:14 pm »

I have a feeling most of my vote on USEC was just because he seemed like he wanted to get lynched so bad. Now I don't even know where he is.

Unvote
Jersquirrel,
my suspicious had always been on you. Like I had mentioned before, either you really don't know what you're doing, or you're putting on a bad scum disguise. Two times have you just basicly just avoided questions by answering to the non-game things. I had hoped that you'd finally realise what you're doing and at least try to defend yourself, but no, you didn't.

I hope I am not wrong about this.
DungeonEscape
Will you make it out alive?

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: September 28, 2010, 10:41:05 pm »

You better start slapping yourself about some statement you made back here somewhere

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: September 28, 2010, 10:55:19 pm »

The mob has decided. It's got to be Jetsquirrel... It's just got to be. Look at him, leaning against that wall in that fedora and trenchcoat, smoking his cigar and flipping that penny. As one, they move on him, not giving him a single moment to recognise the danger before he suffers a death most long and irritating... Death By Sissyslapping.
After the last man ceases flailing his limp wrists at the corpse, they quickly rummage through his pockets for his valuables, and, more importantly, any information on who he is.
To almost everyone's dismay, his 'International Townie Passport' is completely legit- including all four-hundred and ninety six individual anti-counterfeit watermarks.
Giving a half-hearted shrug, the people return to their homes for the night.

Jetsquirrel was Lynched!
Jetsquirrel was A townie

Night one begins... Now. It'll end at 13:00 tomorrow, or until everything is complete.
Send in your actions.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2010, 10:58:47 pm by Tack »

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: September 29, 2010, 11:14:45 am »

Please remember to lock thread.
Rules are for suckers.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 17