Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 17

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XVI [Done]  (Read 30634 times)

Spade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XVI
« Reply #90 on: September 22, 2010, 07:57:10 pm »

The bold is right there. You can't erase a scumslip. You were worried that I would come after you. The only reason to be worried enough about another person's opinion to not vote or to change your behavior is if you're scum. Thus, you're scum. You said it yourself - not in the same words, but you were afraid of being attacked. Not necessarily by me, but you just didn't want the attention that putting your vote down would bring.

I'm not trying to defend him or anything, but isn't that also a mistake most townies make? They'll say they're scared about something happening, and then they're blamed for being scared. Even though they didn't know town have nothing to worry about.
DungeonEscape
Will you make it out alive?

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XVI
« Reply #91 on: September 22, 2010, 10:56:37 pm »

The bold is right there. You can't erase a scumslip. You were worried that I would come after you. The only reason to be worried enough about another person's opinion to not vote or to change your behavior is if you're scum. Thus, you're scum. You said it yourself - not in the same words, but you were afraid of being attacked. Not necessarily by me, but you just didn't want the attention that putting your vote down would bring.

I'm not trying to defend him or anything, but isn't that also a mistake most townies make? They'll say they're scared about something happening, and then they're blamed for being scared. Even though they didn't know town have nothing to worry about.

A. That is defending, but...
B. The scum is in the details.
C. That's not my only argument, as you may or may not have noticed.
Dude, you don't want to be messing around with imperial assloads.  The conversion rate to horseloads is atrocious.
Rules are for suckers.

Spade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XVI [Replacement Needed]
« Reply #92 on: September 22, 2010, 10:58:39 pm »

I know that, but I was just pointing it out.
DungeonEscape
Will you make it out alive?

Azure Sepulchre

• Bay Watcher
  • Y'all have knocked her up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 23, 2010, 05:30:02 am »

Azure, it took you a while to settle your vote, though I wouldn't begrudge you for it. I mean, hell, look at me! Frankly, I need to read over your stuff more; You seem to dismiss a lot of allegations as hog-wash. I'll get back to you when I've got more time.

It's not like I dismissed them out of hand, which you seem to be strongly implying. =/

I have provided reasons; which I presume make sense, considering you haven't called me on anything specific aside from an impression of aloofness - although I suppose you did say you needed read over my stuff, so... eh. I must say, though; I am inclined to agree with Zako's impression of your playing style. You provide a fairly sharp contrast to Bayer's methods. I wonder which will prove better..?

Hmm... just posting this would be rather a waste of space. Question time!

USEC: Earlier on, you offered an explanation for your devil-may-care attitude towards your potential lynching. Specifically:

Frankly, survival is not number 1 on my list anymore. Everybody else here looks like a better player than me, and it would hurt the town if someone else got lynched (except maybe ein or Jetsquirrel.)

If you thought you, ein and Jetsquirrel were on an apparently equal standpoint as faras town importance went, then why have you not targeted either of them as opposed to surrendering yourself to a lynching? I mean, hell, if you know you're not scum, why not fight to find it? I admit, Ein appears to have had an honest reason for his lurking, but Jet has continued to appear progressively more and more scummy as the game has gone on. Yet you have seldom batted so much as an eyelid in his direction. Why is this?

Broody: I can understand you having four primary FOS's, but I highly doubt you feel the same way about all four. And besides, there can be only two, no matter how suspect everyone in the game seems. So which two do you find the most scummy out of those four?

Spade: Dude, you're still defending him no matter what you say. And hell, even if you really weren't trying to, you must have some reason for posting that - considering that an actually impartial observer wouldn't deign to say anything. So, why did you defend Aki? Or, if you still insist you weren't really defending him, why did you bother posting that?

Oh, and 'just pointing it out' isn't a good enough answer; not by a long shot. USEC apparently just pointed out the flaw in kilakan's attack on me, and you can see what that led to. =/

Jetsquirrel: Seriously, where the f**k are you? Err, pardon the French. >.>

Aaaaaand... I'll leave Bayer and Aki for the time being. They're already questioning each other with more tenacity than I could generat for either at the moment, and I'm still waiting for USEC to respond anyway. Unless he's given up, which I would find quite disappointing all things considered.

Oh, BTW, Day Extension for the sub. It'll be interesting to see what a replacement will make of the game so far.

Azure Sepulchre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 23, 2010, 05:44:52 am »

Just noticed; forgot to ask kilakan a question. >.<

So, just had a quick browse through all your posts and noticed something interesting; you haven't voted once. Nope, not once. Not even during the proper RVS. Oh, sure, you've suspected plenty, but you've never made a proper move on anyone. I'm inclined not to look into this too deeply for much the same reason Broody avoided targeting my own almost lackadaisic approach to voting, but I'm still wondering what it is you're waiting for.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 23, 2010, 07:28:15 am »

I'm going to see if Scatterbrain can play before I pull in Webadict unneccesarily.

Votes:

ein -
Azure Sepulchre - USEC_OFFICER
Jetsquirrel - TheBroodyMoods,
Akagigak - SirBayer
USEC_OFFICER - AzureSepulchre, Jetsquirrel, Spade
Spade -
SirBayer - Akigigak
TheBroodyMoods -
kilakan -
Not Voting: Kilakan, ein (Not Active).

Day ends in two hours.

Also, one vote for an Extension. Two more votes needed for an extention to be passed.

Sorry for putting this up so late.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 23, 2010, 07:49:17 am »

Jetsquirrel, you unvote USEC don't post for about 21 hours, then just rank and file, with Spade and Azure, vote him again- giving pretty much a paraphrased version of what Spade had said. You're not even trying are you? Oh, and I believe that makes you the third vote- and the Bandwagoner. Though we've been over this: "I am not bandwagoning you guise". Why are you letting SirBayer off the hook all the sudden?

I don't have always time to read this mafia game and post some answer to this. I'm not getting him of the hook, im trying to follow that guide on page 2. But Sirbayer did make a lot of suspicion around me as he keeps telling that im scum. I will switch to him eventually but for now i'm focusing at USEC for his suicidal attitude.

Jet:He simply doesn't care a bit about the game, or he is trying the cool-whatever attitude and hoping no one votes for him, makes me feel uneasy.

I do care about the game but since this is a begginer mafia game, and im obvously a begginer i try to get the hang of it. So i may attempt poor in my actions.

Also, Jetsquirrel, you've got a lot of explaining to do: show up (look who's talking, =P ) and explain yourself. Is USEC still your top scum pick, or are you just voting because he's suicidal? There's a big difference.

Usec is not my top pick, it's SirBayer i will switch to him later. But i vote for USEC as he has a suicidal attitude, so if he wants to be lynched so badly why don't i help him a hand.

Jetsquirrel: Seriously, where the f**k are you? Err, pardon the French. >.>

I'm right here but like i said in the first piece of text I DONT HAVE ALWAYS FREE TIME TO READ AND WRITE ANSWERS...

And tack btw there are already 2 votes for a day extension 1 from Kilakan and 1 from Azure and i also request a Day extension
[Edit: Deleted much blank space]
« Last Edit: September 23, 2010, 07:54:31 am by Jetsquirrel »

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 23, 2010, 07:57:31 am »

3 Votes for an extension.

Day ends 10:00 Friday.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Azure Sepulchre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 23, 2010, 09:12:04 am »

Usec is not my top pick, it's SirBayer i will switch to him later. But i vote for USEC as he has a suicidal attitude, so if he wants to be lynched so badly why don't i help him a hand.

...so let me get this straight. You are not, in fact, voting for USEC because you think he's scum. You're actually voting for him because he doesn't much care if he lives or dies. Which, as far as I'm concerned, means you don't actually give a damn which alignment he is; you're just doing this because he has the most other people on him, which makes him an easy lynch for scum.

What's more, you claim to want to OMGUS vote SirBayer, but aren't switching to him just yet because... well, see above.

And not only that, but you edited your post - again - after being specifically warned not to because it makes you look like you're hiding a scum-slip.

...gawd. =O

Unvote, vote Jetsquirrel.

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 23, 2010, 09:43:26 am »

i edited it because i accidently made a lot of Blank space under my post and it was kind of annoying to read

Azure Sepulchre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 23, 2010, 12:50:36 pm »

i edited it because i accidently made a lot of Blank space under my post and it was kind of annoying to read

Wait... so you'll object to that, but you won't object to my vote? You have no problem with me thinking you're obviously scum? ...oookay. >.>

Anyway, that's still no excuse for editing your post. Hell, there is no excuse for editing your post. It's against the rules; simple as that. I often get the urge to go back and correct spelling errors in my own posts, but I don't. Because it can ruin both me and the game if someone takes it as an attempt to hide a scum-tell.

Eh, dunno why I'm explaining this. I'm quite sure you already knew you were in the wrong for editing, considering you responded to the affirmative when Aki told you not to do it again:

Also Also, don't edit, Jetsquirrel.
Yeah sure

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 23, 2010, 01:04:39 pm »

But but i get a urge to edit posts when shit happens! But really il try to not edit any posts
but what is better? this?

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 23, 2010, 01:05:32 pm »

or this? because if i didn;t edit that it would ike look that

Azure Sepulchre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 23, 2010, 01:22:53 pm »

The problem is probably your web browser. For instance, any time I try to type on this site when I'm using IE, the text box spazzes out when I scroll up or down. That stopped happening to me when I switched to Pale Moon; the same might work for you.[/advert]

Regardless, I've seen worse. When you mentioned 'blank spaces', I assumed it'd be approximately page-sized. I doubt many would even notice, and I'd say even less would care. Unless you quadruple-posted or something, I guess, but I rather doubt you'll ever need to do that. >.>

Now, if we can get back to the fact that you're completely ignoring the vote I have on you..?

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 23, 2010, 01:35:07 pm »

Also: Never, ever, edit. I don't know if we've gotten around to actually including it in the rules, so if not, it's one of those unspoken Mafia rules. Nobody can see what you edited once it's done, so unless someone saw it beforehand, they just know it's been edited. So they think you edited for bad reasons.

Thus, don't edit.

Jetsquirrel, you unvote USEC don't post for about 21 hours, then just rank and file, with Spade and Azure, vote him again- giving pretty much a paraphrased version of what Spade had said. You're not even trying are you? Oh, and I believe that makes you the third vote- and the Bandwagoner. Though we've been over this: "I am not bandwagoning you guise". Why are you letting SirBayer off the hook all the sudden?

I don't have always time to read this mafia game and post some answer to this. I'm not getting him of the hook, im trying to follow that guide on page 2. But Sirbayer did make a lot of suspicion around me as he keeps telling that im scum. I will switch to him eventually but for now i'm focusing at USEC for his suicidal attitude.

That's... well, okay. You're going to hammer on the guy who you think wants to die, which is not an entirely un-Townie thing, while ignoring me, who you "think" is suspicious.

Well, that's perfectly fine and normal!

Quote from: Jetsquirrel
Jet:He simply doesn't care a bit about the game, or he is trying the cool-whatever attitude and hoping no one votes for him, makes me feel uneasy.

I do care about the game but since this is a begginer mafia game, and im obvously a begginer i try to get the hang of it. So i may attempt poor in my actions.

Also, Jetsquirrel, you've got a lot of explaining to do: show up (look who's talking, =P ) and explain yourself. Is USEC still your top scum pick, or are you just voting because he's suicidal? There's a big difference.

If I'm your first pick, why aren't you voting me? Lot easier for the scum to just ride on the bandwagons, hmm?
Dude, you don't want to be messing around with imperial assloads.  The conversion rate to horseloads is atrocious.
Rules are for suckers.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 17