Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Find dwarves with experience / enabled labor  (Read 470 times)

Delta

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Find dwarves with experience / enabled labor
« on: September 19, 2010, 07:07:30 pm »

I am looking for a way to list the dwarves with experience in a special work. It's quite annoying to use the "u-menu", zoom on every dwarf and search in the general information.
Also, I am looking for a list of all dwarves with a special labor enabled (this is currently even more annoying, because I have to open the corresponding labos submenu).

Is there any possibility to do that within the game?

I've heard of the Dwarf Therapist, but I haven't tried it yet. I would prefer an in-game menu for these issues; do you know of any? (I am playing the Linux version of Dwarf Fortress 2010, and at least the latest compiled DT version for Linux I found does not support this DF version.)

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
Re: Find dwarves with experience / enabled labor
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2010, 07:10:04 pm »

Not possible in-game without resorting to brute force (i.e. checking every single dwarf one by one).
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Hans Lemurson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Find dwarves with experience / enabled labor
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2010, 07:35:04 pm »

There may be a way to modify Dwarf Therapist so that it can "read" a version of DF that it technicly speaking it doesn't support.
Foolprooof way to penetrate aquifers of unlimited depth.  (Make sure to import at least 10 stones for mechanisms)
Toughen Dwarves by dropping stuff on them.  (Nothing too heavy though, and make sure to wear armor.)
"Urist had a little lamb
whose feet tracked blighted soot.
And into every face he saw
his sooty foot he put."