Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: iPhone + dfterm2. Any success stories?  (Read 2779 times)

Thief^

• Bay Watcher
  • Official crazy person
    • View Profile
Re: iPhone + dfterm2. Any success stories?
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2010, 09:59:46 am »

Finnish?
Dwarven blood types are not A, B, AB, O but Ale, Wine, Beer, Rum, Whisky and so forth.
It's not an embark so much as seven dwarves having a simultaneous strange mood and going off to build an artifact fortress that menaces with spikes of awesome and hanging rings of death.

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2010, 10:00:19 am »

Missä päin Suomessa olet yleistä? Asuin Kuopiossa pari vuotta, opin puhua hiukan. Varman viännän sannoi Savvon murteella hiukan vielä. Ois kiva juttella, kun ei Utahissa löydy monta joka osaa. Sun kirjoitettu Englanti on täaydellinen. Missä opit puhuun?
English, please, not Finnish.

Adeon

• Bay Watcher
  • Obey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2010, 10:03:29 am »

Missä päin Suomessa olet yleistä? Asuin Kuopiossa pari vuotta, opin puhua hiukan. Varman viännän sannoi Savvon murteella hiukan vielä. Ois kiva juttella, kun ei Utahissa löydy monta joka osaa. Sun kirjoitettu Englanti on täaydellinen. Missä opit puhuun?
English, please, not Finnish.

Do not panic. That discussion went to PM. It wasn't on-topic either.
I make dead people. Dfterm3

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2010, 10:18:58 am »

Question 1: I have a jailbroken iPhone. There has to be an SSH utility for free, right? I'm too lazy to check for now. What are your thoughts?

Question 2: Why did you take pictures of that instead of using a true screenshot(Both buttons at the same time)?

Symbiode

• Bay Watcher
  • Mushrooms = bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2010, 11:32:02 am »

1. Yes, Mobile Teminal is available for jailbroken phones. It's not officially working with iOS4 on Cydia, but there are instructions online for getting a working version by installing it manually. It's not as user friendly as iSSH, but it may meet you needs.

2. I did not know you could do that, after testing I find this is awesome. Thanks for the tip!

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2010, 11:37:14 am »

Hey thank you! And no problem! ;)

gtmattz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:BEARD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2010, 07:17:29 pm »

I set up df in text mode on my linux machine and was able to play via ssh on my android phone, but it was a horrible experience so I never really did anything past embark using Play Now! I figure that was enough to earn the achievement  8)
Quote from: Hyndis
Just try it! Its not like you die IRL if Urist McMiner falls into magma.

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
  • Hobby: accidently thread derailment
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2010, 08:03:32 pm »

Ok someone must write now a special df-ssh app for smartphones. I wantto play Df on it but it needs a better interface.
[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
  • Hobby: accidently thread derailment
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2010, 08:04:38 pm »

Is there a SSH programm for the Nintendo DS? I mean there are many hacks already and the ds has wlan ....
[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.

Scarpa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2010, 12:24:51 pm »

I also play this game in my PC if I am not busy with my work. But I never tried to play this game in my iPhone. Is this game compatible or playable in iPhone?

Re-read the whole thread carefully. You can run an app called 'dfterm' which utilizes the text display mode in DF to run the game over ssh. Then you can use an ssh client on an iphone/android/ipad/whatever else to play remotely.

Jake

• Bay Watcher
  • Remember Boatmurdered!
    • View Profile
    • My Web Fiction
« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2010, 08:23:06 pm »

I have a similar enough problem that I can't really justify starting my own thread. Does anyone know of a good alternative to PocketPuTTY? I just bought a very cheap Windows CE 5.0 mini-netbook (an Allfine PC703 to be exact), but it lacks a touchscreen and PocketPuTTY apparently has issues with that.
Never used Dwarf Therapist, mods or tilesets in all the years I've been playing.
I think Toady's confusing interface better simulates the experience of a bunch of disorganised drunken dwarves running a fort.

Black Powder Firearms - Superior firepower, realistic manufacturing and rocket launchers!
Pages: 1 [2]