Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 16

Author Topic: Explorer - A Minecraft Alpha LP(tons of images!)  (Read 33536 times)

Hugehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Explorer - A Minecraft Alpha LP(tons of images!)
« Reply #45 on: September 24, 2010, 11:12:19 pm »

I'm liking the writing style, very nice.

Spoiler: 100% Unrelated (click to show/hide)
We're Bay12er's. If there is a bug, we will find it, exploit it, and make a recursive statue out of it. Just look up Planepacked.
When a dwarf enters a martial trance, they become Jedi. Short, drunken Jedi.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 25, 2010, 12:23:02 am »

No good. It needs to be found on it's own. Not given.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Hugehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 25, 2010, 12:23:53 am »

Mine then!
We're Bay12er's. If there is a bug, we will find it, exploit it, and make a recursive statue out of it. Just look up Planepacked.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 25, 2010, 02:29:31 am »

Once you get windows, you should try impoving your wall to give it a castle feeling. :)

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Frajic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 25, 2010, 03:37:40 am »

Once you get windows, you should try impoving your wall to give it a castle feeling. :)
Improvements, as in...?
@breadbocks, as a matter of fact, I DO have torches in excess. If I find a huge cavern I can just block off some of it.
EoS company name: Vikings Inc.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 25, 2010, 04:08:46 am »

Hmmm. Then dig down to the adaminium, and mine out a large portion of that area in search of lava and minerals, especially diamond.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 25, 2010, 04:16:20 am »

Well, ladder so you can climb on it, tower on the angles... that king of improvement.

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Frajic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 25, 2010, 06:06:00 am »

Well, ladder so you can climb on it, tower on the angles... that king of improvement.
The best thing is that the towers and ladders go hand-in-hand with each other. I don't know if I have enough materials, though. If I do, I'll probably make those towers.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #53 on: September 25, 2010, 12:49:47 pm »

Personally, my advice:

Make a tree farm, let it grow out a bit, and when you feel it's time to collect, have some flint and steel at the ready to burn up all the excess foliage, and then chop all the wood. Just be sure you have enough to replant the farm again for future collecting. Works like a charm. Got one hell of a wood supply from a simple 3x3 patch (2 of them grew huge, while the rest were small and easy harvests for more plantables; still stocked well, however.).

To collect the wood way up high, just be sure you also have an expendable, but easy to build/deconstruct material (like sand or cloth; cloth you can easily dig away bare handed, or "deconstruct" with flint (also a good way to get rid of the excess)) to get to the hard-to-reach floating ever-burning logs.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2010, 12:53:41 pm by Itnetlolor »

Frajic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 25, 2010, 03:37:47 pm »

Sorry no update today due to lazynessRL stuff. I promise I'll make one in the morning, plus the normal one.

Hugehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 25, 2010, 10:10:05 pm »

How can listening to Squiddles HELP you keep calm? I've listened to the album once and at this point would be hurting creepers anyway possible.

Frajic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 26, 2010, 07:53:03 am »

Day 8

Dear diary;

When I woke up this morning, my wounds had pretty much healed. Funny how fast the body can repair itself.

First thing I did was refill my torch supply, and actually use some of the glass I'd made. I put up some windows for my cave. My home just gets better and better.

Today was the day I'd start mining again. I brought extra picks with me, plus one I'd made with the last of my iron.

Facing the wall down in the mine, I thought back to the time I made that barricade. It was a symbol of my fear of the monsters.

I tore it down. Every last piece of it. I thought to myself, "If the monsters are coming, fine. Come out, you sunsabitches, I have a sword waiting for you."

I started digging again when I heard the hissing. I knew they were close.

I went past. There was no reason to retreat just because they were close. I had the cool, hard stone protecting me.

Until I pierced through the roof of a cave.

This was where the monsters resided. I took my sword out, ready for whatever might come.

The cavern went in two directions; one of them was in the direction where I heard the hissing. A monster was over there, ready to sneak up on me. I blocked the way to prevent it.

I carefully walked through the cave. I listened for anything that might want to kill me. And suddenly...

Skeleton.

The thing threw arrows against me, hurting me pretty bad. I managed to break it apart, and it disappeared without a trace. These aren't ordinary creatures.

I put up torches as I explored, and blocked off any routes I didn't want to explore. I also found another skeleton, stuck in a hole.

He managed to get a hit in on me, but nothing much. I swiftly crushed him with my sword. He left me some arrows as a goodbye present.

I kept exploring, when I found a part of the cavern that was lit up...

It was magma.

I had got so far down there was some volcanic activity. It was facinating, and kept the cave warm. It had no practical use for me, though.

I set up a stone bridge to get across the magma river, and went on.

Further inside, I found a waterfall. What was a waterfall doing in there?

It didn't matter. I sealed it off, just like everything else.

Now that I was done exploring, I mined out the little ore I'd found.

I also dug out another tunnel.

It was in that tunnel I found the most interesting thing yet: a glowing red ore. When I mined it, it turned to dust. I took whatever I could get with me, and mined on.

I soon ran out of pickaxes. I had my iron one, but I didn't want to waste it mining normal rock. I decided I should get back up; I'd been under the ground the entire day.

I slumped into the corner when I got aboveground. My wounds are hurting, but hopefully it'll heal overnight.
Today has been a productive day. I have explored an underground cavern, fought the monsters for my first time, found magma, a waterfall, some iron and a weird, red stone. All in all I'm quite pleased. Maybe I'll keep digging tommorow.

Good night.

OOC: Here's your update, happy now?  :)
@Hugehead, it's better than complete silence. The only thing that creeps me out more than that is creepy music.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2010, 08:03:37 am by Dwarf Midget »

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 26, 2010, 10:52:20 am »

What's that red stuff? Is it used for remote control mechanisms?

Hugehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 26, 2010, 11:44:00 am »

And Squiddles the Movie Trailer - The Day the Unicorns Couldn't Play Isn't a creepy song? What about the end of Let the Squiddles sleep?

Yaddy1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 26, 2010, 11:54:59 am »

I agree that playing silent Minecraft is creepy. I just play the lovely music that comes with Mincraft in VLC while I'm playing (sound for Mincraft doesn't work on my computer)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 16