Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Has everyone migrated to 0.31?  (Read 2221 times)

kendo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Has everyone migrated to 0.31?
« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2010, 05:56:42 pm »

I'd still be back on 40d, its just the burrows feature is too good to stop your settlement killing themselves when a siege arrives.
Its very frustrating that the 'endgame' economy and nobles arriving is still broken (awol) as hell in .31 though, Because I enjoyed that part.

HFS doesnt really serve a purpose in .31 either other than fpsdeath. Also I had hoped for more randomness in the underground features in .31, now its nearly guaranteed that you will have magma or water and cavern layers. Feels a bit generic at times. 40d was a bit more random with ug rivers pools and chasms -and I really miss bottomless pits.

Along with the burrows I actually prefer the new military though, its just the above that make me reminisce for 40d. A merger of both would be perfect for me ;)

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2010, 06:03:36 pm »

I am still on 40d, I'll be waiting for the .31 series to have a few more updates, the new military system IS NOT working out for me.
Hello Hunam

shibdib

• Bay Watcher
  • How much for Goat?
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 20, 2010, 06:10:44 pm »

Never played 40d but ive been enjoying the past few releases of 31.xx

The military, im a big fan TBH. I love the micromanagement options, and since training and inventory bugs have been fixed its really alot of fun.

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 20, 2010, 06:50:41 pm »

Finished my last 40d fort the night before 31.01 was released.

Now I've got a fort that's been going for a few versions (haven't moved it to 31.13 yet, probably will next time I play it for the sole reason that the lever bug was finally fixed) as well as a theme mod (haven't worked on that in months).

I don't find the new military interface complicated at all (though the fact that the squad menu doesn't auto-pause is extremely enfuriating to me) and the soldiers generally do what I tell them to.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2010, 06:52:17 pm by Untelligent »
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.
Pages: 1 2 [3]