Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Chains won't work  (Read 512 times)

Baro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Chains won't work
« on: December 05, 2007, 09:04:00 pm »

I never had a problem with it before, but since the latest version I can not longer attach dogs to chains, as such my fortress has some serious kobold problems.  The one farmer/brewer/cook responsible for all our food was killed by these little bastards.

If I assign a war dog to a chain, dwarves continuously drag the dog to the chain, chain him up, but the dog just walks away and then another dwarf comes and does the same thing.   Whats up??

Nil Eyeglazed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Chains won't work
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2007, 10:08:00 pm »

Have you tried building them next to binned bauxite mechanisms?  I know, lousy work-around.
He he he.  Yeah, it almost looks done...  alas...  those who are in your teens, hold on until your twenties...  those in your twenties, your thirties...  others, cling to life as you are able...<P>It should be pretty fun though.

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2007, 12:37:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Nil Eyeglazed:
<STRONG>Have you tried building them next to binned bauxite mechanisms?  I know, lousy work-around.</STRONG>

I dont understand your meaning.

As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

sphr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2007, 09:10:00 pm »

could it be material-related?  It could be coincidence, but I used to have that problem too with a copper chain, but if I use iron/steel chains, it seems to happen less often.

Also, I think that when chained war dogs sees hostile, they will become unchained in order to attack the hostile.  They will have to be chained again after that.