Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Multiple Stairway Construction  (Read 601 times)

mrbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Multiple Stairway Construction
« on: September 19, 2010, 07:46:24 am »

Hihi,

Instead of having to place individual stairwells, can we have an option to size the number of floors we want the stairway to penetrate?

So I can set it to go down thirty floors for example, and they'll dig and build all the way down until they hit a problem or reach the desired level.

Would just make things a bit easier. :)

TheyTarget

• Bay Watcher
  • Memento Mori
    • View Profile
Re: Multiple Stairway Construction
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2010, 11:14:39 am »

Would, though I don't know how easy it would be to do. Sooo, I would like this, but can live with out it.
Code: [Select]
This is a platinum warhammer. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. it menaces with spikes of platinum.
there is an image of the goblin Utes Gozrusrozsnus and dwarves in elf bone. The goblin is making a plaintive gesture. the dwarves are striking a menacing pose.
this image relates to the slaying of Utes Gozrusroz

Farthing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2010, 04:42:17 pm »

Being able to declare most mining jobs in three dimensions would be quite useful.

Auto Slaughter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2010, 05:18:58 pm »

I'm surprised that the usual designation selector doesn't select things three-dimensionally; I would have expected that you could put the start and end points on different z-levels and get a cubic selection.

Being able to declare most mining jobs in three dimensions would be quite useful.

In my experience dwarves are complete idiots about this and end up digging out the floor under them and plummeting to their deaths, so I always do 3d mining jobs one at a time.  Also, beware cave-ins from voids with sides that are too steep... I don't know why the wiki says it's so hard to cause cave-ins, I've done it accidentally a bunch of times.
Legendary Idler
“There's nothing better than a party that turns into a death trap.”

               — Russell T Davies, Doctor Who writer, speaking of some of his more popular plot lines