Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9

Author Topic: Ufo: The Two Sides - Multiplayer X-Com Remake  (Read 17890 times)

Shadowgandor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ufo: The Two Sides - Multiplayer X-Com Remake
« Reply #45 on: January 17, 2011, 04:03:52 pm »

...2$?:P

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 17, 2011, 04:45:24 pm »

Nobody wants to play? Really? I'm only moderately skilled (at best), so you could play as aliens and beat me around with their hordes completely expendable troops or something.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 17, 2011, 04:48:17 pm »

this game is working? I'll go check it out!

edit: I'm in!
« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 05:14:49 pm by a1s »
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 17, 2011, 07:25:14 pm »

...2$?:P
Yeah. I've literally NO access to online money. If my parent would open a bank account for me like I asked, I'd've access, but until then? Nope.

Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Fanofgaming

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 17, 2011, 09:24:16 pm »

I'm totally up for this.
"I love quoting myself!" - Fanofgaming

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 17, 2011, 09:49:44 pm »

Yeah. I've literally NO access to online money. If my parent would open a bank account for me like I asked, I'd've access, but until then? Nope.
there are perhaps... other... means of acquiring the files? If you are going to get the game anyway (when you get the money)... what's the harm?
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Fanofgaming

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 17, 2011, 09:58:33 pm »

The ability to break the law is not the excuse to.
"I love quoting myself!" - Fanofgaming

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 17, 2011, 10:27:46 pm »

Got .98. The fact that multiple races appear in the single player game is great. Before, it would just be snakemen, which sucked for terror missions, but was otherwise great when taking on UFOs. Since the snakemen reproduce like crazy, I could just sit back and fire, quickly training up all my troops.

Also, I would play multiplayer only I could be the aliens. I hate it when my operatives die. (I getting better at playing, so they're dying less though.)

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 17, 2011, 10:57:43 pm »

Trying it out looks cool.
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 17, 2011, 11:05:03 pm »

Since the snakemen reproduce like crazy, I could just sit back and fire, quickly training up all my troops.
how are you managing that? In my games the snake-men see my troops 4 or so metres before my troops see them. Combined with plasma rifles, this is decimating my force*.

* I'm not sure if this has changed since the original, or if I just don't remember, but most of my troops are in the hospital (and not dead), which means I have a whole screen of people collecting salaries and not doing anything. I still won't fire them (that would be mean), but it's starting to annoy me...

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 18, 2011, 12:05:15 am »

Also, has anyone else noticed the sniper rifles?
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 18, 2011, 12:09:40 am »

Amusingly enough, no. I did notice the Laser ones though. Though at least among the laser rifles, I like the classic one better.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 18, 2011, 10:35:17 am »

Since the snakemen reproduce like crazy, I could just sit back and fire, quickly training up all my troops.
how are you managing that? In my games the snake-men see my troops 4 or so metres before my troops see them. Combined with plasma rifles, this is decimating my force*.

* I'm not sure if this has changed since the original, or if I just don't remember, but most of my troops are in the hospital (and not dead), which means I have a whole screen of people collecting salaries and not doing anything. I still won't fire them (that would be mean), but it's starting to annoy me...

Really? Odd, because the snakemen don't really seem to do that with me. Plus, I do this after I've secured everything except the UFO. When they come through the door, they get blasted. Perhaps you are just unlucky. *Shrugs*

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 18, 2011, 12:40:12 pm »

Since the snakemen reproduce like crazy
Wait... the literally reproduce on the battlefield? was that in the original? ???

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 18, 2011, 01:10:22 pm »

Since the snakemen reproduce like crazy
Wait... the literally reproduce on the battlefield? was that in the original? ???

It was in the UFOpedia, but not actually in game. When they were making UFO: TTS, they added it in, so they now reproduce on the battelfield.

Also, those floating kidneys now act as radar too.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9