Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: blowguns, deadly or not?  (Read 603 times)

isabuea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
blowguns, deadly or not?
« on: September 19, 2010, 06:32:04 am »

Got a few hostile cave swallow blowgunners squatting in the caverns and i want to remove them from the cavern for obvious reasons.
Exactly how strong is their blow guns and what kind of preparations should i have my dwarf take before engaging them?

EddyP

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: blowguns, deadly or not?
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2010, 06:44:23 am »

Give the dwarfs decent metal armour, and they should be ok. The worst part about underground civs is the poisons they use, which can make your dwarves ill.

EDIT: A safe and amusing way to remove them is to do nothing, and let uninvited guests do your work for you. Though occasionally the UG dies as well.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2010, 06:46:51 am by EddyP »

Gearheart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2010, 06:52:45 am »

That will also occassionally result in the amusing scenario where you have two legendary cave swallow men which decimate your military in seconds.

isabuea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2010, 06:56:49 am »

Steel would be good right? got a flourishing metal industry just not really a military.
They also have 4 spearmen. problem or not to steel armour?

EddyP

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2010, 07:01:52 am »

That will also occassionally result in the amusing scenario where you have two legendary cave swallow men which decimate your military in seconds.

That's when you wait for the next guest with boiling blood.

jei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2010, 07:53:27 am »

Got a few hostile cave swallow blowgunners squatting in the caverns and i want to remove them from the cavern for obvious reasons.
Exactly how strong is their blow guns and what kind of preparations should i have my dwarf take before engaging them?

Just wait a bit and watch how some FB will slaughter the lot.
Engraved on the monitor is an exceptionally designed image of FPS in Dwarf Fortress and it's multicore support by Toady. Toady is raising the multicore. The artwork relates to the masterful multicore support by Toady for the Dwarf Fortress in midwinter of 2010. Toady is surrounded by dwarves. The dwarves are rejoicing.

jei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2010, 07:54:35 am »

Then you just breach the HFS and let the HFS deal with them.
Engraved on the monitor is an exceptionally designed image of FPS in Dwarf Fortress and it's multicore support by Toady. Toady is raising the multicore. The artwork relates to the masterful multicore support by Toady for the Dwarf Fortress in midwinter of 2010. Toady is surrounded by dwarves. The dwarves are rejoicing.