Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Amusement  (Read 1131 times)

ZhangC1459

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Amusement
« on: September 18, 2010, 07:35:18 pm »

Has anyone ever embarked on a human town and deconstructed random shit that they've built? I've deconstructed roads and bridges and stuff before, but not the actual town.  Do they attack you or something?

I know I've clear-cut an entire forest in an elf settlement before (I then pumped magma to the surface. Fucking elves) and they didn't do anything, but this might be different?

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
Re: Amusement
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2010, 07:37:13 pm »

Has anyone ever embarked on a human town and deconstructed random shit that they've built? I've deconstructed roads and bridges and stuff before, but not the actual town.  Do they attack you or something?

I know I've clear-cut an entire forest in an elf settlement before (I then pumped magma to the surface. Fucking elves) and they didn't do anything, but this might be different?
I've made a human town into a closed network once. I de-constructed a house to seal their evil ampersand lawgiver in the mead hall.
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

ZhangC1459

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2010, 07:42:03 pm »

so it doesn't make them go apeshit on you?

Excuse me, I have a large human temple with magma in the bottom to collapse.

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2010, 07:44:07 pm »

so it doesn't make them go apeshit on you?

Excuse me, I have a large human temple with magma in the bottom to collapse.
NEVER WASTE MAGMA!
Besides, that temple(wall off correctly) can function as the main hall of a fort.
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

ZhangC1459

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2010, 07:46:37 pm »

I'm not even going to make a fort with it! I just want to drop the temple on their heads, then abandon.

Emily

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2010, 11:06:53 pm »

You can undermine their keep--by which I mean steal its foundation--and kill everyone inside and they won't declare war or anything on you.

...though unfortunately human capitals are terrible for your framerate on crappy laptops, so I didn't get to finish my plan to turn the city into a magma lake.

ZhangC1459

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2010, 01:48:47 am »

You can undermine their keep--by which I mean steal its foundation--and kill everyone inside and they won't declare war or anything on you.

...though unfortunately human capitals are terrible for your framerate on crappy laptops, so I didn't get to finish my plan to turn the city into a magma lake.

How do I find a human capital? I have a nice laptop (6gb ddr3, i7 processor, nvidia geforce graphics card) so I think I could handle it... my fps doesn't lag too bad with 100 tiles of water falling into magma...

Xenos

• Bay Watcher
  • [DWARFINEER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2010, 02:54:10 am »

i7 doesnt help w/DF.  My laptop is running the second or third fastest i7 i could find from dell, 8GB RAM and I will lag occasionally.  It is because DF doesn't multi-thread :'(  If it did however, my computer would be a tiny god...
This is a useful feature..and this is DF.. so im gonna assume its bugged
That's what cages and minecart shotguns are for!  We don't need to control them.  We just need to aim them.
[DWARFINEERING]

ZhangC1459

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2010, 03:05:27 am »

Damn. Must be something else then< I haven't gotten massive FPS fail yet, and I've been neck-deep in kittens already.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2010, 03:12:50 am »

Has anyone ever embarked on a human town and deconstructed random shit that they've built?
Someone hasn't?

ZhangC1459

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2010, 03:54:39 am »

I've only just started up again. XD

Anyways, this thread is now about making a magma waterfall over the only path to the trade depot

Kregoth

• Bay Watcher
  • I had an army of cats once. guess what happened?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2010, 10:08:59 pm »

Has anyone ever embarked on a human town and deconstructed random shit that they've built?
Someone hasn't?
I have done this once although I tend to HFS them to death :)
Your not playing Dwarf Fortress right if you don't see a message saying a Kitten (tame) had died in some horrible manner over and over again.

ZhangC1459

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2010, 10:37:03 pm »

Someone hasn't?
I have done this once although I tend to HFS them to death :)

I did that to Elves. :D

Anyways, I got my magma cannon running... constant dripping magma onto a low point of my fort.  I've already holed up everything else.