Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Evil dead trees.  (Read 493 times)

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
Evil dead trees.
« on: November 02, 2007, 12:29:00 pm »

These bugs are probably a lot less interesting than the subject would imply, but at least Ash is involved.

I started a game in some evil hills on the edge of a mountain, and it said they would have trees.  Well, they did...DEAD trees.  I had ash and I think maple when I started, but they were all dead.  (I could cut them down alright.)

What's worse, after half a year or so I started seeing dead saplings.  Yes, they sprout, and then instantly die.  All of which means that there was wood when I got here, but there won't be any more ever again.  Besides the whole 'sprout and then die' just isn't very sensible.

I'm really hoping I find an underground lake or river, but it's a little unlikely at this point (though I did get a chasm).

Another dead tree bug:  They use the same icon for trees in winter, you know, the kind of stick looking one.  But when they're designated for cutting, they flash between 'dead tree' and the LIVE tree icon.

[ November 02, 2007: Message edited by: Sowelu ]

Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Rondol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Evil dead trees.
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2007, 12:46:00 pm »

I don't see any problem with "there never will be any more trees" problem... at least not until the area is no longer saturated with evil. The fact that saplings are able to sprout before dying, however, DOES seem quite odd.
lay IVAN -- Fear Dwarves!