Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Reducing Mineral Amounts  (Read 1015 times)

ungulateman

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: haunting moos]
    • View Profile
Reducing Mineral Amounts
« on: September 18, 2010, 09:31:26 am »

I'm starting to get annoyed at the sheer amount of ore and useless other stones I find in my layer stones. Is there a mod out there (or is someone willing to make one) that will result in less minerals?

I'm aiming for more than 40d, but enough to dig out an 11x11 area without striking something.
That's the great thing about this forum. We can derail any discussion into any other topic.
It's not an embark so much as seven dwarves having a simultaneous strange mood and going off to build an artifact fortress that menaces with spikes of awesome and hanging rings of death.

magistrate101

• Bay Watcher
  • That one kid.
    • View Profile
Re: Reducing Mineral Amounts
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2010, 01:12:02 pm »

I'm starting to get annoyed at the sheer amount of ore and useless other stones I find in my layer stones. Is there a mod out there (or is someone willing to make one) that will result in less minerals?

I'm aiming for more than 40d, but enough to dig out an 11x11 area without striking something.
There IS the Stone Annihilator :P

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2010, 01:57:14 pm »

It should be possible to reduce the frequency in the ENVIRONMENT and ENVIRONMENT_SPEC tags ( [ENVIRONMENT:SEDIMENTARY:CLUSTER_SMALL:100] ), but I never tried to do so, and have heard conflicting reports on whether it actually works. It's worth a try though. Technically, all you need to do is a search/replace for :100] into, say :20] in the inorganic_stone files (but watch what you're replacing in inorganic_stone_mineral, or you'll reduce the chance to get metal from ore).
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2010, 05:46:24 pm »

I suspect the various frequency values in there are only relative, so if you really want to make ores less common, you'll have to add additional stone types.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

ungulateman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2010, 02:26:25 am »

I think that either Genesis or Civ Forge had "dummy" stones in the minerals which were the same as the layer stones. I'll try something like that, perhaps.
That's the great thing about this forum. We can derail any discussion into any other topic.
It's not an embark so much as seven dwarves having a simultaneous strange mood and going off to build an artifact fortress that menaces with spikes of awesome and hanging rings of death.

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2010, 06:30:04 am »

Just have layer stones appear in themselves as clusters, veins, etc with high frequency, and the reduce frequency on the other minerals.
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

magistrate101

• Bay Watcher
  • That one kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2010, 10:13:22 am »

I think that either Genesis or Civ Forge had "dummy" stones in the minerals which were the same as the layer stones. I'll try something like that, perhaps.

no idea about these supposed "dummy" stones, i'm using genesis and so far have'nt hit any "dummy" stones D:

ungulateman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2010, 11:56:34 am »

Must have been Civ Forge then.