Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Underground civs (spoilers)  (Read 701 times)

EddyP

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Underground civs (spoilers)
« on: September 18, 2010, 07:32:29 am »

What do they actually do? I embarked on a site with amphibian men and olm men, and opened the caverns in time to see the olm men attacked be a FB, before a second FB appeared (covered in amphibian man blood and bearing wounds) and killed the olm men, along with its compatriot, with freezing/boiling extract.

So what now? It appears that the underground civs have been wiped out, but they still show up on the civ screen. Do they respawn? Are there other camps of them? Or are they merley static, one-time groups of enemies upon which FBs may take out their rage?

jei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Underground civs (spoilers)
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2010, 08:38:16 pm »

What do they actually do? I embarked on a site with amphibian men and olm men, and opened the caverns in time to see the olm men attacked be a FB, before a second FB appeared (covered in amphibian man blood and bearing wounds) and killed the olm men, along with its compatriot, with freezing/boiling extract.

So what now? It appears that the underground civs have been wiped out, but they still show up on the civ screen. Do they respawn? Are there other camps of them? Or are they merley static, one-time groups of enemies upon which FBs may take out their rage?

I got snakemen and antmen, who met the same fate as your cave civs, only my FB used a spear weapon to finish them. Interesting to watch. Was hoping for interesting trade, but never opened up the cave in time. Read someplace that they're hostile anyway.

Engraved on the monitor is an exceptionally designed image of FPS in Dwarf Fortress and it's multicore support by Toady. Toady is raising the multicore. The artwork relates to the masterful multicore support by Toady for the Dwarf Fortress in midwinter of 2010. Toady is surrounded by dwarves. The dwarves are rejoicing.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2010, 02:45:16 pm »

I've heard that it is possible for more members of underground civs to enter from the edge of the map.

I've never seen this happen myself though.
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2010, 02:50:16 pm »

Not much happens in vanilla.  If you have modded civs it's possible to get underground ambushers, thieves, babysnatchers, and even underground sieges.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.