Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Worst mood ever  (Read 3806 times)

Eugenitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Worst mood ever
« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2010, 08:38:15 pm »

Adamantine Hammers are for the captain of the guard and Hammerer, if any. Or for training. Put a Crundle in a pit with your adamantine hammerdwarf, wait for a while, and then get him a real hammer.

AngleWyrm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2010, 09:23:23 pm »

Worst mood ever: Urist has created "CreepyShrivelled", an alder toy boat worth 2400. My woodcutter is now a legendary woodcrafter in a world where wood is a rare and precious commodity. Guess he spent time whittling in his off hours.

Hans Lemurson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2010, 10:05:25 pm »

My understanding of adamantine weapons is that they are basicly origami made out of paper from hell.  They'll cut 'ya  real good, but won't do much else.
Foolprooof way to penetrate aquifers of unlimited depth.  (Make sure to import at least 10 stones for mechanisms)
Toughen Dwarves by dropping stuff on them.  (Nothing too heavy though, and make sure to wear armor.)
"Urist had a little lamb
whose feet tracked blighted soot.
And into every face he saw
his sooty foot he put."

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2010, 10:17:51 pm »

Not really terrible, just incredibly boring.

I mean, yeah silver is great for maces/war hammers but couldn't you have at least used some of my abundant bones... or glass... or gems. Was possessed too so no legendary for me even.

Psychobones

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2010, 11:36:52 pm »

Seriously? Quit yer' bitchin'. 8 years since embark on one of my favorite forts, I haven't had a single damned mood. I'd be happy for just about anything as far as a mood goes.

AngleWyrm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2010, 11:45:03 pm »

Have you perhaps modded max population to a low number?

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 19, 2010, 11:46:14 pm »

Or accidentally turned off artifacts in d_init.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Psychobones

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 19, 2010, 11:52:47 pm »

Dwarves are dead. the 16 dwarves I've got is all there is. I expected children to fill out the pop later, but so far, 8 years, 6 marriages, and nothing doing.

Nope, default game, no init mods, not even autosave.

Da Spadger

• Bay Watcher
  • WINDMILL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 20, 2010, 12:00:24 am »

Dwarves are dead. the 16 dwarves I've got is all there is. I expected children to fill out the pop later, but so far, 8 years, 6 marriages, and nothing doing.

You need 20 dwarves for moods, iirc.
While flooding by mining is done slowly, tediously and by accident, flooding by dwarven engineering is done with great speed, endless vigor and also by accident.

ZhangC1459

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 20, 2010, 12:02:08 am »

What he said

Psychobones

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 20, 2010, 12:03:50 am »

I know. :) but 8 years after embark, and Mrs.Urist still refuses to consummate the marriage with Mr.Urist. I'd have gotten a nullification by now to be honest. Honestly can't say I ever expected to have to try and convince someone to have sex...

lolghurt

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:failures]
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 20, 2010, 08:28:47 am »

I know. :) but 8 years after embark, and Mrs.Urist still refuses to consummate the marriage with Mr.Urist. I'd have gotten a nullification by now to be honest. Honestly can't say I ever expected to have to try and convince someone to have sex...

go to the creature_standard file and remove [MULTIPLE_LITTER_RARE] from the dwarves. see if it helps.
Quote from: acetech09 date=1343968486
It's probably made from baby bone, with a handle of baby leather. Probably uses the leg bones wound together for the handle, the pelvis for the handle/pick joint, and the pick is the spine.

But that's all in theory, of course. Not like I've made a pick out of my own 5 month old baby before.

bumblepuppy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 20, 2010, 08:36:42 am »

Nope, default game, no init mods, not even autosave.

8 years and no kids?! I have a fort similar to yours where almost everyone is married with kids. There's I think five artifacts in the list as well. One of the miners has even popped out eight of the buggers.

Idle moooooore.

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 20, 2010, 09:09:54 am »

Adamantine Hammers are for the captain of the guard and Hammerer, if any. Or for training. Put a Crundle in a pit with your adamantine hammerdwarf, wait for a while, and then get him a real hammer.
Ok, I've seen this twice now... wth is a "Crundle"?
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

Dr. Hieronymous Alloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 20, 2010, 09:11:49 am »

Am I the only one who actually works to control what artifacts he gets?

You can dramatically increase the probability of getting a weapon/armor artifact by having starting dwarves with appropriate skills and non-moodable skills opposite them (I tend to go cook/armorer, weaponsmith/brewer).

You can dictate precisely what artifacts are made from by forbidding non-desired materials and/or locking the workshop door and putting small stockpiles of ideal materials right outside it.

Once the artifact's started production, you can save-scum to get the precise artifact you want (shield, axe, etc.)

The only problem is if the dwarf has a particular like -- a dwarf who likes high boots will make high boots if he gets an armor mood, a dwarf who likes copper will want to use copper if he gets a weapon mood, etc.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4