Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Ultra-pacificist humans  (Read 1300 times)

caknuck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Ultra-pacificist humans
« on: September 17, 2010, 04:53:34 pm »

So I genned up a world in .13 and ran into an issue with a nice prospective fortress location being the home of a family of giants. So off we go with a little adventurer-served eviction notice.

Buuut....

On my way to the site, I ran into a little human sprawl. So, axe in hand, I step into the first cabin. There's maybe 10 of so humans hanging around inside minding their own business. So I cut the first one down, expecting the zerg rush to start. But it doesn't. So I cut down the second. And the third... And then the second cabin, followed by a few more.

And the rest just stand idly by, waiting their turn at the axe blade. Except for the last one standing in the cabin, they get all sorts of gouging and limb-breaking fun, too.

Now the new mechanics don't make NPCs notable right away, listing them as "Human Weaver" etc. So I pause part way through the slaughter to strike up a conversation (just so this massacre victim counts as a notable kill). So off we merrily chat, and he tells me about his family and the surroundings, despite the fact that I just lopped off his lower arm. And then I kill him and the rest of his family.

Man, Adventure Mode *is* (temporarily) broken.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2010, 04:57:39 pm by caknuck »
Quote from: Primary
*Kneels before Urist Dickpuncher*

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok Cultist - Calligrapher
    • View Profile
Re: Ultra-pacificist humans
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2010, 09:22:42 am »

Its all to make way for the future... It had better be to make way for a better future  :-\
I Like To Think Of Myself As An Artist - I Create Masterpieces With My Tools Of Trade.

Miko19

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2010, 02:44:11 pm »

Oooooh, I just WANT to set the world on fire...

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok Cultist - Calligrapher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2010, 10:56:44 pm »

Edit the RAWs
Become a Magma Man
Set the world on fire
-
Have fun!
I Like To Think Of Myself As An Artist - I Create Masterpieces With My Tools Of Trade.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2010, 08:45:45 pm »

Edit the RAWs
Add a reaction that creates a flaming rock you can toss.
Set the world on fire
-
Have fun!
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

monkeyfetus

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring:terrible puns]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2010, 12:11:11 pm »

It's a bug with the new population tracking. The people you're killing aren't historical figures, and I don't even think they have names until you talk to them. Because of this, by killing them you aren't becoming an enemy of their civilization, it's as though they aren't a part of it at all. If you want to become an enemy, try talking to them before you attack.
Why does my adventurer keep crying?
Greiger's is actually correct...  sadly enough.  The emotional circumstance processor is still turned on, with a randomly rolled up personality, but they can't express themselves or take control...  they can only cry.