Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: OCD, for you and for me !!  (Read 1925 times)

gtmattz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:BEARD]
    • View Profile
Re: OCD, for you and for me !!
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2010, 05:59:41 pm »

...Is there a way to specify what kind of rock ...
Z-Stone menu, disable everything you don't want your dorfs making stuff from.  Turn stuff back on when you want to use it.  One of the first things I do in a new fort is go in and disable all the stones and only turn them on individually when I am ready to start making stone things.
Quote from: Hyndis
Just try it! Its not like you die IRL if Urist McMiner falls into magma.

Bronze Dog

• Bay Watcher
  • Kobold Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2010, 06:04:50 pm »

Ah, thanks. Not quite as elegant as typing just the right thing in for the manager, but I'll take it. Should also make things easier when I absolutely want to make sure I'm making magma safe stuff when I start my first magma pump stack.
Bronze Dog has been feeling rather happy lately. He is fond of scimitars, black bronze, turquoise, and kobolds for their underdog status.

Xenos

• Bay Watcher
  • [DWARFINEER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2010, 06:07:00 pm »

I just use volcanoes...that lets me not deal with pump stacks ;)

speaking of magma, time to get a working model of that ttmv up...
This is a useful feature..and this is DF.. so im gonna assume its bugged
That's what cages and minecart shotguns are for!  We don't need to control them.  We just need to aim them.
[DWARFINEERING]

Canalan

• Bay Watcher
  • A Chainsaw! Find some meat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2010, 06:14:36 pm »

My hallways are always 7 tiles wide with pillars in the middle with five spaces in between each pillar.
My workshops are organized by material used (wood, stone/ore, food) and are always nestled in 3x3 rooms with a two tile wide entrance off the hall.
I make identicle apartmets for each dwarf, and noble/legendary rooms are a variaton of the apartment design.  My dining rooms are 7x7, and there are always two.
Walls below ground must be natural.  And smooth, at least.
All inhabited areas must be free of loose stone.  No exceptions.  Ever.
These are just the most obvious symptoms of my OCD.  The funny thing is, I am only super OCD in games...

AMRIV

• Bay Watcher
  • [MISCHIEVIOUS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2010, 10:41:32 pm »

My fort has to be symmetrical.
The map must be flat and covered in grass (to facilitate burning).
The walls/floors all have to be the same material.
Mechanisms must all be of the same quality and material in related operations. Material variation is allowed for color coded levers.
When possible all furniture must be masterwork quality.
All regular dwarfs must have identical accommodations.
All stone items must be made of obsidian except in cases where color is relevant.
All dead dwarfs must be cremated in magma to preserve space sustainability.
All industry must be sustainable indefinitely. Exceptions for limited run items acceptable for certain desirable materials.

I also have plans to drop all earth below layer -3 into the magma sea to prevent it's irregularity marring the orderliness of the fortress within.

I'm actually too picky to be able to play DF as much as I'd like since I'm sometimes frustrated by some poor design choice or another and need time off to let my mind refresh for a new fort.

Oh, and I've recently become picky about my expedition leader's aptitudes and likes/dislikes.
Pages: 1 [2]