Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [38c] My dwarf adventurer grew fins  (Read 718 times)

Doctor Lucky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[38c] My dwarf adventurer grew fins
« on: March 10, 2008, 02:54:00 pm »

This world was generated on 38a, but I'm now playing in 38c.

I decided to take a shortcut across the mouth of a bay and train up swimming at the same time.  I made it across, but after climbing out on to the beach, I couldn't find a route up off the beach (cliffs everywhere).  I used 'T' to exit to the map, which had me still on the water square.  I tried moving to land in the map mode.  The progress bar took a while, and then I found myself back in the water having an encounter.

Interestingly, I think I was *underwater* (that is, I had a +1 map full of water on the right).

More interestingly, I have lost all my equipment, I'm now described as "Peasant", and I've got fins instead of arms, etc.

Oh, and I can't seem to climb back out of the water.

Is this one of those things my mother warned me about like "your face will freeze like that," brought on by too much swimming?

I have before-and-after saves if needed.  Mind you the 'before' is from about 50 world-squares back.

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [38c] My dwarf adventurer grew fins
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2008, 03:19:00 pm »

A were-carp? Armok save us!

;)

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2008, 08:19:00 pm »

This usually means your id number became equal to the id number of wilderness creature somehow.  It's happened a few times before, but I'm not sure what starts it up.  The saves won't help unless they are right before it happened and it reproduces.  It will probably be pretty hard (or impossible if it's not a condition that saves) to get a save that would help.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Align

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2008, 09:58:00 am »

If only the description became "Were-creature" or something it'd be an awesome feature, rare as it is.
My stray dogs often chase fire imps back into the magma pipe and then continue fighting while burning and drowning in the lava. Truly their loyalty knows no bounds, but perhaps it should.