Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12

Author Topic: Bring Someone Else's Role Mafia[Baking Rolls]  (Read 25243 times)

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Bring Someone Else's Role Mafia[Sign-Ups]
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2010, 08:53:02 pm »

Sure

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2010, 08:55:04 pm »

In, then.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2010, 08:58:48 pm »

Cool.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2010, 09:56:21 pm »

Innnnnnn
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2010, 01:20:32 pm »

This can replace Vote Mafia, once that's over. In when the time comes.
Dude, you don't want to be messing around with imperial assloads.  The conversion rate to horseloads is atrocious.
Rules are for suckers.

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie thinks you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2010, 06:05:42 pm »

I want in this party! Role sent.
My soul has been freed by the King of the Mafia.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2010, 04:43:18 pm »

Bump?

Lonewolf I

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2010, 10:51:06 pm »

Have role.  Sending.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2010, 11:00:18 pm »

Ok, down to two games.  Sending role in a minute.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2010, 11:27:17 pm »

This sounds so epic in so many ways. I want in, partly for the mass hysteria that follows in my wake in mafia games, and partly because I want to see what kind of crapshot role I'll get. Sending.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie thinks you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2010, 12:23:00 am »

This sounds so epic in so many ways. I want in, partly for the mass hysteria that follows in my wake in mafia games, and partly because I want to see what kind of crapshot role I'll get. Sending.

God damn it breadbocks, why do you want in? Why do you keep trying to play a game that you have said several times you are horrible at? A game in which you don't help your team mates, have no interest in getting better, and generally fail miserably?

Some of your quotes to refresh your (and the host's) memory:

Either way, I'm in this for the lulz. No way I want to play this straight scumhunting.

First question: The part I don't understand is why TEAMWORK doesn't have an "F", a "U", or an "N" in it.
Next question: Fine. Spartan webadict, are you scum, DRRRR?

Summery of the rest of it: I don't like the game. It is a huge timesink, it is confusing, and at this point, I don't really care about it.

Also, can I get a modkill and spoilspec, so I can leave?

I recommended killing me off. I'm no good at mafia, and I would be an asset to the scum as a bad town. And yes. I am partial roleclaiming. The round is already over, and unless I miscounted, I'm dead. My role is about to be told to all anyways. Yes. I'm saying I'm killing Jokerman-EXE.

I'm not trying to avoid being lynched. Again, the simple fact is, I will only hurt the town. I'm incredibly bad at scumhunting, my natural tendencies are towards acting scummy, and all around, the town would be better off without me. I've done what I can to help by poisoning Jokerman, but that about the extent of my usefulness.  OPPOSE EXTENSION.

Why do you insist on inflicting this pain on yourself and others? Go take a look at the Roll To Dodge board, there are a lot of fun games going on there too, and you needn't be good at scumhunting!

My soul has been freed by the King of the Mafia.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2010, 12:37:02 am »

Except he seems to be better at Mafia than you.

OHHHHHHHH!
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2010, 01:46:01 am »

God damn it breadbocks, why do you want in? Why do you keep trying to play a game that you have said several times you are horrible at? A game in which you don't help your team mates, have no interest in getting better, and generally fail miserably?

I used to talk like him, and now I'm one of the best players on the board (... most of the time.  Pick Your Scumteam was a bit of a crapshoot).  Give him some more chances, doodabuddy.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2010, 01:53:37 am »

Because if you get the right people in the right type of game, it's can be pretty damn fun.

Some of your quotes to refresh your (and the host's) memory:

Either way, I'm in this for the lulz. No way I want to play this straight scumhunting.

First question: The part I don't understand is why TEAMWORK doesn't have an "F", a "U", or an "N" in it.
Next question: Fine. Spartan webadict, are you scum, DRRRR?

Summery of the rest of it: I don't like the game. It is a huge timesink, it is confusing, and at this point, I don't really care about it.

Also, can I get a modkill and spoilspec, so I can leave?
Was first game, and I was having trouble. See, thing is, I thought all mafia games are all stabbing at people and no... er...
Quote from: Pandarsenic link=topic=65727.msg1580931#msg1580931
COW

CUBE

COWUBE

I recommended killing me off. I'm no good at mafia, and I would be an asset to the scum as a bad town. And yes. I am partial roleclaiming. The round is already over, and unless I miscounted, I'm dead. My role is about to be told to all anyways. Yes. I'm saying I'm killing Jokerman-EXE.

I'm not trying to avoid being lynched. Again, the simple fact is, I will only hurt the town. I'm incredibly bad at scumhunting, my natural tendencies are towards acting scummy, and all around, the town would be better off without me. I've done what I can to help by poisoning Jokerman, but that about the extent of my usefulness.  OPPOSE EXTENSION.
I think it is quite obvious I was aware that I had outlived my role's use, and recognized that I would be a liability to the town. So we didn't have a repeat of BM14

Why do you insist on inflicting this pain on yourself and others? Go take a look at the Roll To Dodge board, there are a lot of fun games going on there too, and you needn't be good at scumhunting!
It. Is. Fun. Besides, just your reactions are hilarious. We you include all of the hysteria my playing has caused so far, if I make even a fraction of that, it would lead to a hilarious read-through. Also, I do have an interest in getting better. Step one to rehabilitation is to understand you have a problem. I'm well on that path. And Vector does lend an interesting example of what level of skill someone like me can get too with enough practice.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Elegy

• Bay Watcher
  • sw33ter than sugar :33
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2010, 01:56:18 am »

i will be the best player. the best ever.
You could check announcements.txt and see what events might trigger that line.

EDIT: And hide all your picnic baskets.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12