Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Black and White game is out, and here are the pokes  (Read 7740 times)

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
Re: New Black and White pokemon are out
« Reply #60 on: September 18, 2010, 04:37:11 pm »

and #576. Those three will be my team.

Though that's kind of what sucks about pokemon. Alot of these will be appearing late in the game and you probably wont be able to use them much.

Anyway I've seen some videos of the game on youtube. It doesn't really look too great, but I hope they can do it right. The pokemon have little animations and you can do 3 vs 3 now but I dont see any kind of new features really.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
Re: Black and White game is out, and here are the pokes
« Reply #61 on: September 18, 2010, 06:47:20 pm »

Though that's kind of what sucks about pokemon. Alot of these will be appearing late in the game and you probably wont be able to use them much.
I always either trade the Pokemon I want to play the game with from another game or I edit my saves to include the Pokemon I want to play the game with (or I do both by editing the save of one of my games to include the Pokemon I want to play a new game with, then trading them off to another game).
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #62 on: September 18, 2010, 07:56:08 pm »

Whats up with the title, even though this is not about the game, "Black and White"?
I got nothing

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 18, 2010, 08:30:31 pm »

I always either trade the Pokemon I want to play the game with from another game or I edit my saves to include the Pokemon I want to play the game with (or I do both by editing the save of one of my games to include the Pokemon I want to play a new game with, then trading them off to another game).
I always want to do that but it just seems like too much of a hasle. I think if you beat the game you should be able to choose any pokemon as a starter in some kind of new game+

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 18, 2010, 08:49:59 pm »

Whats up with the title, even though this is not about the game, "Black and White"?
"and here are the pokes"
its Poke-threadmon.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 18, 2010, 09:18:51 pm »

About half are passable, about half plunge to new lows of monster design. Zuruzukin and Maggyo look like the worst offenders in my opinion. Also, there are a LOT of (pseudo/)legendary looking pokemon. Still, it'll doubtlessly end up in my collection, at least eventually.
Dont even make bad jokes.
Zuruzukin is the most fucking awesome pokemon.
Everybody just stop posting and go and look at #560.

Just go. Go look at its glory. I am going to buy this game just becuase that pokemon exists.

#512 is also awesome. I dont even care about the rest of them. Some look ok but whatever.

Don't some always look stupid? I always felt that Scyther was a dumb looking pokeman.
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 18, 2010, 09:30:38 pm »

Some are meant to look ugly. They are placeholders so the better looking ones would stand out.

This is similar to how if you go to supermarket to buy chips, you'll find a couple of their flavours are not appetizing. The chip companies don't sell a lot of these less popular flavours, but their presence adds up to the variety of the flavours across the product line, boosting the sales of more popular flavours.

We call them loss leader.
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 18, 2010, 09:33:41 pm »

What about the cool looking but not very well competitive pokemon? (Like Charizard)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 18, 2010, 09:51:23 pm »

I always felt that Scyther was a dumb looking pokeman.
I should slap you upside the head. Scyther is a badass pokemon.

Though yeah there are some dumb ones. Tangela for example. I mean really. It just looks as pathetic as hell. That's probably why it's only in one little section of the entire game. People probably just went out into the tall grass and genocided it becuase it's so lame.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 18, 2010, 11:03:24 pm »

Or Shuckle.  Shuckle can go to hell.

And kakuna.  Man, who has the patience to do that?  You gotsta raise them from Weedle, why would you even catch a kakuna/metapod on its own?
Shoes...

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 18, 2010, 11:48:32 pm »

And kakuna.  Man, who has the patience to do that?  You gotsta raise them from Weedle, why would you even catch a kakuna/metapod on its own?
to get their attacks harden and stringshot. Even though those are pretty shitty attacks. Also I think it's so you can get their final form in the early game.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 18, 2010, 11:49:23 pm »

Can't you get that stuff from just evolving it from Weedle though?
Shoes...

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 18, 2010, 11:52:26 pm »

Beedrill sucks in all tiers of the game, but Butterfree is a godsend if you started the game with Charmander.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 18, 2010, 11:58:11 pm »

Can't you get that stuff from just evolving it from Weedle though?
Oh no wait. I thought you were talking about it being a pain leveling a Kakuna into a bedril.

I know what you're talking about now. You can weaken them before they harden. Like using fire will probably cut them in half. Then you can just take away the rest of the hp easily becuase you will be doing one damage. So no acidental kill. It's really alot less of a pain then leveling up crappy weedle who dies to everything.

Seriously, why cant I capture dead pokemon? Is it against some code of ethics?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 18, 2010, 11:59:56 pm »

because it would probably stay dead in pokeball energy form.
that would be a waste of a pokeball.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6