Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Gobln Fortresses  (Read 435 times)

Uratashi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Gobln Fortresses
« on: September 16, 2010, 01:14:15 pm »

I can't find any Goblin fortresses, what do they look like on the map? E.g. A crown.

I've been loing around for 5 minutes now. Are they rare, or am I just not looking for the right symbol?

Deathworks

• Bay Watcher
  • There be no fortress without its feline rulers!
    • View Profile
Re: Gobln Fortresses
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2010, 01:32:06 pm »

Hi!

Goblin towers are depicted by the Greek letter Pi, which is also used for cabinets, I think, if you don't use the default fonts. They vary from grey to pink in color and are only built on mountain tiles.

I also recommend exporting the map data as this gives you also a file with a site list where you can actually check whether there are any goblins alive in your world (my first successful gen in .13 had several dark towers, but they had all been conquered by the humans - there were goblin administrators, though (^_^;;

Deathworks

Uratashi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2010, 01:53:18 pm »

Hm. Yeah, I can't find any. And I'm not sure what you mean by exporting the map data.

Deathworks

• Bay Watcher
  • There be no fortress without its feline rulers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2010, 02:08:23 pm »

Hi!

At the end of world generation, when you are asked whether you want to keep the map or discard it, there is also an option to export a map image (I think 'p' is the key).

At the moment, my copy is genning a world, so I can't test it, but in legend mode, you should also be able to export the normal map, I think.

The map itself is a bitmap image of the world map (legend mode offers some variants for that).

Deathworks

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2010, 02:14:47 pm »

Sites don't seem to actually show up on the world map anymore in 0.31.13 unless there's a bunch of them clustered really close together (i.e. if the entire map tile is occupied).
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.