Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Blood spatter removal in Linux to save FPS?  (Read 1284 times)

jei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Blood spatter removal in Linux to save FPS?
« on: September 15, 2010, 09:25:43 pm »

Any simple way to mod away all the blood spatter in Linux?

It seems to be eating ridiculous amounts of FPS.

Engraved on the monitor is an exceptionally designed image of FPS in Dwarf Fortress and it's multicore support by Toady. Toady is raising the multicore. The artwork relates to the masterful multicore support by Toady for the Dwarf Fortress in midwinter of 2010. Toady is surrounded by dwarves. The dwarves are rejoicing.

Optimiztic

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Blood spatter removal in Linux to save FPS?
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2010, 10:34:34 pm »

Doesn't look like it. Has to be cleaned off, which requires idle workers. You might want to consider closing off the bloodied area for cleanup while your cleaners take care of the mess.

A single bloody tile can bloody an entire fortress, after all. (If you are super bored, you can probably mod all the creatures blood into dust or gas. But that will take time.)

sockless

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2010, 12:55:11 am »

Use DFhack and use the DFcleanup tool, which removes all the vomit and blood on the map.
Iv seen people who haven't had a redheaded person in their family for quite a while, and then out of nowhere two out of three of their children have red hair.
What color was the mailman's hair?

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2010, 07:34:04 am »

Use DFhack and use the DFcleanup tool, which removes all the vomit and blood on the map.
Those don't exist for Linux yet, which was what prompted the question in the first place.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Vince

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2010, 07:38:30 am »

You could use Wine or upload your save for a Win user to delete the splatter for you.
Although I don't think the splatter affects the framerate that much.

jei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2010, 11:29:48 am »

You could use Wine or upload your save for a Win user to delete the splatter for you.
Although I don't think the splatter affects the framerate that much.

If it doesn't, then I don't know what causes my forts, no matter the size or game style I play with, to slow down to 1-2 FPS by their year 5. I didn't have such problems in 40d with seasonal blood cleaning up, but all 2010 versions have done this to me.

Engraved on the monitor is an exceptionally designed image of FPS in Dwarf Fortress and it's multicore support by Toady. Toady is raising the multicore. The artwork relates to the masterful multicore support by Toady for the Dwarf Fortress in midwinter of 2010. Toady is surrounded by dwarves. The dwarves are rejoicing.