Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: is this creepy? also platonic relationship starting help  (Read 13081 times)

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: is this creepy? also platonic relationship starting help
« Reply #45 on: September 16, 2010, 07:56:09 am »

TALK TO HER

Everytime someone makes a thread like this, I want to smack someone.
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 16, 2010, 12:44:30 pm »

Has he posted the poem yet?  I want to read it.
Shoes...

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 16, 2010, 12:58:34 pm »

Has he posted the poem yet?  I want to read it.

roses are red
violets are blue
i folowed you home
plaese be my frend

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 16, 2010, 01:01:01 pm »

I thought it's:

Roses are red
Violets are blue
I want to make a leather
Jacket out of you.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

WhiskerMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 16, 2010, 01:51:13 pm »

well, that only took 20 minutes to get working. i scanned this in at 600dpi for some stupid reason and had to save as png-8 as opposed to 24 so there's some dithering. it's also about 4MB. i hope you guys think it's as awesome as i do. link.

just so you know the poem is pretty deep and filled with metaphor and if you don't understand something don't worry, just think about it a bit longer. it's really all quite brilliant and must be read several times to garner full appreciation.

i'll do something about the stories later. i'll probably wind up typing them up when i get some more time as my writing is pretty much illegible.

as for how today went: well, i sat next to her. she didn't say anything, as i predicted. furthermore i have an excellent excuse if she does say something, i'll say i moved there because i couldn't see the board from my other seat. she actually completely ignored me and didn't even seem to notice i was there! i don't know if this is a good thing or a bad thing. i also checked out my school's library for manga but amazingly enough they didn't have GANTZ or Battle Royale so i'll have to try something else. i dug through her facebook profile pictures and found a still from an anime with the subtitle "Just according to keikaku" which apparently is derived from Death Note so i have another lead over there.

all in all you guys have been a pretty great help. i figure i'll wait about a week until she's used to me sitting next to her then strike up a casual conversation and say hi.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 16, 2010, 01:56:35 pm »

Oh, WhiskerMeister. That guy is like a gold mine, only with trollinium instead of aurum.

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 16, 2010, 02:10:15 pm »

Doodle stuff, if it's a boring lecture (and they all are), she's bound to take interest in it. Making fun of the teacher is also a great ice breaker. Once you start talking, veer the conversation towards making leather jackets out of human skin, and compliment her complexion.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 16, 2010, 02:18:44 pm »

Unless I misunderstood, the thing about his poetry being good was a joke. He's not seriously that arrogant, at least. His ironic tone just didn't carry well into the text, which is something that someone who needs advice to get a friend would believably not realize.
I'm afraid the "poem" proves beyond doubt that you were wrong on this one.

Eagleon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #53 on: September 16, 2010, 02:23:45 pm »

He ignored me ._. I feel so rejected.

(Seriously though, regarding pohm, it's not terrible. Just not holy-shit awesome. The way you describe it you make it sound like you're claiming to be Robert Frost or something. It's setting yourself up to be made fun of. Keep writing, love what you write, put everything into it to get better, just don't expect everyone to love everything you write. Seems like more important advice than the girl here, assuming you're really not being ironic about it :P)
Agora: open-source, next-gen online discussions with formal outcomes!
Music, Ballpoint
Support 100% Emigration, Everyone Walking Around Confused Forever 2044

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 16, 2010, 02:45:18 pm »

Honestly, I don't think silly formatting counts as avant-garde anymore.

Then again, she's a tenth-grade weeaboo, maybe she'll love it.
Shoes...

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 16, 2010, 03:05:41 pm »

I think someone hacked into Armok's secure storage and downloaded an earlier version of him, and used that as the basis for WhiskerMeister
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 16, 2010, 03:10:51 pm »

I am glad you posted the poem. It's absolutely terrible. Like, bad enough that I can't pretend it's good. Really bad.

Post the stories!!

Just talk to her. You clearly don't know anything about making friends, and you aren't intelligent enough to be able to anticipate how they'll react to you, so stop making up these bizarre schemes.

I mean, holy shit. Honestly, man, she probably doesn't have any friends. She's probably lonely and socially inept, like you. Break the goddam ice.

I think someone hacked into Armok's secure storage and downloaded an earlier version of him, and used that as the basis for WhiskerMeister
I think I love you. No homo.

WhiskerMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 16, 2010, 03:22:37 pm »

I am glad you posted the poem. It's absolutely terrible. Like, bad enough that I can't pretend it's good. Really bad.
i don't think you understood it. i suggest you read it again carefully and spend more than a few seconds parsing it. i've written analyses on its brilliance trying to figure out why it was so good so i can make another just like it. it's easily my magnum opus. i'm open to criticism but when your comments are clearly made simply because you didn't 'get' it i don't think that's constructive

i'll type up the stories i guess but they're not as good, let me warn you. unless you'd rather see my illegible scribblings.

ILikePie

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me Ron
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 16, 2010, 03:25:54 pm »

You actually needed a scanner for that? You could have typed it in under a minute. Also, you don't praise your own art.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2010, 03:30:45 pm by ILikePie »

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 16, 2010, 03:28:53 pm »

i don't think you understood it. i suggest you read it again carefully and spend more than a few seconds parsing it. i've written analyses on its brilliance trying to figure out why it was so good so i can make another just like it. it's easily my magnum opus. i'm open to criticism but when your comments are clearly made simply because you didn't 'get' it i don't think that's constructive

i'll type up the stories i guess but they're not as good, let me warn you. unless you'd rather see my illegible scribblings.

I would also really love to see the analyseeze (this is how you spell the plural of "analysis").
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8