Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Colonization of the Americas mod  (Read 5904 times)

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
Re: Colonization of the Americas mod
« Reply #45 on: September 19, 2010, 06:24:01 pm »

There's a bit of peru at the bottom of the map. They can live there.

The Doctor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 19, 2010, 07:01:44 pm »

:P

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 19, 2010, 07:17:22 pm »

I found the tool he used to get North America.  Perfect World DF

Svarte Troner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 20, 2010, 05:59:28 am »

You should split the native americans into plains (Sioux), jungle (Aztec, Mayan, whatever), forest (Iroquois, Huron) , coastal (Kwakiutl), and northern/tundra (Inuit) or something... Just a thought.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2010, 08:07:00 am by Svarte Troner »
That metal guy that pops up sometimes in places
To put it simply, Dwarf Fortress is the Black Metal of video games.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 20, 2010, 01:16:12 pm »

The 1600's was actually the yime period I was going for. And I wasn't only doing North America empires; I just happened to have a map of it.

Then Britain in this mod should technically be England, seeing as the UK didn't exist.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2010, 01:20:03 pm by Owlbread »

Aramco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 21, 2010, 05:22:33 pm »

The 1600's was actually the yime period I was going for. And I wasn't only doing North America empires; I just happened to have a map of it.

Then Britain in this mod should technically be England, seeing as the UK didn't exist.

I always figured they were completely interchangeable. Oh, well, I do like England better. I will change it.
Or maybe there's a god who's just completely insane and sends you to Detroit, Michigan in a new body if you ever utter the name "Pat Sajak".

The Doctor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 21, 2010, 05:24:00 pm »

England is the southern part, possibly with the addition of Wales and Cornwall, Britain is + Scotland.

Aramco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 21, 2010, 05:25:01 pm »

England is the southern part, possibly with the addition of Wales and Cornwall, Britain is + Scotland.

Oh I see.
Or maybe there's a god who's just completely insane and sends you to Detroit, Michigan in a new body if you ever utter the name "Pat Sajak".

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 22, 2010, 05:48:12 pm »

I always figured they were completely interchangeable. Oh, well, I do like England better. I will change it.

No, Britain was always a union of several countries under one "national banner". After all, I'm Scottish but I'm British by law.

Think of the Soviet Union. I know it's tempting to think it, but that wasn't just all Russia now, was it?  If it helps your time scales, the UK was only created in 1707.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2010, 03:32:50 pm by Owlbread »

Aramco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 24, 2010, 06:24:08 pm »

No, Britain was always a union of several countries under one "national banner". After all, I'm Scottish but I'm British by law.

Think of the Soviet Union. I know it's tempting to think it, but that wasn't just all Russia now, was it?  If it helps your time scales, the UK was only created in 1707.

Was the Russia in america at the time? I think they were. Ah, well, I'll get around to it. Sometime. I've been a bit busy lately, so production will be slowed a bit. I will get it done. Too many mods have been abandoned before completion.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 24, 2010, 07:23:43 pm »

Was the Russia in america at the time? I think they were. Ah, well, I'll get around to it. Sometime. I've been a bit busy lately, so production will be slowed a bit. I will get it done. Too many mods have been abandoned before completion.

I know that Alaska was bought from them at some point.

nbonaparte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 25, 2010, 12:33:59 am »

Russia acquired Alaska in 1733, a little too late for this mod. I don't think there's a need for Russia.
A service to the forum: clowns=demons, cotton candy=adamantine, clown car=adamantine tube, circus=hell, circus tent=demonic fortress.

charl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 25, 2010, 04:36:49 am »

If you are doing the Carribean as well you'd need the Danish too. Personally I'd just merge Denmark-Norway and Sweden into one civ called Norse or Scandinavian or something.

Shadowclaimer

• Bay Watcher
  • Looks like cat for dinner.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 25, 2010, 05:19:23 am »

Yea the primary civilizations that had a hand in North America were England, Spain, France, Portugal, and the Dutch.

http://lajhsslab.com/Colonial/images/map_claims.gif

Very rough but that hits mainland America pretty easily, the Carribean was all over the map though for everyone.

Man Pirate and Native American attacks would be freaking cool, too bad there aren't boats or having to maintain a Port to trade with your homeland would be awesome.
Advanced Civilizations (0.40.X+)

Former creator of Metallurgy, Atum, Aquaculture, and Agriculture for Minecraft and Toxic Worlds for Starbound.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 25, 2010, 07:37:19 am »

If you are doing the Carribean as well you'd need the Danish too. Personally I'd just merge Denmark-Norway and Sweden into one civ called Norse or Scandinavian or something.

But surely that would be unfair on those unique nations, given that we're happy to have England, Spain, France and Portugal seperate. I just think it'd look a bit odd is all I'm saying, although I know it's hard to cram all these in. Practically everybody was involved in America at some point, it's entirely up to yourselves.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2010, 07:41:55 am by Owlbread »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5