Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: King-ly Bugs  (Read 892 times)

GauHelldragon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
King-ly Bugs
« on: November 21, 2006, 05:41:00 pm »

I just got the queen and her consort. On the unit list they are sorted between craftdwarves and fisherdwarves, instead of with the rest of the royalty.

Also: the equipment they brought with them was not marked as being "imported" like most immigrant gear... I don't know if this is a bug or not, but no other immigrant does this..

I don't know if this is a bug or not as well, but the queen has no preferences. No likes or dislikes

[ November 21, 2006: Message edited by: GauHelldragon ]

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
Re: King-ly Bugs
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2006, 11:51:00 pm »

The placement comes from the ordering within the program -- the royal units have special colors, so they are earlier on the list.  I can fiddle with it so that it looks nicer.

It probably bypasses the non-wealth flag for their equipment, though there's an offchance you offered them a lot of clothes.  They'll wear the best offerings you sent.

The prefs thing is an issue I knew would happen, but I haven't found a way through it yet, since the king/queen are generated prior to the civs settling down, so it doesn't know which materials are accessible for the civ.  It has to come back and hack their brains in to place later, but it doesn't do that yet.

The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Sobaalissimo

Re: King-ly Bugs
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2006, 02:47:00 am »

Well, they are kings and queens - they sholudn't be limited to things available to your civ. They could order some marmaid leather shoes or yeti skull totems, they should have some fancy royal needs.
This will make the player eager to trade with other civs (or to attack them as soon it's implemented).