Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Russian programmer kill DF!!  (Read 8288 times)

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
Re: Russian programmer kill DF!!
« Reply #60 on: September 16, 2010, 03:34:28 am »

HOW DARE ANYONE EVER MAKE A GAME THAT IS SIMILAR TO THIS GAME THAT MOST OF US LIKE

BEHEAD THOSE WHO INSULT DWARF FORTRESS
Inorite?  I am a huge fan of metroidvania games, and I know I would be terribly offended if someone else made another game where you explored a large side-scrolling world while collecting movement upgrades.  TERRIBLY.  OFFENDED.  I would probably play them to death that's how much I would hate them.  And if one of them took place with a (mostly) spacesuited hero on an alien world trying to save the universe from a galactic menace, and dared to have upgrades like "jump higher" and "missiles"...well, that would be intellectual property theft.  Plain and simple.

LINK PLEASE
I got nothing

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 16, 2010, 03:37:30 am »

Er, sorry, that was hypothetical.  But point well proven I trust?
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #62 on: September 16, 2010, 03:44:22 am »

I now want to make a sci-fi horror game about a bounty hunter chick in a suit of powered armor.

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 16, 2010, 06:48:13 am »

Indeed, we have become a bunch of rabid fan boys.

Fanboyism here became worse after some people started to saying Toady was a bad programmer, that he doesn't know what he is doing, and that he should open source DF, as he hasn't any right over it. Most of these people are now fanboys of the DF-Clones.

Pillow_Killer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 16, 2010, 07:38:48 am »

Summarises this thread quita nicely. Pathetic.
Quote from: x2yzh9
every man faps to every person he knows/likes. I've done that for about 2 girls that I've liked really, and it's because they have big boobs. 'Nuff said amirite?

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 16, 2010, 08:11:33 am »

When I see that I can't think of anything more than a psychotic Kermit the Frog... I don't know why...

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 16, 2010, 09:22:08 am »

Fanboyism here became worse after some people started to saying Toady was a bad programmer, that he doesn't know what he is doing, and that he should open source DF, as he hasn't any right over it. Most of these people are now fanboys of the DF-Clones.
WHAT? Rabid fanboys changing sides? That's really confusing... Oh and people saying that Toady dosen't have any rights over the source code are ****ing stupid, honestly it's HIS game HE has the rights to do whatever the hell he wants with it.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2010, 09:30:41 am by Dwarf mc dwarf »

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 16, 2010, 10:29:22 am »

WHAT? Rabid fanboys changing sides? That's really confusing... Oh and people saying that Toady dosen't have any rights over the source code are ****ing stupid, honestly it's HIS game HE has the rights to do whatever the hell he wants with it.

Not to mention he's totally paying for it himself.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 16, 2010, 10:36:47 am »

who here, please raise you hands, no longer plays DF very much because after the novelty of complexity wore off you are left with a clunky play experience? go on raise your hand!

FIX ADVENTURE MODE, TOADY! PLEEEEESE

Fort mode is for armchair engineers. Adventure mode is for armchair mass murderers.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

janekk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 16, 2010, 10:50:04 am »

who here, please raise you hands, no longer plays DF very much because after the novelty of complexity wore off you are left with a clunky play experience? go on raise your hand!
*Raises hand* DF is amazing game but I just have to spend too much time in menus. Smaller forts are ok but at some point it gets too big to manage it comfortably. I would really like to see some improvements in interface, its cool to get all this fun new stuff but it doesn't fix its basic flaws. With decent accessible interface and some graphics improvement DF would dramatically gain popularity = more donations.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 16, 2010, 12:23:54 pm »

*Raises hand* DF is amazing game but I just have to spend too much time in menus. Smaller forts are ok but at some point it gets too big to manage it comfortably. I would really like to see some improvements in interface, its cool to get all this fun new stuff but it doesn't fix its basic flaws. With decent accessible interface and some graphics improvement DF would dramatically gain popularity = more donations.
how about donating double so toady can hire a assistant to do most of his dirty work.

janekk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 16, 2010, 12:31:33 pm »

If I'll get job, sure why not. Also its funny how eager are other people to spend your money  :P.

Captain Hat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 16, 2010, 01:20:59 pm »

You know, I just realized that I haven't donated to Toady, ever. I've been playing his game for nearly 4 years and I haven't donated. Then I see a thread like this and, and I'm even more appalled. I'm not really even worried about this, I don't think they can duplicate what has taken Toady years to build up, and the stuff they're using was free to begin with, it's not a big deal.

Enjoy your coming donation Toady, as soon as PayPal puts the monies in my account that is...

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 16, 2010, 04:10:40 pm »

Summarises this thread quita nicely. Pathetic.
Right because you know the nationality of everyone who posted on this thread.  ::)

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 16, 2010, 07:52:47 pm »

And also that everyone of the USA is lawsuit-happy and that the comment made about suing was dead serious to begin with.

We really have a habit of blowing things out of proportions here.

Welcome to the Internets. Please check your rationality at the front gates. Beverages and snacks will be served in the main foyer. Don't forget to pick up your complimentary rageguy.gif T-Shirt! Enjoy your stay. Internets: We Take Bzns Srsly.
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6