Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Sengoku Rance - Is it Allowed?  (Read 19998 times)

jasonred79

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sengoku Rance - Is it Allowed?
« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2010, 04:05:45 pm »

Games and the internets VS money and sex?

lol what a contest.

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2012, 08:04:00 pm »

necroed because against all probability searching for this game in google out of horrified interest led me here.

You people...

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2012, 08:39:50 pm »

Anything to actually say about the game? It's pretty good, actually. Especially considering what's being considered.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 12, 2012, 11:15:30 pm »

2 Year bump. I don't think this is actually going ot happen.

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 13, 2012, 01:03:52 am »

Anything to actually say about the game? It's pretty good, actually. Especially considering what's being considered.
2 Year bump. I don't think this is actually going ot happen.
Just... just let it sink back into the depths.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2012, 10:37:34 am »

nyhohoho

I approve of this lets play
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2012, 12:59:46 pm »

Someone else please do a LP of this. I was going to start it up again, but then I remembered how fucking hardcore (as in difficult) the game gets and I don't really feel like going through that again.
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2012, 03:34:38 pm »

It'd be really hard to let's play well if not in video format. It's a visual novel, so most of the fun is in the text, and hell if anybody wants to transcribe all that text.

GreatJustice

• Bay Watcher
  • ☭The adventure continues (refresh)☭
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 19, 2012, 03:49:10 pm »

Its not a hard game to win by any means, but its a hard game to win quickly/in a way that gets lots of points.
The person supporting regenerating health, when asked why you can see when shot in the eye justified it as 'you put on an eyepatch'. When asked what happens when you are then shot in the other eye, he said that you put an eyepatch on that eye. When asked how you'd be able to see, he said that your first eye would have healed by then.

Professional Bridge Toll Collector?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 19, 2012, 04:00:27 pm »

I agree that this would be awesome but likely tedious.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 19, 2012, 05:03:24 pm »

Its not a hard game to win by any means, but its a hard game to win quickly/in a way that gets lots of points.
Let me rephrase: It'd be hard to let's play in any meaningful way, as most of the game is in cutscenes, and they can drag on a lot. If you want to convey the cutscenes, you'd either have to type all of them out by hand (have fun with that), or do it in a video.

The game is in no way especially challenging.

Jarod Cain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 21, 2012, 02:54:43 am »

If I had the time & internet right now to do this, I'd be sorely tempted to make the attempt. Unfortunately, I don't.
-J-
-Self Proclaimed Constitutional Monarch of Utah-
-Card carrying Ambassador of Bad People Territories-
Paddledwork

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 21, 2012, 03:05:38 am »

It'd be really hard to let's play well if not in video format. It's a visual novel, so most of the fun is in the text, and hell if anybody wants to transcribe all that text.
My LP is basically a space opera, and I transcribe all of the text by hand :P
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Jarod Cain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 21, 2012, 03:19:48 am »

Yeah, thats what I'd do, complete with cute little avatars of characters. The ero scenes would be the the most difficult things to do. Depending on things, I'd probably find offsite hosting for the scenes themselves even though I'd still end up adding censoring (much like the Tsukihime LP on the archive). Images, not sure about, though those would probably be linked to in those scenes behind more NSFW tags when appropriate.

One of the things with Rance is that he's really the absolute worst kind of person imaginable, but he's somehow gone so far over the moral event horizon that he's come back around, couple that with a bizarre childlike honesty and you end up with an absolutely hilarious MC. Hyper Weapon™ indeed.

Edit: There really is something wrong with me to be seriously considering doing this... Especially when I currently don't have internet at home (working on fixing that this week).
-J-
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 03:25:45 am by Jarod Cain »
-Self Proclaimed Constitutional Monarch of Utah-
-Card carrying Ambassador of Bad People Territories-
Paddledwork

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 21, 2012, 03:34:28 pm »

The bit with
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
suggests that he genuinely doesn't know what he does is wrong. He's not that bad. And the game makes sure to treat him like a chew toy for it, so it all kinda balances out in my head. He treats women well enough (Always making sure they at least enjoy it, never doing something he knows is wrong, etc. One of the things that make him berserk is the mistreatment of ladies, soo....), and he's semi reasonable outside of it.
Pages: 1 2 [3]