Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Sengoku Rance - Is it Allowed?  (Read 19996 times)

Untouchable

• Bay Watcher
  • Gary Busey Smile Time Variety Hour
    • View Profile
Re: Sengoku Rance - Is it Allowed?
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2010, 08:59:51 pm »

Aye, but if it were a cat o'nine, that'd be skin-tight leather instead of frills. Maid = duster :P

Wouldn't be surprised if it was a fail on the designer, but featherduster was fairly obviously the intent. The particular trio she's a part of has a bit of a theme going, heh.

While I agree with you, I have to say... A Cat-o-Ninetails actually fits the theme going perfectly as well  :P

Not really;

There's the bladed featherduster, a frying pan attached to a chain with a sickle on the end (If my memory serves me) and a girl who has poisoned tea.

Of course if you're pointing out the fact that she's absolutely batshit insane then I'll give you that point.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2010, 10:49:06 am »

Alright, I'm just about ready to start, but I need an answer for one simple question:

I transferred over my old saves from the Japanese version, and while the saves don't work correctly, the bonus unlocks seem to work fine. I have 15 bonus points, 10 of which I used for an extra action fan; but that leaves 5 points which I can use to add a bonus character to my ranks.

So the question is whether I should use those points or attempt to get by without them?

Also, does anyone have a better method of taking screenshots? Vista's PrintScreen+Ctrl-V is very time consuming.

Untouchable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2010, 10:57:13 am »

Go either Elina, Morita Ai or Takakura Kamei. Elina comes with All Guard Shikigami, Morita Ai is a good warrior with good stats while Takakura Kamei is more powerful than the leader of the musketeer house (not as good as the chick from them though) and comes with two action points.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2010, 11:26:01 am »

My vote is Elina, I just like defense

Myroc

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking Skeleton
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2010, 01:04:08 pm »

Also, does anyone have a better method of taking screenshots? Vista's PrintScreen+Ctrl-V is very time consuming.
There are a ton of screenshot utilities out there that will take a picture and automatically save it in a folder you specify at the press of a button.

And my vote goes for the Tactician.
We all have problems. Some people just have more awesome problems than others.
Getting angry is fun. Getting angry over petty things even better.

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2010, 02:56:15 pm »

"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2010, 09:08:08 am »

Whats the combat like??? What kind of genre. I like my Jap games with good game/combat systems, heck the eroge used to be what I looked for when I was younger. Some of them just fit others are just sex games. But now days I just see the eroge as a bonus to a good game if its worth it...  ^_^
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2010, 09:20:19 am »

Whats the combat like??? What kind of genre. I like my Jap games with good game/combat systems, heck the eroge used to be what I looked for when I was younger. Some of them just fit others are just sex games. But now days I just see the eroge as a bonus to a good game if its worth it...  ^_^

Subtle bump

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2010, 09:22:41 am »

Yes and no... Blaze is kinda a Jap Game junky, more so then myself, heck if Blaze says its good I might download it as long as there is an English patch.... Someday I gotta get around to FULLY learning the language...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2010, 03:06:12 pm »

Go for the musketeer. WE MUST HAVE GUNS!

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2010, 07:11:51 pm »

Miko brothel Institute

...wait, what? Granted, unlike nuns, miko aren't expected to remain chaste their entire lives, but leaping from that to prostitute seems like a bit of a jump.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2010, 07:39:30 pm »

Not in Sengoku Rance, it isn't. Specifically, the Miko Institute (Which is a country within the game, possessing normally only one province), has the tradition of having the miko within sleep with anyone who wins a lottery... and Rance, who loses more than once.

Though there isn't any mention of paying for the lottery, so they're not technically prostitutes, in a literal sense of the word.

EDIT: Amusingly to me, the actual eroge parts aren't terribly interesting; it's the rest of the game that's pretty neat. I'd love to see more alternate history stuff like the Rance world has going, in whatever genre this game's considered to be. I could never really get into the Romance of the Three Kingdom games (except that RPG-ish NES one that was translated, which was pretty neat.), but the characters and world in Rance has some kinda' spark that the RoTK stuff never seemed to have, imo.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2010, 07:44:38 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Untouchable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2010, 07:28:50 am »

It shall rise again!

Or at least someone should do it since I'm screwed on my save.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Hyo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2010, 10:31:11 pm »

Uh, so, is this LP still going on or something? O.o

And Takeda isn't that bad. It's usually defeatable within ~40 turns... But then again, I do play with bonuses...

On my first playthrough, I didn't bother with the Takeda at all, and thank god I didn't.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2010, 08:55:29 am »

You'll have to wait for a bit longer I'm afraid. My job's been pretty busy and I'm not passing up the opportunity to make overtime. My partner's also been demanding more affection than usual these last few weeks.

I do have my priorities after all.
Pages: 1 [2] 3