Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Sengoku Rance - Is it Allowed?  (Read 19997 times)

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
Sengoku Rance - Is it Allowed?
« on: September 15, 2010, 11:37:32 am »

I received the game as a gift ages ago and played it a couple of times. It's Nintendo Hard fun, but it was Japanese and playing it was slow due to my low Jap-reading skills.

I just learned it now has an English patch available, so I wondered if I could do an LP for it.

The thing is...
1. I'm practically playing blind since the patch also changed a lot of game mechanics.
2. It's an eroge.
3. I've never really done an LP before. All my experience was from reading other LP's; out of which only two have been completed.

For the eroge part, if I leave out all the H-scenes and replace them with horrible sexual innuendo it should balance out and still be within forum rules right?

As for the game... Game's set in the Sengoku period of Japan. Our job is to take over Japan. Think Nobunaga's ambition and replace Nobunaga with a tactless sexual satyr and you've probably got the game in a nutshell.

Here's some screenie's.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 11:41:34 am by Blaze »

Samio

• Bay Watcher
  • ˙uǝʌǝ ʇ,uop ı sıɥʇ sı ʇɐɥʍ
    • View Profile
Re: Sengoku Rance - Is it Allowed?
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2010, 02:20:58 pm »

I assume that as long as you keep the steamy hot sex scenes out, it'll be all right.

Untouchable

• Bay Watcher
  • Gary Busey Smile Time Variety Hour
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2010, 07:46:12 pm »

So long as you avoid the H-Scenes then it should be fine. Sengoku Rance is a surprisingly good game anyways.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2010, 07:57:30 pm »

Might I ask why they want the panda?

Untouchable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2010, 08:45:50 pm »

I personally have no idea. You can recruit a couple of beastmasters but they aren't that great in combat. However, the two beastmasters you can get from the satisfaction bonus (getting Rance laid) are great thanks to having 8 for negotiation and search.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2010, 08:49:15 pm »

My best guess is that guy stole their Panda which is either one of the character's pets or one of their national treasures.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2010, 08:50:09 pm »

My best guess is that guy stole their Panda which is either one of the character's pets or one of their national treasures.

In Japan?

Untouchable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2010, 09:01:41 pm »

In Japan?

No, It's JAPAN! See, it's all in capitals (that's how it's written in game) so it's totally different.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2010, 09:46:18 pm »

Japan has had a relationship with China for longer then Japan had a written history.

Though this is some weird Japan... I thought Japan was a series of islands. When in the world was it just one?
« Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 10:44:01 pm by Neonivek »

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2010, 06:28:47 am »

Can we name cities/lands?
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2010, 08:13:18 am »

During the mountain hiking event; He found it and goes "Hey I should capture it to give it to the girls." followed by the line above.

Japan has had a relationship with China for longer then Japan had a written history.

Though this is some weird Japan... I thought Japan was a series of islands. When in the world was it just one?
Since the greater youkai learned proper use of the handwavium element.

Can we name cities/lands?
If you mean as a feature in-game no, but if you want to name it yourself I don't mind. Hell, you can call it "Fleshpoles the Throbbing of Shafts" and I doubt Rance would even bat an eye.

I'll probably get to work on it tomorrow.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2010, 06:01:56 pm »

Totally watching this. Just started playing the translated version for the first time myself and -- middling quality eroge junk notwithstanding -- it's got some really neat stuff going on. I actually kinda' like Rance, which is disturbing, 'cause I'd normally harsh pretty badly on rapists. My near total lack of direct experience with eroges in general means I find a lot of the characterization in general to be impressive, as games of this sort go.

90% sure Sengoku Rance wins the award for "Game With Most Awesome Featherduster."
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

P.S. WELCOME TO MEDIEVAL JAPAN, AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

EDIT: Next screen from awesomeduster is kusagami and... ...frying pan? Doomstach dude is awesome too. ... I totally want to defect to these people!
« Last Edit: September 16, 2010, 06:07:04 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2010, 07:18:31 pm »

That looks more like another device already invented called a Cat-o-nine-tails except with blades.

Especially seeing as a bladed Featherduster would keep its cone of influence.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2010, 07:24:37 pm »

Aye, but if it were a cat o'nine, that'd be skin-tight leather instead of frills. Maid = duster :P

Wouldn't be surprised if it was a fail on the designer, but featherduster was fairly obviously the intent. The particular trio she's a part of has a bit of a theme going, heh.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2010, 08:21:08 pm »

Aye, but if it were a cat o'nine, that'd be skin-tight leather instead of frills. Maid = duster :P

Wouldn't be surprised if it was a fail on the designer, but featherduster was fairly obviously the intent. The particular trio she's a part of has a bit of a theme going, heh.

While I agree with you, I have to say... A Cat-o-Ninetails actually fits the theme going perfectly as well  :P
Pages: [1] 2 3