Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 22

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.13 Released  (Read 114846 times)

brucemo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.13 Released
« Reply #225 on: September 18, 2010, 05:28:59 am »

If I am a dwarf mode player, should I mess with this patch?  From what I have read it sounds like an adventure mode patch mainly, that broke or at least severely impaired dwarf mode.

MaDeR Levap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: September 18, 2010, 05:36:15 am »

I personally wait for 0.31.14. Or even 0.31.15. Anyway I cannot play without Dwarf TheRapist and I except finding needed offsets will take some time (new complier = starting hacking from scrath).

anacrucis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: September 18, 2010, 06:43:15 am »

dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/local/lib/libstdc++.6.dylib

same thing here. Toady apparently used an independently built gcc rather than the one that is part of the Mac dev tools.  It's looking for libstc++ library from its install directory. otool shows it will look for:

/usr/local/lib/libstdc++.6.dylib
/usr/local/lib/libgcc_s.1.dylib

from the gcc build location.  Easily solvable by putting the dylibs in with the archive and adjusting the search path but I wonder why Toady used a custom-built gcc in the first place.

Any chance we could get a clarification of this workaround for those of us pointy-ears trying to hack this with a X<Alder Shortsword>X?

foop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: September 18, 2010, 06:44:46 am »

New Mac one up.  Hopefully that works.

Works for me (Snow Leopard & Leopard).  Thanks, Toady.

Totaku

• Bay Watcher
  • The little oni that strikes the earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: September 18, 2010, 06:47:16 am »

/usr/local/lib/libstdc++.6.dylib
/usr/local/lib/libgcc_s.1.dylib

Do I need both of those or just the top one?

New Mac one up.  Hopefully that works.

Ok the problem is still happening...

Now we have a new error that I will report here...

dyld: lazy symbol binding failed: Symbol not found: _pthread_mutexattr_destroy$UNIX2003
  Referenced from: /Users/.../Desktop/df_osx 0.31.13/libs/libstdc++.6.dylib
  Expected in: /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib

dyld: Symbol not found: _pthread_mutexattr_destroy$UNIX2003
  Referenced from: /Users/.../Desktop/df_osx 0.31.13/libs/libstdc++.6.dylib
  Expected in: /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib

/Users/.../Desktop/df_osx 0.31.13/df: line 5:  1207 Trace/BPT trap          ./dwarfort.exe

Anyone else getting this error with the release of the mac version of DF?

Again, using a Mac Intel Core 2 Duo Tiger 0.10.4.11

I wonder if this is simply due to my OS now since I notice most newer compiled mac programs don't seem work with Tiger's OS.

I would like this to be checked first to see if this is the case though and if it is possible to fix.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2010, 08:25:17 am by Totaku »
That's one small step for man, one giant leap for Otakukind!

And maker of the mod in progress known as Suika Fortress Now for 0.34.xx!

Marasmusine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: September 18, 2010, 07:09:04 am »

Framerate went from 25 FPS in .12, to 40 FPS in .13 (Windows 7; AMD Phenom)
But, maybe I'm going insane, but the dwarves now seem to be moving agonizingly at half the speed, and it's taking twice as long for seasons to pass.
Does world size make a difference? Although I used the default size in both cases.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2010, 07:13:26 am by Marasmusine »

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: September 18, 2010, 08:08:39 am »

World Size should not effect you in-game on Dwarf Fortress mode to any degree worth saying.

MC Dirty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: September 18, 2010, 09:22:47 am »

Could it be that this version doesn't work with Windows XP, SP 1? Because it says "The procedure entry point DecodePointer not found in library DLL KERNEL32.dll". I tried installing the Service Pack 2 or 3, but it doesn't work, so that's bad. :(
« Last Edit: September 18, 2010, 09:39:35 am by MC Dirty »

Malibu Stacey

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: September 18, 2010, 10:39:36 am »

Could it be that this version doesn't work with Windows XP, SP 1? Because it says "The procedure entry point DecodePointer not found in library DLL KERNEL32.dll". I tried installing the Service Pack 2 or 3, but it doesn't work, so that's bad. :(

Earlier post in this same thread.

The prodcedure entry point DecodePointer could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll.

Anyone else got this error, or is it just me?

Bad sectors on my Hard Drive and a corrupt MFT are preventing me from updating Windows XP to SP1, so my guess is that's probably it...

...Oh well, I'll soldier on, in true Dwarven style!

If you can't get SP3 on your XP install you've got bigger problems than just not being able to run Dwarf Fortress.
I bursted out laughing so hard at this that my dog woke up, came in the room, and looked at me like I'm an idiot.

Then proceeded to brag about how he has 27 kills on his kill list and is super-doggenly tough. 

magistrate101

• Bay Watcher
  • That one kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: September 18, 2010, 11:37:10 am »

I'm using service pack 3, and the game (and all of the graphics packs + mods) work just fine :\

Quatch

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_ GRADSTUDENT]
    • View Profile
    • Twitch? Sometimes..
« Reply #235 on: September 18, 2010, 12:01:41 pm »

Mac OSx 10.6 (recent patches): runs, although I havent tried loading my game yet.

Here's what it puts out to the commandline:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
SAVE THE PHILOSOPHER!
>>KillerClowns: It's faster to write "!!science!!" than any of the synonyms: "mad science", "dwarven science", or "crimes against the laws of god and man".
>>Orius: I plan my forts with some degree of paranoia.  It's kept me somewhat safe.

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: September 18, 2010, 12:02:06 pm »

If I am a dwarf mode player, should I mess with this patch?  From what I have read it sounds like an adventure mode patch mainly, that broke or at least severely impaired dwarf mode.

I wouldn't really call DF updates patches (for one thing, they don't overwrite the old version), but in any case nothing good happened to fortress mode (aside from a few bug fixes), it's harder to find a spot to embark on, worldgen takes longer, and it's even harder to find quests in adventure mode now that the human towns got replaced with an experimental update. Personally I'd stick to 3.12 until all the kinks get worked out.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

Deathworks

• Bay Watcher
  • There be no fortress without its feline rulers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: September 18, 2010, 12:05:55 pm »

Hi!

I wouldn't really call DF updates patches (for one thing, they don't overwrite the old version), but in any case nothing good happened to fortress mode (aside from a few bug fixes), it's harder to find a spot to embark on, worldgen takes longer, and it's even harder to find quests in adventure mode now that the human towns got replaced with an experimental update. Personally I'd stick to 3.12 until all the kinks get worked out.

I have to disagree. While the defaults for world gen are not ideal, with a little bit of experience, you should be able to create a usable world. And the bugs that have been fixed are not unimportant. I mean, now we can hope to have dwarves sleeping in their proper beds rather than in the barracks or wherever. Diplomats allegedly will also not destroy your fortress any longer.

So, I think that if you are willing to put some thought into it, this update is definitely worth it, especially for fortress mode.

Deathworks

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: September 18, 2010, 12:29:58 pm »

People are kicking up a fuss at using default worldgen params for a radically different worldgen procedure (the addition of sprawl). If you just want a fort with no care for history, why insist on an oversized region with overaged history? Yes, "create new world now!" sucks now - but you were never forced to stick with it.

Now if you have issues with the "unusable" migrants we occasionally get in .13, then that is a much more convincing reason to stick with .12 for the time being.
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: September 18, 2010, 12:33:51 pm »

.13 brings some relatively minor bug fixes to fortress mode, and brings new bugs (can't mine adamantine at all, broken immigrants).  Ultimately it's the player's choice which version to play, but I'd also suggest sticking with .12 until the next bug fix release.
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 22