Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 22

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.13 Released  (Read 114814 times)

Spreggo

• Bay Watcher
  • A vile force of darkness has arrived!
    • View Profile
    • skullsprout games
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.13 Released
« Reply #60 on: September 15, 2010, 01:46:37 pm »

Hm... is there supposed to be Mountain Halls on every single mountain tile?

Deathworks

• Bay Watcher
  • There be no fortress without its feline rulers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 15, 2010, 01:50:04 pm »

Hi!

Okay, I had my first crash at the end of world gen. It seems that finalizing 5,000+ sites was a bit much for it, so it called it quits after over 1,000...
Now I am quickly trying to gen again with a few civs less and only to year 400 instead of 1050.
Let's hope that this is a one-time thingie for me.

Deathworks

Darkchampion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 15, 2010, 01:56:43 pm »

Yeah the sprawl is a little nuts. To the point where the majority of the map is covered in unembarkable farm sprawl.

However, other than my inability to forcibly evict farmers at the edge of an axe so that I can found a fortress where I damn well please, I haven't noticed any new bugs yet.

gtmattz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:BEARD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 15, 2010, 02:00:38 pm »

Is it possible to change the font used in 'true type mode'?  And if so, how?
Quote from: Hyndis
Just try it! Its not like you die IRL if Urist McMiner falls into magma.

Salabasama

• Bay Watcher
  • Cyber-elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 15, 2010, 02:01:53 pm »

I've noticed a river/stream that is one Z level higher than most of the surrounding terrain.

It has a 1 tile wall around it, with no ramps to get on top, which is how I noticed it while bumbling around as an adventurer wondering why there seemed to be no people in the world.  I will preserve the save if it matters at all.
I keep thinking glacier fortress would be fun, but it always ends up as cave layer fortress.

Grax

• Bay Watcher
  • The Only.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 15, 2010, 02:09:57 pm »

(*)stopped building destroyer diplomats/traders from destroying things

Why? It was the part of the *fun*. ;-)

Elephantman liaison: "Oops! I didn't want to crush that, sorry! Oh, the stool cracked down! Errr, please tell me where's broom, i have to clear up here all these potsherds..."

Elephantman traders: "What the hell, why are you using those fragile wooden tables? What's the use in this pottery flowerbeds!.. Oh, you made your depot so small!"
Finis sanctificat media.

smariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 15, 2010, 02:13:22 pm »

I've noticed a river/stream that is one Z level higher than most of the surrounding terrain.

It has a 1 tile wall around it, with no ramps to get on top, which is how I noticed it while bumbling around as an adventurer wondering why there seemed to be no people in the world.  I will preserve the save if it matters at all.

Replace data/art/font.ttf; I replaced mine with a sans-serif font, because serifs are the root of all evil. Special exception for the capital letter 'I', which is royalty and deserving of serifs, unlike all the other commoner letters of the alphabet.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 02:18:50 pm by smariot »
Likes schrödinbugs for their reality destroying implications.

metime00

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Dwarf Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 15, 2010, 02:20:14 pm »

There's so much sprawl XD I don't even know what i'm going to do with all those extra slaughter monkeys!
Live long if you can, and prosper by any means necessary.  Any means, Urist.  So pull that lever, or by Armok, I'll lock you outside come next siege.
He who plays with dwarves must take care that he does not become a dwarf.  And when you stare into DwarfFort, Dwarffort stares back into you.

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #68 on: September 15, 2010, 02:22:01 pm »

Of course the catastrophic crashes and things are the stuff I'm most interested in right after a release, and I'm curious about the DLLs if people are getting errors there, so I can rebundle it.

No DLL problems over here, on Windows Vista SP2.
Probably I will get problems with Genesis mod v3.12, where I'm adjusting creature counts and civilizations for myself.
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

gtmattz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:BEARD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 15, 2010, 02:22:33 pm »

Replace data/art/font.ttf; I replaced mine with a sans-serif font, because serifs are the root of all evil. Special exception for the capital letter 'I', which is royalty and deserving of serifs, unlike all the other commoner letters of the alphabet.

You quoted the wrong post, but thanks!
Quote from: Hyndis
Just try it! Its not like you die IRL if Urist McMiner falls into magma.

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 15, 2010, 02:26:00 pm »

I can't embark in villages for some reason.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #71 on: September 15, 2010, 02:35:45 pm »

Everyone, if you want to post speed-up reports, consider putting them at
http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/DF2010:System_requirements/Archived_reports

I use the one-line format
X fps, Z x Y size embark, X citizens, X war and X tame animals, 0-3 cavern layers (opened yes/no, path yes/no). X million wealth. X stones dug (from stocks screen). (water and magma flow description).
and please mention how much CPU speed your computer has.

ps. one fort mode season (100800 ticks) is: 67 minutes at 25 fps, 34 minutes at 50 fps, 17 minutes at 100 fps.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 02:38:29 pm by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

smariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 15, 2010, 02:36:49 pm »

You quoted the wrong post, but thanks!

I have brought dishonour upon my family, as well as the capital letter 'I'. I will be forced to hang my head in shame for as long as my dwarves and their descendants shall live. Which I expect to be not very.
Likes schrödinbugs for their reality destroying implications.

Spreggo

• Bay Watcher
  • A vile force of darkness has arrived!
    • View Profile
    • skullsprout games
« Reply #73 on: September 15, 2010, 02:37:40 pm »

:( There is almost no where to embark, the map is starting to look more like modern times...

Maybe it is just the world I gen'd but the map is 2/3's full save some fields and glaciers. Still haven't found a mountain that is embarkable.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 02:39:26 pm by Spreggo »

Cespinarve

• Bay Watcher
  • Lege lege lege relege labora et invenies
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 15, 2010, 02:50:35 pm »

*said the Knight to the vanished text*

IS that a "The Fool's Errand" joke???
Nice one, not sure when I'll be feeling like killing a baby but these things are good to know.
This is why we can't have nice things... someone will just wind up filling it with corpses.
Arrakis teaches the attitude of the knife — chopping off what's incomplete and saying: "Now it's complete because it's ended here."
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 22