Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 22

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.13 Released  (Read 114829 times)

metime00

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Dwarf Fortresser
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.13 Released
« Reply #75 on: September 15, 2010, 02:51:10 pm »

:( There is almost no where to embark, the map is starting to look more like modern times...

Maybe it is just the world I gen'd but the map is 2/3's full save some fields and glaciers. Still haven't found a mountain that is embarkable.

And worse is that there's nothing interesting in the towns. :( I'll come back when it's all ironed out and/or there's more information on the changes.
Live long if you can, and prosper by any means necessary.  Any means, Urist.  So pull that lever, or by Armok, I'll lock you outside come next siege.
He who plays with dwarves must take care that he does not become a dwarf.  And when you stare into DwarfFort, Dwarffort stares back into you.

Jiri Petru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 15, 2010, 02:54:01 pm »

Huh. Interesting. I don't see any real changes to the entity raws other than the population increase.

Does this mean that all of the new off-site population methods are controlled by the site type?

Seconding this question. The entity_default.txt file seems to have changes (has a new date) though I can't find the actual changes in it.
Yours,
Markus Cz. Clasplashes

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 15, 2010, 03:05:23 pm »

And here I thought .12 was fast. Small island up and running in 15 seconds. ON A LOW-POWER NETBOOK.

EDIT: There is the problem that in adventure mode, it hangs every ~40 steps I take, and runs perfectly fast when not hanging.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 03:12:31 pm by freeformschooler »

smariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 15, 2010, 03:06:32 pm »

Seconding this question. The entity_default.txt file seems to have changes (has a new date) though I can't find the actual changes in it.

I did a diff on it for you, here's the changed/added lines:

Code: [Select]
[ENTITY:MOUNTAIN]
[START_GROUP_NUMBER:10]
[ENTITY:FOREST]
[ENTITY:PLAINS]
[START_BIOME:ANY_FOREST]
[BIOME_SUPPORT:ANY_OCEAN:3]
[BIOME_SUPPORT:ANY_RIVER:1]
[ENTITY:EVIL]
[START_BIOME:MOUNTAIN]
[BIOME_SUPPORT:ANY_WETLAND:1]
[BIOME_SUPPORT:ANY_DESERT:1]
[BIOME_SUPPORT:ANY_FOREST:2]
[BIOME_SUPPORT:ANY_OCEAN:1]
[BIOME_SUPPORT:ANY_LAKE:1]
[BIOME_SUPPORT:MOUNTAIN:3]
[BIOME_SUPPORT:ANY_GRASSLAND:1]
[BIOME_SUPPORT:ANY_SAVANNA:1]
[BIOME_SUPPORT:ANY_SHRUBLAND:1]
[ENTITY:SKULKING]
[ENTITY:SUBTERRANEAN_ANIMAL_PEOPLES]
Likes schrödinbugs for their reality destroying implications.

Khift

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 15, 2010, 03:08:15 pm »

I just got a migrant who is Adequate in the skill Military Tactics. I am... intrigued and perplexed.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I don't see any changes in skills compared to before when looking through my old dwarves...

MaDeR Levap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 15, 2010, 03:23:30 pm »

Seems like 0.31.14 will be very soon.

To recap, people reported:

Beeskee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 15, 2010, 03:27:23 pm »

For the SDL license, could you include a "about.txt" file in the archive rather than recompiling all the old versions?
When a wizard is tired of looking for broken glass in his dinner, he is tired of life.

Malicus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 15, 2010, 03:28:42 pm »

In the farmland houses, are there supposed to be twelve or so humans just standing around (including one always blocking the entrance)?  That seems rather cramped.

chewie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 15, 2010, 03:31:28 pm »

(*)made cursor center on buildings properly when linking them up to a lever etc.
   (*)made units check the validity of targets more often (counters certain interrupt spam)
   (*)make rock short swords use the proper material for the final product

+Obsidian short sword+ finally what it says on the tin? Awesome.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 15, 2010, 03:35:10 pm »

I might want to test .13 to see if embark everywhere still works... and or the silly stuff that is in it from a force embark.
other than that gutted adventure mode seems kinda a pass to me.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Makbeth

• Bay Watcher
  • His lower body is melted.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 15, 2010, 03:38:51 pm »

I've noticed a river/stream that is one Z level higher than most of the surrounding terrain.

It has a 1 tile wall around it, with no ramps to get on top, which is how I noticed it while bumbling around as an adventurer wondering why there seemed to be no people in the world.  I will preserve the save if it matters at all.

Dwarven New Orleans.
Diso Faintpuzzles was born in 120.  Although accounts vary it is universally agreed that Diso was chosen by fate as the vanguard of destiny.

In the early spring of 143 Diso began wandering the wilds.

In the early spring of 143 Diso starved to death in the Horn of Striking.

bungler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 15, 2010, 03:50:02 pm »

Hmmm, this is weird. The first volcano I found on the first map I genned on this release (haven't changed any files at all). Think theres an aquifer as well. Anybody else had this happen to them before? Or is this normal.

http://imgur.com/1MMIg.png
http://imgur.com/LZKXb.png
http://imgur.com/r98Ji.png

EDIT: had the pics in the wrong order
EDIT 2: It does go back into the mountain after 10 levels tho.

Yes, do a search in the forum for "WORLD_GEN" and you will find someone who found a volcano that extended 82 z-levels above level 0, and the tube was the same shape, it seems...

Cespinarve

• Bay Watcher
  • Lege lege lege relege labora et invenies
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 15, 2010, 03:57:28 pm »

Well, adventure mode is working faster than ever. I've noticed that the furrowed clay fields seem to be very haphazard- little single tiled patches dotting the landscape. And I, too, have found that every mountain tile is a mountain hall.

Also, the truetype etc. is buggy and weird, but that's been warned about, and to be expected.
Nice one, not sure when I'll be feeling like killing a baby but these things are good to know.
This is why we can't have nice things... someone will just wind up filling it with corpses.
Arrakis teaches the attitude of the knife — chopping off what's incomplete and saying: "Now it's complete because it's ended here."

Trigonous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 15, 2010, 04:02:13 pm »

Just the fix to the lever linkage makes this release the best one ever.  Seriously.  I'm happier about that than I was about going to 3D :D
So of all the things you can do in DF, it's the fractal artifacts that make you think dwarves are crazy.

Never mind the magma falls, the atom smashers, the cog-and-axle turing-complete computers, or the colonizing of Hell itself... all those are fine, but man, those recursive artifacts! Where do they get such ideas?

Sir Finkus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 15, 2010, 04:02:28 pm »

I'm getting crashed during the opening movie.  If I skip it, the game runs just fine.  Love the new font support, can't wait until it's all nailed down.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 22