Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Goblin Herds  (Read 749 times)

gralcio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Goblin Herds
« on: September 15, 2010, 04:51:41 am »

Guys, do you have problems with herds of stupid creatures being almost unable to move?

Like when goblins try to escape from a map, their leader leaves the map and they suddenly have noone to follow and just stay there.

Right now I have a herd of stacked trolls and goblins at like 9 squares. From time to time one of them moves a few squares away just to get back (must be herd gravity).

Also, do all building destroyers get so amused by smashing door even though they don't need to to that to pass? ("Uhh uhh, doors, me smasha")
It's like a great lure for them, corridor full of doors (doors don't even have to block the way) and they will spend there a few years.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
Re: Goblin Herds
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2010, 07:32:41 am »

Building destroyers love destroying buildings. Addictions are a powerful thing.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2010, 07:46:38 am »

Ah, the great herds of goblins. Once their numbers were in the millions, the herds stretching out from horizon to horizon across the plains. Then... the Dwarf came. They hunted the great goblins mercilessly, for their precious goblinite, for trophies, or for Fun. They hunted all across the great plains, sparing not the females or young, until, they were all gone. The great slaughter stained the plain with blood for the generations to see the terrible cost of greed. :-[
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2010, 11:21:36 am »

Nobody liked them anyway  8)

Tommy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2010, 11:23:51 am »

There is perhaps nothing more annoying than a squad of goblins that refuses to move because its leader wandered into a cage trap left on the other side of the map to capture elephants.
HAHAHA YES MY EXPIDITION LEADER IS PARTYING WITH GHOSTS THIS IS THE BEST UPDATE EVER
Dwarf Fortress in a nutshell. It includes dead things, parties, and getting really excited over updates.

neek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2010, 11:35:29 am »

You could always run them off by inconveniencing them with the rotting corpses of your military. That seems to sometimes work.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2010, 11:52:22 am »

Long range catapult practice. It's not likely to kill any of them, but it's amusing and gives some dwarves something to do. Plus it'll get rid of some of your stone!
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One